Bowdish Lake is more than just a campground, it is a summertime community of family and friends. Spacious, private campsites provide a relaxing outdoors experience with plenty of activities close-by.
Dishonest Advertising. We booked our site in January 2020. The website clearly states: Sites from$1,600 to$3,500 per season. Which is reasonable but when we got here in May 2020 the same site, we reserved had went from$3,500.00 to$3,900.00. Even to this day(August 12, 2020) it still states that the maximum site charge is$3,600.00 on their website. Nothing stating on their website any of the extra charges I'm about to mention. You're probably wondering why we stayed, well they will not do ANY refunds no matter the reason and since we have full hook-up, we never had to use the restrooms or any other facilities here. Thank God! First:
1. If you have a truck that pulls your 5th wheel or Travel Trailer it's an additional$75.00. Additional Truck$200.00
2. Depending where you look, on their website: no trailers over 35' or on their hand-outs for trailers: for each foot over 35 feet:$50.00/Foot
3. If you have an additional vehicle it's another$125.00
4. Extra Related Adult:$125.00
5. Child in family over age 14:$100.00
6. If you have a pet it's another$50.00 to$100.00 depending on size. But there is no dog park.
7. Golf Cart:$150.00
8. Boat(Canoe, Row, Pedal, Double Kayak)$50.00 for each one
9. Pontoon Boat:$100.00
10. Boat Motor:$3.00 per Horse Power
11. Boat Trailer At Camp:$50.00
12. Dock At Site:$2.00/sq. ft.
13. BLCA Dock Space- single$300.00
14. BLCA Dock Space- pontoon$350.00
15. If you have an outside small refrigerator it's another$50.00
16. If you want cable it's another$100.00
17. If you have guest it's$20.00 per car and$2.50 for each guest
18. Deck:$75.00 open/$150.00 enclosed(An additional$50.00 is due if deck exceeds 199
square feet threshold for building permit.)
19. The Health department should close down the restrooms, see photos and there is
never any hot water. The owner(John) keeps shutting it off to save money.
20. Out of Code electricity. Complaint filed with BBB. Campground goes without power
as electric company seeks upgrades. Broadcasted on NBC 10 News. John(the owner)
does not allow the electric company within the park. He does everything himself and we
are constantly out of power.
21. The biggest rip-off is the electricity charges. Bowdish charges seasonal campers.3496
cents per kWh and.50 cents per kWh for non-seasonal. that means with a 30amp RV
your power bill is around$250.00 per month if you use your A/C. We use propane for the
frig& hot water and it's still around$250.00 during the months of July and August.
Bowdish charges 3 times in National Grid! Even if you don't use any electricity, you're still
charged$40.00 per month.
22. There are some beautiful wooded sites but don't expect to get any waterfront. They
are already taken. Most of the travel trailers are 10 plus years old with make-shift
unfinished, unpainted screen rooms.
23. There is absolutely no beach parking at all. You
must carry your beach equipment to the beach each time no matter how far you are away from the beach.
24. There are no Full Hook-Ups on the waterfront sites! People just dump their brown
and black sewage on their site. Disgusting! There is a mobile pump-out service but you
never see them within the park.
Please Check out these websites to explain more:
This is a nice family campground. We’re at site Red 24 and it’s very secluded and flat. This site is right next to the state park that’s nearby, so it’s fairly quiet. I think we are one of the only tent campers here this weekend, seems like a lot of seasonal camping with RVs. But it appears that most of the sites are very private. I would camp here again!