Indian Hills , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Indian Hills Camping Reviews
Fantastic Weekend Getaway!

We absolutely loved our stay at Keowee Toxaway! My only complaint is that we couldn’t stay longer! Our group of 15 stayed in the RV loop, sites 1, 2 and 3. The bathrooms were down the hill a short walk away and were quite clean! We took advantage of the hiking opportunities and enjoyed every second of our ascent to Raven’s Rock! What a beautiful view! While we didn’t have enough time to kayak, the water was inviting. The boat launch area seemed to be an easy access point and also provided some stunning sunset photo ops!!

Perfect

We have stayed here a total of 3 times, twice with out tent and once with our squaredrop. The Bluet site is our favorite, it's close to the bathroom but also feels very private. There is a small waterfall on the property which is worth the hike.

The surrounding area is slap full of things to do. Make sure to keep an eye out for white squirrels while in town. If there is the summer be sure to check out Sliding Rock, it is so refreshing on a warm summers day.

The owners of the campground are absolutely amazing and very hands on with everything.

Everything you could want

I was born in SC and my parents retired just across the NC state line. I have camped most of my life. I am ashamed to say this was my first time here, but it won't be my last. Fishing, hiking, kayaking, swimming, birding. All that combined with quiet serenity. The host was wonderful. The bathrooms were dated, but clean. Hot Showers. You are also within a short drive to Travelors Rest or about 45 min - 1 hr to Greenville. Greenville. SC. A great day trip. Ashville is also worth a drive to visit Biltmore.

Amazing

The views were amazing and it was far enough removed from everything that only nature sounds are heard at night. The way to get to the WMA seems like you’re going through people’s back yards, but it’s the right way. Your navigation might stop randomly, but keep going and you’ll find plenty of pull offs to set up camp. I would recommend triple checking the temperatures because it is a bit high in elevation and can cause some pretty drastic fluctuations if you’re not ready. I would also recommend not going after it has rained or snowed, or if you do, leave your vehicle on the trail and unpack from there. I may or may not have gotten stuck and needed a hand to push my car out. Basically be prepared, because even though you might have a cell signal, you can wind up pretty far back in the woods. At this place.

Awesome campground run by the NICEST family

I have brought family here, planned a girls trip here, planned just nice getaways here.. etc. And I'll keep on coming back because this camping spot is incredible for the cabin or the rv camping experience. The sites are well spaced. The grounds are well planned. Everyone is so nice. It is just awesome out here.

Panther Creek

As I was hiking Panther Creek to the base of the waterfall I saw 10-15 camp sites where you can camp for free, primitive style!

Small site near parking area

This is a small clearing and firepit established near the trailhead at Mooney Gap. This would work in a pinch if you got to the site after dark and wanted to set up a site for the night. However, I would suggest continuing up the trail as there are many better options further along with more space and privacy from the road.

1099 stairs

Great park. Many hiking opportunities in the park and surrounding areas. It is 1099 stairs to the bottom of canyon!Campground was nice. Sites are open and unlevel but most were a good size. Sites are gravel with table, grill, water, and electric. Campground is very hilly. It was great to be able to access trails from the campground. You can also walk to the day use area from campground which has a trail and beach picnic area. 2 bathhouses were good. Laundry facilities available. There was little cell reception and no tv reception here. Went to Helen for a bit-IMO it's overrated. Branch out from the park because there are some great hiking trails in the area. They were not issuing any gorge floor permits the time we went. There is a fabulous museum/welcome center here with some history and facts about the park. Park is pretty busy. It was spring break when we went but it was not overwhelming. It was nice to see kids riding bikes and running outside.

Very beautiful campground

I camped here with a friend and the dogs. The road is a steep grade up to the campground. There are several overlooks on the way. The campsites have a firepit, picnic bench - and table, and a lantern pole. Some of the sites were not very private and more open without shade. We were in number 15 and it was in our opinion the best one. Trees and bushes on 3 sides. The bathroom was very clean and well maintained. The campground has a little trading post at the entrance. Unfortunately it was closed on the weekend. You could still pick up firewood. It was walking distance to several hiking trails. Due to a lot of rain, we spent our Saturday downtown Clayton, which is just about 10 minutes from the campground and definitely worth a visit. We would camp here anytime again.

Great fun!

My family of four stayed here for 3 nights and loved it, even though it rained a little. There is the Stumphouse tunnel and a waterfall nearby that are a lot of fun too. My daughter enjoyed paddleboats and mini golf. The prices were great for activities. We would love to come here again.