This map requires WebGL
Please update your web browser or enable WebGL to view the map.Troubleshooting Info
The #1 Camping App
Enter your phone number to get the app.
We were able to reserve site 40 and it was the most beautiful site avaliable at the campground. There is a trail to the lake, where you can access water and it made us feel like we were in our private small beach. There were staff cleaning restrooms regularly, showers had great pressure! You can rent kayaks or paddle boards at the campground. We loved the experience and will definitely be back.
Pleasant campground, lots of room between sites. The water pressure was not satisfactory and we couldn’t take showers in our camper. The Internet isn’t high speed and we couldn’t get it to work unless no one was using it very early in the morning. If the water pressure were better, I would consider coming back, but it might be a deal breaker.
We stayed here this past weekend and absolutely loved it. Our site was #40 and it was right on the lake. There is a skunk that comes up to your site at night but he doesnt bother anyone as long as you dont scare it. Very beautiful and peaceful campground. Friendly staff. Definitely going to return again.
Love this family owned campground!! The sites weren't right on top of each other, but you can definitely see your neighbors with ease. The family that owns it lives on site. They have a pancake breakfast on the weekends, which was nice. They also have a store on site that has everything you didn't know you forgot!! Bathrooms were quite a walk from our site, so we drove to it when needed. The campground is pet friendly!! Dump station on site was convenient!
The walk from parking Roth’s camp sites was easy and not far. The campsites are decent sizes and decent space between sites. Unfortunately it rained the entire time we camped otherwise would have been perfect. Will definitely come back to these sites again.
We camped at Baker Creek (relatively local to us at only 30 miles away) for the first time 7-9 October 2020. We went for kayaking and mountain biking as well as just some time away. Baker Creek is off the main body of Clarks Hill Lake/Lake Strom Thurmond and as such is much quieter than some of the other campgrounds (e.g. Elijah Clark).
- A smallish campground with many sites on the water or at least water-accessible.
- Clean bathhouses
- Super friendly Rangers and Campground hosts.
- Quiet on land and from boat traffic noise
- Comparatively inexpensive
- Showing its age, it needs some work. Appears a bit run down with erosion evident on many sites.
- No fire rings although fires are permitted (previous campers have built makeshift/ad hoc fire rings using the plentiful rocks in the area).
- Can seem cramped with 50 sites in arelatively small area.
- No T-Mobile call service in the area.
The Good News (Renovations!):
Speaking with the Campground Host, and later one of the rangers, here are some developments about Baker Creek SP that will definitely be of interest.
1. The park is closing the end of October 2020 as usual but is not projected to open in 2021 until 1 May once renovations are complete.
2. Renovations to the campground include modernizing the sites which included reducing the number of sites from 50 to 30, increasing the size of the sites, installing 50A outlets and fire rings at a minimum.
3. Once the park reopens, it will be open YEAR ROUND.
We will definitely be returning after they reopen and I'll post a new review.