Chepachet, RHODE ISLAND
Most Recent Chepachet Camping Reviews
Great Family Campground

Although the tent sites are a distance from anything, the main areas of the campground are fantastic. With a full calendar of events (some free, some cost $) you will never be bored. Quiet time is quiet time which is great for families.

Always a pleasant day

No entry fee and for the most part all states welcome without sticker fee or hassle. Just pull up and have fun. No camping

One of my favorites

If you want a good visit do not stay down by the lake!!!

No camping sorry folks

Westville doesn’t have camping sorry folks.

Shelter

It doesn’t get much better than camping away from others!!!! Pretty basic shelter.

Tranquil

Have stayed in the ten sites many times as well as hiked on through. It’s very clean and always well kept sites. Amenities are cleaned daily.

Good campground

Stayed here visiting Cape Cod and Boston.

Nice campground, great location

I try to go here every summer with my two preteen grandsons. We tent close to the restroom and the pool, which are very clean. We go mid week and the special is pay 2 nights, get third night free. Devils Hopyard and Gillette Castle are close and Rocky Neck State Park is about a 25 minute ride

Best. Campground. In CT.

Man I love his place. Quiet rv and tent site park. Portopotties scattered about and showers and such near the entrance. Tent sites are nice and isolated, but not scary far apart. Lots of wildlife so keep your food sealed… Nice walking trails and free kayaks as available. I always get site 1, it's in its own area with pretty flat terrain. To reserve, fill out the form on the website and you'll get a confirmation. You can pay at the office when you check in. they'll also bring firewood to your site.the kid that works there is really nice but I always forget his name!

Great Local Campground

Great campsite. I used to come here all the time when I was a kid and was so excited when it opened back up. We were located in the no electric no water area and even though every site was taken, it was surprisingly more private than you'd expect. The comfort stations (indoor bathroom and shower and outdoor sink area) were clean and well maintained and close to all the sites. The sites had both a firepit with a flip grill as well as an upright grill. Both were clean and ready to use when we arrived.  The boys had a blast swimming and kayaking at the pond and there was another comfort station right at the water. Leashed pets are welcome and we brought our pup for his first camping experience and he loved it too.

Nice but not my style

This is glamping campground. It has a pool, game rooms, and everyone is packed in pretty close.

I personally like state parks, lots of room and trees. I didn't feel that at Normandy farms but you might love it

Spaced out sites, electric hook up

Stayed in Section 2 on M Rd which has the the electrical hook ups.  M road is nice because you're backed up to the woods on the odd numbered side.  These sites are also spaced fairly well far apart and private, some more than others - on M13 which stayed, it was at least 50ft on either side.  There are no water hook ups but plenty of water spigots every several sites so easy enough to fill up water jugs.

Drawbacks of M13 in particular is that it was probably the most slopped on the rd but still pretty minimal.  We also found a lot of trash on the site - we poked around other sites on the rd as people came/went and they didn't seem to have this problem.  Seems like we may have just caught M13 at an unlucky time ( we did pick up a lot of the trash around the site that others left behind to help clean it up and makes us not feel we were sitting among trash)

Firewood was $5/bundle so pretty reasonable.  I didn't personally use the bathrooms but other said they seemed new.

Because of the trash issue I would have given 4.5 but so we value private, spaced out sites I leaned on the 5 star side.

Luxury camping

We stayed in a lean to for the Cotopaxi Questival In April. It ended up raining and in the mid 60s the entire time so it was great and kept us dry!

Driving around this place is definitely not a typical campground but more of a luxury camp because of all of the amenities.

That being said it was very nice and felt safe. The only reason I didn’t give it 5 star is because you can hear the highway nearby so it didn’t really feel like a campground. That’s a preference though.

Check out some of our videos from the competition! We found a little skeleton in our lean to so we made a short video, haha!

Great location

Stayed here about two years ago just before then governor closed the state parks due to a fiscal crisis. The sites are very open, not wooded so you have little privacy from adjacent sites. Unfortunately our second night had some noisy obnoxious neighbors and there are no staff on site to monitor noise levels. Despite this the surrounding area is great. We hiked and went fishing nearby. There are few places to purchase goods on the way to the site so stock up before arriving. No water hookups or bathrooms either. If you prepare and know how to effectively car camp with a tent you’ll have a good time.

Simply the best!

The Preserve Club and Residences is a members/owners only community which is New England's most amenity rich properties, in fact it may be the only place in the world that has such a diverse amount of outdoor offerings.  Check it out.

Decent campground

The staff are very friendly and the campground is clean. The just remodeled one of two playgrounds in the camp. There is a lot to do for kids including a pool, jumping pillow, miniature golf and a train ride. There a lot of popular events such as an ice cream social and tie dying. Most weekends have themes. The only issue I have are some of the campers. They were filthy and rude. After the Friday night movie they left all their trash on the ground. The kids were riding their bikes on the bathroom handicap ramp. The kids were screaming at the pool and all over. One got hurt at the pool and an adult with the group told them no more horsing around even though he was the one who started it. It’s right off a major highway so you have noise including sirens. There are many places to visit around the area if you enjoy “doing the tourist thing”. Some tent sites are on the smaller side but most are good size. I’ll be honest, I only go to KOA for my son but I find this is one of the better ones. We were in T9 and T8 but we have also camped in T17 ( my favorite).

Great family campground.

Nice and clean campground with friendly staff. There are Plenty of activities offered like miniature golf, basketball, horseshoes, a game room, and more.

Family fun, very kid friendly

The campground is large with most areas that are in the trees and shade being seasonal.  That being said, we still had a nice site.  The staff is very friendly and responsive.  There are is a lot to do, especially for kids, including a train ride through the campground twice a day.  There is a nice pool, Boce ball, horseshoes, an arcade and mini golf.  They have weekend activities and music and apparently it gets very busy.  We stayed during the week, and it was quiet.  Bathrooms were clean and showers free.

Nice, but...

Pros: Nice campground with big private spots. Nice bathhouse with pay showers. Pretty, man made lake with a beach area for swimming and paddling. Cons: no hook-ups yet it cost $36 for out of state residents plus the fees which put it up to $44. Also only one bathhouse so port-a-potties along the road. Another thing we found was that the park staff here and elsewhere in RI were very lacking in knowledge about basically anything. Overall a nice place but pricey for anyone but RI residents.

Beautiful camping

Very easy to get into Boston by train. Level sites, quiet, and very clean restrooms make this a perfect spot for touring historic Boston, Concord, & Lexington.

Nice little stop over

We were just here for a couple of nights in August. Had everything we needed: 50 amp, water, sewer. It was field-style camping, which I don’t mi d at all. Nice easy in and out of sites, lots of activities on the weekend, and nice area overall.

Quite, family friendly park.

The hosts were very accommodating. We got a nice spot backing up to the river. Very secluded, clean sites. There was not sewer drains, but it’s ok, they have a nice dump station on your way out. The camp store has some fishing gear and tubes, so the kids could float down the river.

Well maintained and clean

Gorgeous campground. It’s red clay instead of sand. I knocked a star because I think the swimming area could be bigger and raked.

Biggest KOA we have ever stayed at!

We wanted to explore the Cape and are members of the KOA rewards program so we chose here to stay. The staff were very nice and helpful. They had a big store and plenty of supplies and souvenirs, from sweatshirts to stickers. We then followed the map to get to our site. As we pulled around the office we saw all kinds of activities for kids. Bouncy "pillow", pool, bounce pad, sluice, miniature golf, and a playground. All the sites we saw had trees for shade. It was a very busy place but everyone seemed happy to be there. As the weekend went on we drove thru the whole campground just to check out the rest. They had many cabins, 2 dumps sites for campers, another huge playground. If I'm ever back in the area I will stay here again!

A very busy park in summer

This state park has a campground and a separate day use area for swimming and picnicking. The campground is family friendly and most of the sites are near the water. If you are looking for privacy and quiet, I recommend the F Loop. The other loops have sites close together and it is generally quite loud during the day. Quiet hours at night are not strictly enforced so you may hear people up and around until midnight or later.

We launched our kayaks from the day use area because the campground boat launch was extremely crowded. From here, we paddled south to the end of the pond and up the Pachaug River, eventually reaching the dam at Pachaug Pond. It's an 8 mile paddle with some tricky spots to navigate, but very pretty! This park also has plenty of trails for hiking and geocaching. The pond has some really big fish, but it's heavily covered with lily pads and there are a lot of submerged trees. If you're going fishing here, a weedless rig is the way to go.

A true RV resort

Family friendly. Staff is nice. Campsites are big and we'll spaced. Bathrooms are best of any campground. Highly recommend.

I Love the out side

Friendly staff, clean bathroom, beautiful State Park to explore!

Great family campground!

The staff is super friendly and very helpful. Nice new pool and kiddie pool. Events for the kids as well as adults. Clean campground with updated bathrooms.

Underrated concert camping

This place is pretty awesome if you’re looking to see a show at the nearby Comcast center. It’s cheap, quiet, and affordable and very close (maybe ten mins or less to the venue) I’ve been staying here for years and love it!