Camping in Jamestown

313 Reviews of 30 Jamestown, South Carolina Campgrounds

L
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Family Fun for all Ages

Whether you like the pool, lake, or beach this campground has something for everybody. Nearly everything is included in the cost of your stay & the onsite amenities make it hard to want to ever leave the park.

Claire O.
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Family Fun Camping!

This campground is perfect for families! Had a blast with all my young cousins participating in all the daily activities. Highlight of the trip was one of the bears Cindy riding around on a fire truck. Sites are very nice! Concert pads, full hook-ups. They even have family quad sites that seemed…

• Yogi Bear!
K
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Rustic Cabin Check in delay

We just visited the Myrtle Beach KOA and stayed in one of their rustic camping cabins. First the good — The staff we dealt with were pleasant and helpful. The campground was generally clean and there was a reasonable amount of space between the sites. Now the bad — we arrived at 4:30pm to check…

SiteC42
theresa T.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Nice, quiet

Nice open field. Has pit toilet and 1 water faucet. Currently overwhelmed with may flies. But over all a nice campground. No cell reception

Ioan P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Excellent

This place earned my simpaty ! HS everything and behind! Has a store and restaurant inside. You can rent a electrical cart and much more. Did I mention is right on the beach. Yep !

Gary P.
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

A yearly favorite !

We go to MBSP at least once per year! This is easily one of our favorite beach destinations on the east coast. The park is huge, offers spacious sites (if you look a for the right ones), and is a short bike ride from the beach! The staff are always great and the facilities are clean and tidy! I…

Nancy B.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

SC Beach Camping

Love Camping here. Clean, plenty to do, I could hear the waves from my bed at night.

Ashley B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Great Location, but HUGE

We loved the spot we for right by the ocean. Overall, it was a bit too crowded for our style of camping.

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Carolina pines was awesome

We stayed at Carolina pines and we will be back all the amenities was amazing the food was good and the pool felt great

Sited072
Ashley W.
Reviewed May. 18, 2021

Tight squeeze

I loved that we could walk to the beach. The shower houses were super clean, and the staff was really friendly. Full site hook ups, which is unusual at state parks.

Down falls, the roads are tight. I can't tell you how many bigger RVs have hit trees. We have a 40.5 footer 5th wheel, and it was…

LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Quiet Relaxation, great location!

We were looking for a last minute place, close to the coast. Found this campground by chance. Reasonably priced during peak season. We stayed 2 weeks, had a large campsite (probably hit or miss on site size), and really enjoyed our stay. Quiet site, not a lot on amenities, but nice wooded areas,…

Elizabeth D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

The best!

I would live here! Big sites, ocean right down these really cool paths. I'm going to try and come back. Great place!

susan M.
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Very nice kids/pet friendly!!!

My most fond memories o camping were here!!   So

Much to do!!  My kids loved exploring where the Huntington’s lived!  There are also botanical gardens nearby.  The only thing is Inthink you have to reserve your spot more than a year in advance now!!

laurie M.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Month long stay

Nice campground. Not too large nor small. It has everything we needed. They are improving campsite by expanding the pads and the majority are done. Unfortunately we did not have an enhanced pad and that’s the only reason I 4 starred it.

Month of VisitApril
Caleb J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 7, 2021

Great spot for an overnight or for a weekend

I love this spot. Its right on the trail, it also allows for you to drive right up to the campground and park your car, set up camp and then head out for a hike. It has some spots closer to the parking area and others back away from it by a couple hundred feet. There used to be water available but…

SiteHalfway creek primitive trail camp