Bulls Gap , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Bulls Gap Camping Reviews
What a want a campground to be

Cozy and Spotless. Such warm management staff. Extremely helpful and even directed me to see my first Bear.

The RV park itself is awesome!

This park was awesome, beautiful views, rolling green grass, full hook up and partial hook ups for a decent fare. There is a lot to do nearby, it’s easy to get to the park and they have good cellular connection.

This park has 1 issue. Communication.

There are 3 reasons/experiences we will never return. There is a couple who camphost (fulltime RVers), and another couple who are the owners who live in a house on property. Pretty standard setup. Generally speaking- if you obtain permission for something from the camp host, you can reasonably expect that you have obtained the proper permission.

1. Arriving Early. Again- working, we called to ask permission to show up at 12:00pm instead of 2pm, communicated: if we could, we would like to not miss a full day of work moving the rig. Female who answered their only phone, said no problem, come on in, your site is open. Fantastic! We show up and the female owner of the park (we didn’t know who we talked to we just called their phone line)- was mad as hell that we were there early. We explained the screw up and apologized because it was a legitimate mistake. We thought that’s the end of it. Moving on.

2. We were there for 17 days, and needed to get a couple of boxes, one being our ballots to vote, one small package, and one medium size package. We again called the phone number, a female answered, gave us permission and told us the address. The first two arrive without issue. The third was apparently a problem with the female owner once again, even though the previous two packages- she never indicated there was a problem.

3. Booking- we originally booked 7 or so days and had to book more because of rain. We moved sites as they requested. Again - spoke to a female on the phone, no problem, y’all can stay until the 24th, this time she said “I wrote myself a note to tell the owner”. Cool, as a guest my work is done, all set. On the 23rd the female owner of the park came and beat on the door. My husband was at work. She was very angry, I was very confused. She asked when we were leaving and why we haven’t left, still confused I replied we paid until the 24th which is tomorrow and we will be leaving early in the morning. This made things epically more hostile. She said I was inconveniencing her other patrons because they expected full hook ups. I didn’t know what my husband had done or who he spoken to, all I knew was that we were leaving on the 24th. So I offered to call him and get to the bottom of it. I had him call her to simplify things. She screamed at him on the phone which goes through his hearing aids. He asked her to speak more quietly so he could understand her. Apparently she has the camp host approve things or doesn’t communicate with the camphost well. Each of these 3 things had sent her over the edge. She wouldn’t calm down so he hung up, so she called back and left a scathing voicemail about how rude he is…

We will never return, the last thing we need right now when everything is chaos for 2020- is to deal with that.

Loved staying here!

A bucket list trip to step foot on the APP and spend time wandering Hot Springs NC.

Remote campground with beautiful settings.

Awesome campground with select sites. Nice tent sites but RVs are restricted to the edge of the road. Unique area with its higher elevation. Nice people throughout many who have been coming here for many years. Clean restrooms but no showers.

Smoky Mountains

Good campground especially for the price! Collected our own firewood, but you can bring heat-treated wood that’s bundled and certified by USDA. Tent pads have gravel so definitely bring a sleeping pad.

Our favorite

This is our absolute favorite campground. Great amenities and ease of access for anything we need with a short drive into town. It’s quiet and relaxing. Watch out for pesky raccoons in site 7. They love to eat dog food.

True camping at its best! Private wooded sites and more!

Cosby Campground is a stunningly beautiful place to camp. Clean, bathrooms, very private sites. Mostly tent sites a few RV sites. But, No Electric, No Cell Service, and No Showers! What a good feeling to be totally disconnected. I literally could not check my messages, work emails, phone calls. No excuses.

Just out of a Totally off grid few days at Cosby Campground in Tennessee. We did a 5 mile hike up the side of a mountain, 2,300 feet in elevation gain, to Henwallow Falls that kicked our asses! Steep hills, mud, slippery rocks and roots, over narrow log bridges to get to the waterfall and then… back down. We are hurting today! But a good kind of accomplishment pain. We did it!

Our pictures are of site 88 and site 75. Two big RV spots for our tiny squaredrop camper. Remember, no power. We used out jackery 1000 for recharging small electronics the 5 days we were there.

88 was more private. But if we had to go again… we saw #93. Great Big and Private RV site in a corner.

AtlasJeeper

@AtlasJeeper

Beautiful! Just beautiful

We came here for our honeymoon for 2 nights. The camp is easy to find, located about 10 minutes outside of Asheville. The French Broad is literally right in front of your campsites. Very peaceful and clean setting. Dean was there to help with any questions we had. Super great guy! We will definitley be back and would recommend Camp Driftwood to anyone looking for a nice, quiet get away. Thank you so much!

Great campground

Great campground right on the River town is right across railroad tracks

Awesome host and awesome view!

We absolutely loved this spot! All of the campsites are right on the river. Dean is extremely nice and helpful. Tons of firewood is available for $10 (he accepts cash or PayPal). The spots have numbers so it’s easy to tell which you’re at and Dean will give you a heads up about which ones are available! We just choose the best looking one that was open.