The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Belton , SOUTH CAROLINA

Camping South Carolina Belton Standard (Tent/RV)

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Belton Camping Reviews
Dangerous Camp Site

We’re new campers. We’ve only visited state parks so far. This was our first KOA stay. This place was clean and the owners are constantly working and really nice. They showed us to our campsite and brought firewood to our site when we bought it in the store. They had a cute little general store and a play set for the littles. There is a pool for warmer weather. I only gave this campground two stars because of the location of our site. I camp with my two small children and the location of this site was simply unacceptable. Even if I was alone with my husband, I would have been terrified of this site. It was SO CLOSE to a main highway that I could reach out the back window and touch it with a broom! There were no trees or anything between our site and the road. There was no guard rail. If a car ran off the road, it would hit our camper. I didn’t sleep the whole time and wanted to leave early. Interior sites were okay. We won’t go back.

Stunning scenery

We camped at Table Rock State Park in SC in October 2020. It's a beautiful park, clean and well maintained. The weekend was a little crazy. The park was packed and many sites were filled to overflowing. I'm glad we were able to stay past the weekend to enjoy the peace and quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Kayak rentals are very inexpensive, but 30 - 60 minutes is all you'll need. They were a little short staffed due to Covid, so the check-in location near the campground was closed. We had to check in at the Visitor Center, which is quite inconvenient if you're towing a rig. But all in all, it was a great stay!

Clean. Safe. Easy. Good location.

For a private organized campground, this really is one of the best spots in Brevard.

Sites are all gravel. We have hammocked camped here, and this last trip, I camped in my Motorcycle trailer. Great spot to be for riding around the blue ridge mountains.

Most sites have electric and water. You will likely need to level anything you bring.

There is decent wi-fi, though it can be spotty when everyone gets on at night.

Decent 3 bar verizon coverage.

Bathhouses are super clean and the entire place has a friendly vibe. Sites are fairly close, but the trees help it feel secluded. Can be a bit noisy at night as sound carries, especially on weekends when there is more campers coming in.

Roads are tight and twisty, I had a tough time backing in my 10' utility trailer into spot 220.

No online reservation system. Not really any views. Just a nice solid campground with decent rates. About a 20 minute drive to Brevard and area attractions. But you can hit Ceasars Head Park about 5 minutes due south on 276 for some great hiking.

Another Stay - Favorite Site Yet

This is a second review after another week long stay at Mile Creek Campground. This time in a gravel spot #49.

Had 5G access entire time and easy to do business as digital nomads.

Have already spoken about how awesome this place is, but want to share inforabout site #49

This spot is the highest on the third "island" out from the mainland. It has epic 360 views. But, a lot of tree canopy and it is dirt/gravel. While the spot is very level, be very weary that the drive up to this spot is steep and curved, We barely made clearance with a 23' trailer that has a lift kit on it. This spot requires backup skills and the right equipment.

The tree canopy is nice, but when it rains, forest stuff sticks all over your rig, you'll be waxing off the debris and stains. Plus, you're solar is a no go here, but with electric and water hookups, solar not needed.

We also learned this is some really amazing mountain biking 25 minutes away in the Clemson Experimental Forest… the Isaqueena Trail system. Ranges from easy/intermediate to advanced when you get to the lower waterfall area in the southern part of the forest.

Great stop if you’re looking for amenities

Stayed for one night, the tent sights were flooded so they put us in an RV spot. The fire pit was clean and ready for use. The bathrooms were spotless, you could eat in there if you’re into that sort of thing. Over all nice places

Great location, close to Greenville SC

This place was large but we really struggled finding a place to stay once we got in the park, cars were parking so close to road it was hard to pull our rig through some areas. Concrete always also caving in leaving ditches that dropped off several feet… I would not stay here again unless I only wanted to use the sit to get in and out of Greenville. Nearly every good site by the amenities and playgrounds in this place was taken by annuals… If you are headed to Greenville visit the the Parks Fall on the Reedy, and the Greenville Zoo…

Gorgeous lake views

We loved our stay here! Highly recommend a trip here during late fall season, the weather was perfect and it wasn’t crowded. Bathrooms were very clean and easy to access.

Close to Chattooga River... on the West Fork!

Located in a great area as a jumping off point in the area…. if trout fishing is your thing best campground close to Hwy 28 area of the Chattooga Delayed Harvest Area…. nice bend of the West Fork with trout right in the pools..

Very primitive

We had campsites TS1 & TS2 across the water. A few of us kayaked to our site while others hiked 3miles to our site. It was very quiet and we could barely see our neighbors. Our site was surrounded by trees, plenty of options for hammocking/pitching a tent. It does include a fire pit with a grill grate option. This was our 2nd time here and we will def continue camping here.

Great hiking

State Park with decent bath and shower facilities. Lots of space between sites.

Spaces tend to be a little uneven, especially the pull through spots.

Great hikes or bike rides all over the place.