Garden City, SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Garden City Camping Reviews
Great day trip.

Visited this past spring. For us it's a nice day spot for fishing and kayaking. Camping available but spots (withshower house) are limited. Still a nice spot for day trip or stop over.

Summer destination

We have stayed at Lakewood for the last 10 years for our summer vacation. This year we booked 2 weeks and rode out our first hurricane!! We really enjoy the quite family atmosphere and the short walk to the beach. The water park is super fun for our children. They love the water slides and I love the lazy river that allows me to float around and watch them. My kids love to go fishing at night and crabbing at the inlet. We ride golf carts and enjoy the activities the campground provide. The bathhouses are usually clean. They have a good coffee house and store with really good food. We really enjoy our summers at Lakewood!!

Peaceful place under the oaks

They have really nice cabins on the water. A boat ramp and marina for boats. Really great place to stay if you want to fish around georgetown SC or just explore the history of georgetown. The camp host are wonderful helpful people. There a food lion and gas stations not to far away.

Great place

Great family campground we’ve stayed at many times this year. Water park for kids and beach access.

Great family place

We’ve stayed here many times it’s a great family campground with plenty for kids to do as well as beach access for the campground and golf cart rentals so you don’t have to walk to the beach.

Hidden Gem
 In the heart of the Myrtle Beach strip near Ocean Lakes is a quaint state park.
 I camped in the overflow camping area because I wanted a single night stay (two nights are usually required).  I called the same morning to reserve over the phone. If you want wifi which comes free, DO NOT STAY AT THESE SITES, wifi does not reach the overflow camping as my campsite buddies can attest. On that note, the night was not crowded but the campsites are directly on top of each other in the overflow sites, be warned. However, my neighbors were cool, friendly, and respectful.
 The overflow is a close walk to the beach and the fishing pier maybe 7 minutes.  We were situated only yards away from the bathrooms which were clean. As of 8/20 masks are required for bathrooms and the gift shop at the pier. Security drove through several times during the night and other than the thunderstorms it was quiet.  Everyone at the park was very friendly.
Beautiful open campground

Very nice campground, great amenities, very clean. Sites are very unlevel and there are sand spurs everywhere so definitely keep shoes on everyone, we had to buy our pup booties.

Won’t be back

I’ve stayed once before in a rental property and had a great time. The Camper experience however was much different. The staff except for the lovely gentleman who helped direct traffic at the gate was all very rude. As we got to our site, there was a camper still there. We called the office and was told we would either have to take another site or leave the premises until they were able to get down there and have the camper moved. No apology, no refund or future discount for the inconvenience, and the manager had a poor attitude the entire conversation. The sites are packed and the roads are small and the golf carts are endless so getting in and out and back in seemed nearly impossible so we chose the other site. We happened upon more rude fellow campers than pleasant ones. All in all we were there and had a good time as long as we stayed to ourself and our campsite but we will not be returning.

Our Favorite Place

This was our first stop when we purchased our Travel Trailer and we just keep coming back. Nice wooded little campground, few amenities, but the staff and fellow campers are all incredibly nice. They are in the middle of expansion so we are very excited to see where it goes.

Great campground for the whole family. Love being on the Intracoastal!