Seneca , SOUTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Seneca Camping Reviews
Quiet site on the river

Peaceful little spot. A small loop of sites with decent space between.

It’s first come first serve, but we were able to drive in Thursday night at 6pm and get site 6, right on the river (the whole camp was about 40% full).

Bathrooms are a short walk from all sites. Water is easy to find.

There’s a 15$ fee per night, self pay.

If you’re in the area, this is a good spot to get away from the world.

Pretty Nice Place!

The scenery here is beautiful; I enjoyed being able to set up my tent right next to the stream. The sites are close together, but it was fairly empty when I was there. The staff seemed disorganized and didn't really know what they were doing, but they were friendly enough. The bathhouse is far from the adult camping area, but overall it was a decent camping experience!

Rude and unfriendly staff

The staff here doesn’t care about customer service.  They have an attitude and act like they are doing you a favor by just speaking with you.  There are plenty of options in north Georgia, so I’d recommend skipping Enota simply because the people are rude and it’s not worth supporting a place that doesn’t treat people the right way.

Hidden Gem

This is a great Campground if you're not looking for a bunch of frou-frou amenities. The road is well maintained but can be very steep in places so make sure you have some tread on your tires. No garbage cans so pack in and pack out. No generators allowed. But clean campsites and plenty of toilets. There's even a primitive hot shower. The people are very friendly both the campers and the people who operate the camp. Wood is available on-site $5 for 10 pieces or you can pack your wood in. I will definitely be back.

Went to the lower campsite

We went to the lower campsite because the road to #2 was flooded. We actually briefly walked across the river bridge and found a beautiful spot right next to the river. The sites were dispersed enough, maybe 50-100yds between tents with trees separating. Would highly recommend. There are no amenities, so be prepared.

If you want to hike the area, do some homework before arriving because there is no service.

Very primitive

We had campsites TS1 & TS2 across the water. A few of us kayaked to our site while others hiked 3miles to our site. It was very quiet and we could barely see our neighbors. Our site was surrounded by trees, plenty of options for hammocking/pitching a tent. It does include a fire pit with a grill grate option. This was our 2nd time here and we will def continue camping here.

Amazing camping/biking

Stayed multiple times, this place rocks! The staff is super cool and laid back. The trail system is awesome. It’s super nice being able to bike straight from your camp and go ride. The out door showers are bad ass as well! Such a cool environment.

Great hiking

State Park with decent bath and shower facilities. Lots of space between sites.

Spaces tend to be a little uneven, especially the pull through spots.

Great hikes or bike rides all over the place.

Comfortable RV Camping

Very new, clean campground. Everything is well maintained. We camped after Zeta rolled through, so there were some trees down on some of the hiking trails but I could hear chainsaws running, clearing the paths. The camp sites were a little on the smaller side but still comfortable. It was far from being full, so even though the sites were a little close we weren’t near other campers. The RV spots are paved and easy to get level while the table and fire pit are in gravel. I didn’t get a chance to check out the tent campsites, so I can’t speak to that. The hiking trails were fun and peaceful. We also brought bikes and rode around the park which was fun. All in all, not the best campground I’ve ever been to, but it’s easy to get to and was fun for the family. I’d definitely come back.

Remote location

This camp ground is very remote, down a dirt road. No cell service and I only saw 2 other people. Half of the sites are on one side of the river and the other on the other half, to get to the other side you must drive through the river on the road that passes through it. When I went it was about 2-3 inches deep and moving quickly. I didn’t dare go to the other side, but there was a smaller, low riding car who made it over, if they make it back I don’t know. I tried to wait and see but they were still packing when I was ready to head out. The camp ground was beautiful with fire pits and some even had grills to use over the fire. The road to get in was a bit bumpy but I was in no hurry. It was $12 a night. Just fill out the ticket and add cash or check and drop it in the box. I didn’t see any park person to check to see if I paid, and I’m sure I could have not, but it was the right thing to do. It was a bit chilly last night and I’m almost out of water and gas so decided to move on, but I wouldn’t have minded staying more than one night. I’m sure there are many places I didn’t get a chance to explore. I would visit again, but would probably prefer company since it’s so remote down there. And signs suggest that bear activity is a problem, but I was fortunate enough not to experience that. There are bathrooms, no showers, and a water pump, but I’m not sure if it was drinkable or not.