The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Wildaire , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Wildaire Camping Reviews
Beautiful park!

This park is so clean and the views are amazing!

Fantastic Weekend Getaway!

We absolutely loved our stay at Keowee Toxaway! My only complaint is that we couldn’t stay longer! Our group of 15 stayed in the RV loop, sites 1, 2 and 3. The bathrooms were down the hill a short walk away and were quite clean! We took advantage of the hiking opportunities and enjoyed every second of our ascent to Raven’s Rock! What a beautiful view! While we didn’t have enough time to kayak, the water was inviting. The boat launch area seemed to be an easy access point and also provided some stunning sunset photo ops!!

Great Campground Near Awesome Hiking Trails

This is a great campground in a fantastic location near Brevard, NC.  The sites have plenty of space and when I visited in mid-April, the campground was not full, including sites near the Creek.  Restrooms were clean and the campground as a whole is well maintained.  One of the best parts of this campground is the location.  It is very close to many must-see/do hikes in the Brevard area, including Looking Glass Rock and the Art Loeb trail (trailhead located at the campground!).  There are also other trails that can be directly accessed from the campground.  There is a gate at the entrance of the campground with a person in the booth until 8 p.m. each day.  You must have a pass to enter the campground.   One note is there is no cell service in the campground, although as others have noted, you can get service just about a mile up the road toward Brevard.

Perfect

We have stayed here a total of 3 times, twice with out tent and once with our squaredrop. The Bluet site is our favorite, it's close to the bathroom but also feels very private. There is a small waterfall on the property which is worth the hike.

The surrounding area is slap full of things to do. Make sure to keep an eye out for white squirrels while in town. If there is the summer be sure to check out Sliding Rock, it is so refreshing on a warm summers day.

The owners of the campground are absolutely amazing and very hands on with everything.

Everything you could want

I was born in SC and my parents retired just across the NC state line. I have camped most of my life. I am ashamed to say this was my first time here, but it won't be my last. Fishing, hiking, kayaking, swimming, birding. All that combined with quiet serenity. The host was wonderful. The bathrooms were dated, but clean. Hot Showers. You are also within a short drive to Travelors Rest or about 45 min - 1 hr to Greenville. Greenville. SC. A great day trip. Ashville is also worth a drive to visit Biltmore.

Kings mountain National military park

Sweet little 4 mile hike back to a primitive camping area. There is one designated area but we passed a few campsite scattered along other areas of the trail. The National park sits back-to-back with the state park and is joined by a nice trail.

Great place for a stop.

Not too far off of I-26 about a half mile down a well-maintained gravel road. Plenty of level campsites. Two out houses that seem to be cleaned about once a week. Fire pits and picnic tables at most campsites.

Awesome views!

This park has some of the most beautiful views I have ever experienced at a campground. We stayed in one of the cabins and the bathrooms were super clean, the cabin was incredibly nice and we really enjoyed our stay! Black Mountain is a GREAT town and not too far from the campground but also just far enough.

Very nice quiet and clean

Spent three nights here to explore surrounds. Beautiful quiet smaller campground. Facilities spotlessly clean.

Great fun!

My family of four stayed here for 3 nights and loved it, even though it rained a little. There is the Stumphouse tunnel and a waterfall nearby that are a lot of fun too. My daughter enjoyed paddleboats and mini golf. The prices were great for activities. We would love to come here again.