The best BOAT IN camping near
Wildaire , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Wildaire Camping Reviews
Great fun!

My family of four stayed here for 3 nights and loved it, even though it rained a little. There is the Stumphouse tunnel and a waterfall nearby that are a lot of fun too. My daughter enjoyed paddleboats and mini golf. The prices were great for activities. We would love to come here again.

Beautiful and convenient

This was just a stop-over for us on a longer road trip. It’s location is convenient to the interstate, Asheville, and the Blue Ridge. Sites were beautifully wooded, ample hiking nearby. Bathrooms were clean. Will definitely return!

Peaceful serenity

Have waited six months into our RV life to start reviews for fair comparisons. Spent 5 nights. This was our introduction to ACE campgrounds and we were sold right away. Huge site right on the lake. So peaceful. Not a whole lot to do in the park (fine by me, happy to stare at a lake) but nice long walk to the dam, some reasonable mountain biking quick drive away.

Hidden gem of South Carolina

Have waited six months into our RV life to start reviews for fair comparisons. Spent 4 nights here. Mortified to say that this was our first time here despite living in Charleston, SC for over 10 years. What a gem! Fabulous solid hiking including waterfalls and biking even around the park’s roads. Love the feel of this campground. Living in the forest. And one of the most friendly camp hosts we have encountered. Could easily have stayed here longer.

Family friendly, well maintained

My family stayed at South Cove on a Friday night. We were impressed with the large number of pull through sites and the cleanliness of the campground. We arrived late in the day and the camp hosts were friendly and quick to assist with checking in. There are several large play areas in walking distance. There appeared to be beautiful lake views from almost every site. We very much enjoyed our stay and plan to return for a longer visit.

Friendly People

Location is great and staff/ people helpful and friendly.
Negatives- loud from the traffic on the two highways you are between. Ditches dug on sites which could have been dangerous for kids Campground flooded in the middle of the night. Happy they woke us up to evacuate but lost a few items that were under the trailer. Wish we had been warned earlier that there might be a possibility so we could have put things up high or away

Easily one of my favorite campgrounds

My husband & I happened upon this place last year when we were looking for a place to camp but all popular campsites were fully booked. Someone suggested this place to us and we were happy & more than lucky that we came. The owner was so nice and directed us to just set up tent anywhere.  The place was starting to get full but we were able to set up tent next to the pond which was a lovely spot. After setting up our tent, it was time to relax.  I brought my guitar (which i always do when we go to the mountains) and just started to play a lil bit to myself (not a great player, just likes to play).  That kind of drew the other campers and next thing we know, we were all jamming and singing.  Mind you this is not a very large campsite but the size of it and the way the campsite is set up makes for easy mingling. The campers are mostly bikers and they are all very friendly and outgoing. I think that makes this place special.  There is a shed where food is served for bfast and dinner if you are too tired to cook.  There are two charcoal grills if you want to make your own bbq. Overall, i fell in love with this place and we are hoping to come back very soon. SOON!

Great spot close to Asheville

Even though it’s only 10 minutes or so away from the edge of Asheville, it has the feel of being much further away - including no Verizon service.

Several areas were closed due to the time of the year, but still explorable by foot or bike.

Some reviews mentioned the lake being underwhelming. It is small, but looked pretty to me. Also looks like a lot of fishing pressure, so might be a tough bite.

Lots of trails including several that are popular with mountain bikers on the road into camp.

Close to the NC Arboretum, too!

Nice state park for hiking

We've stayed here a couple of times in 2021. Lots of construction going on right now as some of the loops get upgraded RV parking. The tent loop is great for those who want more privacy and are willing to trek their gear a short distance, but the park needs to address parking for the tent area. The best feature of the park are it's access to excellent hiking for all skill levels.

Hidden getaway

Quiet. On the lake. Diamond in the rough…though more of a piece of coal than a diamond but that is okay, not into fancy and all the amenities, we camp to get away from society.