Camping in Bugscuffle

440 Reviews of 87 Bugscuffle, Tennessee Campgrounds

C
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2021

Beautiful Campsite!

A hidden gem in a gorgeous area of Tennessee! The campsite itself was very camper friendly with a fire pit, picnic tables, and private showers. The surrounding area was filled with wonderful hiking trails, magical waterfalls, and a majestic lake. It's the perfect place to enjoy a camping experience!

A
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2021

Extremely Camper-Friendly!

This spot is perfect for campers looking for a spot to stay! They have private bathroom and shower facilities, a personal fire pit, picnic tables, and so much more! I was able to go on some amazing hikes while staying here as well as having access to a magnificent lake. I would highly recommend…

R
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Good not great

We were in spot 25 which is a pull through with full hookups. We were in town for the Nascar races. Pros...Full hookups including sewer. Convenient to Smyrna, Murfreesboro, and Nashville. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

Cons...Spot was a little tight for our 38 ft 5th wheel. With slides on…

BThe Dyrt PRO User

What a gem

We saw a YouTube RVer briefly talk about Poole Knobs in a recent video and the comments were very favorable so we thought we’d give it a try. We have stayed on the other side of Percy Priest lake and loved it so thought we’d try an Army Corps campground this time in Nashville. What a gem! All of…

Dan D.

Local favorite

Close to town and accessible. Great nature center, trails, and even a small cave for spelunking. Clean sites and friendly staff.

Sitearea 2 site 65
Dan D.

Nice quick getaway

Henry Horton boasts easy access, clean showers and sites. They offered many interesting programs for all ages. Staff and host friendly. Restaurant closed for updating.

Sitesite 1
A
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Integrity Issue

On 21 April, I booked a 3-Night stay for Memorial Day Weekend at Sasquatch Farms (2985 Browns Trace Rd South Pittsburg TN 37380). I called their desk and inquired about this new campground. The price was two to three times a normal campground with only water and electric. She told me that the…

Jerry M.The Dyrt PRO User

Awesome spot!

So glad this was my first experience in my RV. The owners here were so helpful and gave us some great tips on our RV and were super accommodating. The first site we entered got a bit muddy after a few days of rain and they brought in a truckload of gravel and spread it out to keep the mud at bay.

Tamara B.

Stairs

Campsites for tents are down long rustic stairs. Our site had 20 broken rock steps from parking to site and no handrail. Lake view was beautiful however so we had a nice time. We took a kayak down the Caney Fork. Canoe the Caney shuttle service was the best we’ve ever used.

R

Kid friendly

We loved Sharon Johnson. Really good camp for littles and good spot for first time campers. Camp host was awesome. We will go back.

• just got done at the pool
  • ducks are really tame and let my daughter chase them
  • teach them young
Timothy The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

State park with a view!!!!

Old Stone Fort has nice sites with concrete picnic tables. Some of the sites on the lower end flood so caution is required when reserving a campsite. There is electrical hookups (30 & 50)as well as water. The park is just down the street.

Darrell F.
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

Clean campground at a waterpark

I actually had a really good stay here, but I will say that the water park was closed and it wasn’t peak season. They do keep the campground up and it is very friendly service. I like that they had cable and a full hook up and the showers and bathrooms were nice

SiteI stayed on site number 12
Month of VisitApril
TThe Dyrt PRO User

Beautiful waterfront camping

Great, spacious sites with concrete or wood picnic tables, fire pits and grills. Fairly level sites. Clean and well maintained. Only downside is limited bathroom and shower facilites ( a long trek, uphill).

Site34&48
Erica C.The Dyrt PRO User

Lake views are the best

Stayed for 5 days on a lakeside site- it was beautiful, mostly clean (goose droppings), and pretty spacious! Still a new campground next to an established marina. Some construction is still going. They are adding more sites and a small pool to the existing amenities like a beach, a hammock pergola,…

w

Primitive camping

We recently stayed in the Collins west campground. About a half mile hike in to the sites from parking. The area was perfect for the 6 of us with plenty of family friendly hiking. The overlook by campsite 3 which is my favorite site was amazing!