Cranston, RHODE ISLAND
Most Recent Cranston Camping Reviews
Nice, but...

Pros: Nice campground with big private spots. Nice bathhouse with pay showers. Pretty, man made lake with a beach area for swimming and paddling. Cons: no hook-ups yet it cost $36 for out of state residents plus the fees which put it up to $44. Also only one bathhouse so port-a-potties along the road. Another thing we found was that the park staff here and elsewhere in RI were very lacking in knowledge about basically anything. Overall a nice place but pricey for anyone but RI residents.

One of my worst camping experiences

Pros - the campground is lovely to drive through and the sites are fairly nicely design with some privacy between sites (some sites have more some have less).  It's also nice to have access to the multitude of hiking trails and ponds.

Cons - the works.  We stayed around Charge Pond on a Friday and Saturday night, and even though the park has clearly stated quiet hours of 10 pm to 7 am (which includes generators), it was one of the loudest camps I've ever been to.  Several camp neighbors in our loop were up well past 1am loud as hell - talking loudly, screaming and yelling - even their kids!  And one site had their trailer generator running all night - there was absolutely no patrol of this campground at all, which is unacceptable on weekends in my opinion.  This place attracts some really awful people - there were several spots of vomit in the road Saturday morning, and on Sunday morning a neighbor could be heard at 6 am puking his guts out in surround-sound.  That plus the general noisiness, disrespect of other campers, and lack of patrol would keep me away alone, but the state of the facilities topped it off.  The women's room in Charge Pond loop A was filthy - it wasn't super outdated, but just not clean at all.  Every surface was absolutely disgusting, they had a 5-gallon plastic bucket to serve as the bathroom trash, and the entire place smelled like urine.  To top it off, when using it Sunday morning every single stall was out of toilet paper, and the whole place had very clearly had not been cleaned since Friday night.  I know campground bathrooms are usually not the best, but this was definitely one of the worst - I've used vault toilets that were cleaner!

I will never stay here again.

Nice little stop over

We were just here for a couple of nights in August. Had everything we needed: 50 amp, water, sewer. It was field-style camping, which I don’t mi d at all. Nice easy in and out of sites, lots of activities on the weekend, and nice area overall.

Quite, family friendly park.

The hosts were very accommodating. We got a nice spot backing up to the river. Very secluded, clean sites. There was not sewer drains, but it’s ok, they have a nice dump station on your way out. The camp store has some fishing gear and tubes, so the kids could float down the river.

Great time

We had a great time relaxing at the camp site it was quite and we had beautiful weather

Well maintained and clean

Gorgeous campground. It’s red clay instead of sand. I knocked a star because I think the swimming area could be bigger and raked.

Biggest KOA we have ever stayed at!

We wanted to explore the Cape and are members of the KOA rewards program so we chose here to stay. The staff were very nice and helpful. They had a big store and plenty of supplies and souvenirs, from sweatshirts to stickers. We then followed the map to get to our site. As we pulled around the office we saw all kinds of activities for kids. Bouncy "pillow", pool, bounce pad, sluice, miniature golf, and a playground. All the sites we saw had trees for shade. It was a very busy place but everyone seemed happy to be there. As the weekend went on we drove thru the whole campground just to check out the rest. They had many cabins, 2 dumps sites for campers, another huge playground. If I'm ever back in the area I will stay here again!

A very busy park in summer

This state park has a campground and a separate day use area for swimming and picnicking. The campground is family friendly and most of the sites are near the water. If you are looking for privacy and quiet, I recommend the F Loop. The other loops have sites close together and it is generally quite loud during the day. Quiet hours at night are not strictly enforced so you may hear people up and around until midnight or later.

We launched our kayaks from the day use area because the campground boat launch was extremely crowded. From here, we paddled south to the end of the pond and up the Pachaug River, eventually reaching the dam at Pachaug Pond. It's an 8 mile paddle with some tricky spots to navigate, but very pretty! This park also has plenty of trails for hiking and geocaching. The pond has some really big fish, but it's heavily covered with lily pads and there are a lot of submerged trees. If you're going fishing here, a weedless rig is the way to go.

Good but a little boring

I like this campground because it is close to home.  There isn't much to do here within the campground.  It has two areas.  The one nearer the camp entrance is smaller than the second.  The second one has a playground while the first one does not.  I would not recommend the first area if you have small children for this reason.  The playground is being revamped and looks awesome so far.  Unfortunately the bathroom right next to it is closed while the playground is being updated.  It is very hilly but many people enjoy riding their bikes here.  When driving, be careful of them.  I've hiked the trails and you have to be careful. They aren't always well maintained or marked.  They are right next to the main highway so you get car noise and can usually see them as well.  I find them to be uninteresting.  There is no swimming on site either.  On the positive side, the campground is within driving distance of great fishing, biking and tourist areas.

A true RV resort

Family friendly. Staff is nice. Campsites are big and we'll spaced. Bathrooms are best of any campground. Highly recommend.

I Love the out side

Friendly staff, clean bathroom, beautiful State Park to explore!

Great family campground!

The staff is super friendly and very helpful. Nice new pool and kiddie pool. Events for the kids as well as adults. Clean campground with updated bathrooms.

Underrated concert camping

This place is pretty awesome if you’re looking to see a show at the nearby Comcast center. It’s cheap, quiet, and affordable and very close (maybe ten mins or less to the venue) I’ve been staying here for years and love it!

Great campground!

Sites 99 & 101 are best for big groups !

Great state campground!

Right on the water (:

Quiet, clean and friendly

We stayed for 4 nights during the week, and it was the quietest campground we've ever stayed in. We were told by a seasonal that its a whole different story on the weekend. There are 2 pools and lots of games that they provide the equipment for for free. Bathrooms were clean. Most sites are a good size. Fire pits are nice and big made with large rocks.

A lot of it is seasonal, but it didn't feel like it like others we've stayed in. People were friendly.

The owner and staff were very friendly and helpful. A branch fell on the camper, and the owners son came right down and checked it out.

Our only complaint would be the spot they put the 5th wheel our cousin brought. It was too close to the road, and they wouldn't let him pull in so we were facing each other even though it would have easily worked out.

Beach and Campground

The campground is clean and well maintained. There are many trails for hiking and a beach for swimming. There is a boat launch too.

Very nice!

I haven’t been tent camping in years but this past weekend I stayed while attending the Levitate festival. I was very comfortable, the bathhouses were clean. Can’t wait to go back!

Family Friendly

Not too pricey and clean With lots of activities for the family.

Terrible park

So noisy we only stayed one night. No privacy. Tents parked a few feet apart. We had smokers on both sides and our camper was blue with their smoke. Heavy drinking and loud voices all afternoon and evening. Many had their car radios blaring, all on different stations. Outdoor bingo game was done on a loudspeaker that penetrated every inch of the grounds. Drunken campers were banging on our door after midnight thinking we were the camper they were looking for. Nightmare!

One of our favorite places to stay

Beautiful clean campground! Great for kids and pets. We love taking the dog to the dog beach for a swim.

Camp store is great, fun fishing on the lake and tons of activities for the kids.

Peaceful and wooded

We have camped here many times, seasonally and weekend. Typically it’s very peaceful, you can have a nice fire and some drinks, or even party if you’d like and not usually hassled to much, lots of shaded woody sites. Pool and playground for the kids but not much else going on.

It's like a daycare for grownups.

DO NOT GO TO Cape Cod Campresort& Cabins in East Falmouth. Insanely ridiculous rules!!! Annoying staff, specifically the older ones. I felt like I was in daycare. If you like hanging out, talking late at nigt, then don't come to this place. I was told by one of the staff"no electronics after 9pm". I understand if say someone is listening to music loudly, then yes definitely ask them to turn it off. We had a 17inch tv screen, low volume, I could barely hear the tv. So I guess they just like to be annoying. They have the staff drive around all they long to harass us. For 4 nights we got harrassed, but one night that I was in bed at 11pm, they allowed an RV to check in. I was trying to sleep and people were talking outside as they were setting up camp. So I realized the rules only apply when they see fit. Sunday 4pm was asked to lower the volume of the tv, same 17inch tv. And I know for a fact that NOBODY complained, because we knew everyone around us, even the ones on the sites behind us. Front desk was rude, the first day I thought she was having a bad day, but the second I went there to buy ice and felt like I couldn't ask a question because I was bothering here. I dont know if it's a racism thing or they are just rude in general. Also, they need to hire a real life guard so the kids who are accompanied by their parents at ALL times, can use floaties. I understand letting a kid with a floatie while the parent is sun bathing or chatting with friends. But that wasn't my case. Lake area for bathing is too small. Dog park had a hole on the fence, my dog almost got out. Pool needs cleaning. One playground, not many options. Small laundry. Old arcade, needs upgrades. So, my advice is, GO TO Normandy in Foxborough. They have rules but they are reasonable and not racists.

Clean, but nothing to do

This was just a stop over for us, but we were disappointed there was nothing to do. The ground were well kept, but not enough trees for us. The bathrooms were clean too that’s about it.

Awesome Time

My family go every year and ALWAYS have fun! Whenever there is any problems, the owners are always there to help! They always have have something for everyone. I highly recommend!

Quiet, friendly campground

Just stopped for one night, small kids playground, friendly staff, very quiet (except birds chirping in the morning). Friendly seasonal guest helped us with our campfire. We heard the lake was full of mercury and not to go swimming there, but since it was a quick stopover for us we didn’t see the lake.

Busy but worth it

Mostly geared toward families, especially with kids. Most of the campground is RV sites. There a a handful of tent sites in the back (no hookups). Bathrooms and showers are very clean, general store and pools are nice and convenient. It’s a perfect distance away from Gillette (a couple miles) if you’re looking for an alternative to staying in a pricey hotel. Definitely not a place I would go to “get away from it all.” You can hear the highway from the sites.