Cranston, RHODE ISLAND
Most Recent Cranston Camping Reviews
Cute spacious

Nice little KOA typical, great for kids kinda close to Boston area.

Still Up In The Air

Husband found this on Lin e and booked without prior knowledge. This is in the middle of a subdivision on the island. Our toll charge was $8 for the truck & TT. Be careful of your height and width as the roads are narrow. Found out after we arrived outside mats are not permitted and no camp fire rings at your site. The guests we have met are basically here for months at a time which is great! Young couples whose wives are in the traveling medical fields - they were so nice. Unfortunately we also found out that there is a HUGE tick infestation here and the two couples we met have been treating their dogs daily as they have been FILLED with the buggers! We also have a dog - so I just want to keep her inside! As a side note - this place was precious known as The Paradise Mobile Home Park but changed to this RV lot.

One of my all time favorite hikes.

Beautiful family campground w/large grassy sites. On the Natchaug River

This campground is so scenic. Surrounded by the Natchaug forest, and adjacent to the Natchaug River. Great activities for everyone.

The best Family campground around

You won’t leave regretting your choice to camp here

So close to Boston

Came here while in college at Brandeis University with my field Biology class. We explored all over the bog looking for interesting species of plants and animals and found so many amazing things. This is an amazing site to take anyone who is adventurous and loves to explore. It also doesn't hurt that it's so close to Boston. I agree with all the other reviewers and definitely suggest checking this site out.

Small sites. Narrow pathways.

Lots of noise. Sites on top of each other. Long walks to nasty bathrooms.

Decent

Big campground, well maintained. A lot of restrooms. Most clean, one restroom building I went in the showers were very gross. But the rest I went in were a lot cleaner. Also we called the day we wanted to stay, booked a site, paid. Then when we got there, they had no records of the purchase, also kind weird. They did let us stay the night anyways and we figured everything out. All and all nice campground. More towards rvs since 3/4 of everyone there is rvs.

All the amenities. Cabins, tent or RV sites

This campground has showers (pay with quarters for hot water) activities for the kids, pool, arcade, snack bar? Ponds that after a busy weekend seem to be full of dump station over flow because the smell can be a little much at times.

Overall friendly people. They sell propane and firewood.

Too many rules

There are alot of things to do there but so many rules. You cant really have a great time.

Organized, Clean, Family Friendly

We stayed here for a few nights when they celebrated Halloween 🎃. It is super easy to get around. They had tons of festive activities. They have an indoor and an outdoor pool. The restrooms are clean. I highly recommend staying here. It was a lot of fun.

Had no idea it was there!

Stayed in October 2018. Tucked away in the woods I never knew this was there! Beautiful pond and a good mix of seasonal and overnight sites as well as cabins. Plenty of areas to walk our dogs and have them swim. Playgrounds, bath houses throughout and fully stocked camp store with anything you could ever need. Organized events, cafe on site and quick drive (or Uber ride) to Mohegan Sun.

Loved it!!!

Deep in the woods. Great variety of activities. Swimming lake, canoeing lake, pool, playgrounds. Choice of shade in trees or open field. Nice sites. Decent laundry and showers. Great place with kids…..lots of seasonal, but plenty short term. We will be back!!!

Family friendly campground. seasonal here for 4 years

Amazing staff and fun activities every weekend.

Our family stayed here, we loved it. It was clean, pretty, with lots to do

Our family had a great time here for long holiday weekend. It's a nice pretty campground.

Very quaint. The youngsters had a ball exploring, and found a few bull frogs to race later on..lucky for the frogs they got to race to freedom, lol

THough the kids cried, why did they leave?

I Will be going back again this year, a whole bunch of us are meeting up..we're renting sites next to each other along side the water…

Clean

Spent the 4th of July w my bio-dad here several yrs ago, don’t recall much except there were fireworks that hit several tents, fortunately no one was injured.

Wells State Park

I was very pleasantly surprised by this Park, just tucked away off of Route 49 in Sturbridge. While I didn’t get to explore the entire grounds, I was impressed with how beautiful and shaded the Park was and all the trails it had to offer. Plus, it is practically down the road from Treehouse Brewery, near Sturbridge Village, Hyland Orchard and countless other community amenities.

It is absolutely lovely in the fall, especially on the water at the campers’ beach. Quite calm and scenic. Site 2, right nearby, is a great spot. Fairly large and literally feet away from the beach.

Quite family friendly campground with large RV spaces

Located in the quite cornerbof CT. The RV sites are very large and the owners gonoutbof their way to my you happy.

They recently installed”At Home Quality” WiFi so the whole family can enjoy the weekend.

Huge campground lots of variation in sites

Good for families or couples

perfect beach front camping

This was our first camping trip of the year and we loved being right on the beach. There are no hookups but water is easily acquired and there is a dumping station. We loved being able to hike for hours right from our campsite. While the beach in the campground is very rocky it is a short walk to beautiful public beaches. I cant wait to return to this campsite.

one of my favorite go back to places

We come back to Fishermans twice a year. We love the pull thrus and the full hookups. The campsite is always clean and there is so much to do in the area.

Peaceful and relaxing!

Although this campground is pretty big, it is actually spread out pretty well and very peaceful! The monitor it very well to ensure you have an enjoyable experience. Great for the whole family! I’ve been camping here for over 30 years! I went as a child and now bring my children.

Extremely large and busy campground with nice sites

Large State park near the ocean that was very busy. We stayed on a Sunday night and on a Monday night. On Sunday the whole campground was packed. Monday night was much more calm.

Site was good. Fire pit was made of rocks and was larger than most campgrounds.

Bathrooms were fine… could have been a little cleaner but I think that has to do with the sheer volume of people camping at the time.

The lake front beach is nice. It's small and doesn't get that deep but it was a nice change from the cold ocean water.

If you want to hit the beautiful and nearby East Beach… go early and bring cash. There are limited parking spots and they fill very quickly. We arrived at 9:45am and the lot was full.

Relax in the woods

Just reopened this summer and they did a great job on everything. Nice sites, great playgroung for the kids.

Beautiful and clean

My friend and our kids camped here for a weekend trip to Misquamicut which is a 5-10 minute drive away! We absolutely loved our site which was near the lake where we also swam. It’s a large campground and well maintained. Definitely recommend!

Family oriented

Convenient location, beautiful pond on beautiful cape cod, Ma. My family has gone there for years with neighbors and always enjoyed our stay.

Older but lots to do

The campground is older, and the roads/driveways need work. For those looking for newer facilities, this isn't the place. There are no 50 amp sites. The rec hall and the bath houses are old, but we don't mind the old fashioned spots at times. Reminds me of camping as a kid. There are a lot of activities for the kids and adults. Shuffleboard, bocci ball, fishing, bingo, playground, pit luck dinners, etc. There is wifi available.

There are a lot of seasonal campers which can sometimes feel like you're intruding on their space. There is a page of rules to follow, the seasonals ignore them.

There is no black water hookup, only gray water. You have to have them clean out the black or dump on the way out.