Charlestown, RHODE ISLAND
Most Recent Charlestown Camping Reviews

One of my all time favorite hikes.

Beautiful family campground w/large grassy sites. On the Natchaug River

This campground is so scenic. Surrounded by the Natchaug forest, and adjacent to the Natchaug River. Great activities for everyone.

Loved it

We had a great time there even though it was chilly when we went (April). The bathroom was clean, and proximity to the beach is amazing. The campsites aren’t so big tho, so you can pretty much hear others around you all the time. But I’d still recommend it. It must be even better in the summer.

One fine trek... and another surprise waiting at the end of the spectrum

All things good must come to an end! You needed to book right at the beginning of the year for these coveted spots, but you can enjoy the beach and set up a BBQ with your campmates. (though nobody does this, I'm not sure why?)

All access to Montauk via taxis and memory motel, pink tuna, and other great bars and restaurants just be quiet when you come back to campsite, as all other residents have gone bye-bye for the night. Just ask my unwanted house guest at 3am. Peace!

Great facilities. Beautiful beach. Sometimes crowded.

Beach can be crowded. But it is worth it. Nice food shack. Great family place.

Small sites. Narrow pathways.

Lots of noise. Sites on top of each other. Long walks to nasty bathrooms.

Beautiful beach. Clean facilities. Family friendly.

We love this place. Beautiful beach. Fishing. Swimming. Crabbing. Camp store. Clean facilities. Large flat sites.

All the amenities. Cabins, tent or RV sites

This campground has showers (pay with quarters for hot water) activities for the kids, pool, arcade, snack bar? Ponds that after a busy weekend seem to be full of dump station over flow because the smell can be a little much at times.

Overall friendly people. They sell propane and firewood.

Too many rules

There are alot of things to do there but so many rules. You cant really have a great time.

If ur able to snatch/reserve near ocean it's 5 *s, sites I95 traffic =3*

Going after Labor day weekend has many perks! Water may be unusually warm. Campground traffic was sparse. Sunrises spellbound glory. 6 Friends came for day visit & were mesmerized by everything!

Organized, Clean, Family Friendly

We stayed here for a few nights when they celebrated Halloween 🎃. It is super easy to get around. They had tons of festive activities. They have an indoor and an outdoor pool. The restrooms are clean. I highly recommend staying here. It was a lot of fun.

Had no idea it was there!

Stayed in October 2018. Tucked away in the woods I never knew this was there! Beautiful pond and a good mix of seasonal and overnight sites as well as cabins. Plenty of areas to walk our dogs and have them swim. Playgrounds, bath houses throughout and fully stocked camp store with anything you could ever need. Organized events, cafe on site and quick drive (or Uber ride) to Mohegan Sun.

Loved it!!!

Deep in the woods. Great variety of activities. Swimming lake, canoeing lake, pool, playgrounds. Choice of shade in trees or open field. Nice sites. Decent laundry and showers. Great place with kids…..lots of seasonal, but plenty short term. We will be back!!!

Family friendly campground. seasonal here for 4 years

Amazing staff and fun activities every weekend.

Very exspensive.Rude staff. Filthy bathrooms

Will never ever go back to this campground! Doesn’t even deserve one star.

Our family stayed here, we loved it. It was clean, pretty, with lots to do

Our family had a great time here for long holiday weekend. It's a nice pretty campground.

Very quaint. The youngsters had a ball exploring, and found a few bull frogs to race later on..lucky for the frogs they got to race to freedom, lol

THough the kids cried, why did they leave?

I Will be going back again this year, a whole bunch of us are meeting up..we're renting sites next to each other along side the water…

Clean

Spent the 4th of July w my bio-dad here several yrs ago, don’t recall much except there were fireworks that hit several tents, fortunately no one was injured.

Quite family friendly campground with large RV spaces

Located in the quite cornerbof CT. The RV sites are very large and the owners gonoutbof their way to my you happy.

They recently installed”At Home Quality” WiFi so the whole family can enjoy the weekend.

Huge campground lots of variation in sites

Good for families or couples

perfect beach front camping

This was our first camping trip of the year and we loved being right on the beach. There are no hookups but water is easily acquired and there is a dumping station. We loved being able to hike for hours right from our campsite. While the beach in the campground is very rocky it is a short walk to beautiful public beaches. I cant wait to return to this campsite.

one of my favorite go back to places

We come back to Fishermans twice a year. We love the pull thrus and the full hookups. The campsite is always clean and there is so much to do in the area.

Wooded camping near the beach

Nice CT state park campground with clean well maintained campsites. Mix of open field and well shaded campsites with reasonable space, some sites have decent privacy, most are pretty open. Good access to shared drinking water, restrooms and dishwashing stations. Most sites are mixed use allowing RVs but no hook ups or dump stations available. Bathrooms/showers are ok but could use better cleaning and upkeep. Rocky Neck state park beach is within walking distance if your ambitious otherwise its a 2min drive from camp. We like it here and return often for the opportunity to camp and enjoy beach time during the summer.

Peaceful and relaxing!

Although this campground is pretty big, it is actually spread out pretty well and very peaceful! The monitor it very well to ensure you have an enjoyable experience. Great for the whole family! I’ve been camping here for over 30 years! I went as a child and now bring my children.

Great place for opening day of trout

Small little campground located in an amazing a beautiful park. Go here every spring for opening day of fishing season and camp the entire weekend.

Extremely large and busy campground with nice sites

Large State park near the ocean that was very busy. We stayed on a Sunday night and on a Monday night. On Sunday the whole campground was packed. Monday night was much more calm.

Site was good. Fire pit was made of rocks and was larger than most campgrounds.

Bathrooms were fine… could have been a little cleaner but I think that has to do with the sheer volume of people camping at the time.

The lake front beach is nice. It's small and doesn't get that deep but it was a nice change from the cold ocean water.

If you want to hit the beautiful and nearby East Beach… go early and bring cash. There are limited parking spots and they fill very quickly. We arrived at 9:45am and the lot was full.

Relax in the woods

Just reopened this summer and they did a great job on everything. Nice sites, great playgroung for the kids.

Beautiful and clean

My friend and our kids camped here for a weekend trip to Misquamicut which is a 5-10 minute drive away! We absolutely loved our site which was near the lake where we also swam. It’s a large campground and well maintained. Definitely recommend!

Very 'populated' with other campers

I am not an overall fan of populated camping sites. This one is acceptable, to me, because of the abundance of trails and wildlife you can venture out to see and my stars are based on that. Not to say the camp site does not deserve 4 stars. It does, there are more than the needed amenities here. Not to mention town is a few minutes away.

I don't have photos of our site, I was mainly interested in photographing our encounters. There is an abundance of the campsite photos on here already. Here you will find, what is around when you look for it.

Our site was nice though, we tried to go to a quiet spot, end of the designated grounds, away from campers in general. Flat, room for the tents. Firepit had a grill top over it. We basically just slept there and were taking trails and enjoying the beachfronts the rest of the trip.

This is a great family camping area. We saw a lot of kids having a blast. Not recommended over a major holiday weekend or anything unless you don't mind crowds. We tried to go on a lazier weekend in August.

We saw a lot of awesome birds, a turtle and deer. My favorite was the Great Horned Owl

Perfect location central in Connecticut

This place is off Route 9 in Connecticut on the east side of the Connecticut River (major RT 9 highway is on west side). You need to cross the river via bridge to Goodspeed Opera house and past to get to the RV campground. Nearby attractions are Gillette Castle and Goodspeed Opera. The campground itself is realy nice. Cable TV at most sites. Only electric 30 or 50A, and water; but there are a few dumpstations around in the camp. Very peaceful. There are activities on Friday and Saturday (like Bingo). Great store with extended hours. The camp staff will help you with anything. Really long or tall RV will need to stay close to the front of the campground, as typical older campground is not designed for 40 foot long or 10 foot high campers.