The best WALK IN camping near
Spring Grove , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Spring Grove Camping Reviews
Every January

Every January for the last few years some friends and I have gone and camped along the Appalachian Trail. It's you can park at Pine Grove State Park and then hike your way into locations or park at other trail heads. Water is easily found and views like Sunset Rocks are simply gorgeous. These trips are what gave me the experience, and confidence, to go from tent camping to tarp camping.

Great loop, site #60

Great place. Lots of trails, clean bathrooms, many activities. Our loop was the best!

Wooded retreat

We stayed in a lovely cabin here while I was in town for work. My husband enjoyed the pool with the kids during the day and when I was there we enjoyed shuffleboard, mini golf and hiking together. The cabin was clean and well maintained and the cabins are at the top of the hill but that made for a beautiful view and we felt like we were away from everyone else. I wasn't as fond of the camper sites they seemed kind of close together but the cabins were amazing.

Nice campground across the street from Hersheypark

This was our first campground with our camper. They had pull through sites which I was looking for. Sites were a bit close where we were but they had other sites that were more spread out. Nice pool and great camp store! Unfortunately we weren’t able to do much with the pandemic if full effect. But may be a campground we head back to once everything is back up and running.

Quiet Family Fun

What a wonderful place! The resort is spacious, scattered throughout the woods. The RV sites are comfortable with all the amenities. And the customer service is impeccable.

We stayed during a few weekdays in October and we almost had the whole place to ourselves. We staying in one of the cabins, which had 2 beds and a bunk bed, sink and toilet, refrigerator, microwave, dining table and sofa. There was also a front porch with picnic table and fire pit.

Honestly, the beds were not very comfortable and way too small for a couple to sleep in one. It was a VERY dark walk to get to the bathhouse for showers. And the fire pit had no grill, so we ended up having to use the stoves of some RV camping friends for meals. Otherwise the stay was great.

I would strongly recommend camping there in the summer months or during weekends in the shoulder season if you have social kids like mine. There were tons of things to do there for adults and kids alike. The activities — such as putt-putt, jump zone and the playground ended up being kinda boring for them without others to share it with. Obviously that would change with crowds. And advance reservations are a must — this place books up fast!

I would highly recommend staying at Merry Meadows, especially if you have an RV and a group of friends to join you!

Beautiful. Period.

While the bathrooms were something out of a horror movie, this park is gorgeous. We had a lovely one night stay here on our way to our destination, and I would come back to this area to explore more.

Very nice

We went for Father’s Day a few years ago. Nice camping experience had a fishing pond sites were level and no problems

Love it here!

We love to stay here anytime of year. We stay down by the river. Electric and water only, but there is a honeypot that will pump out if you stay longer. There is an area you can get in to the river to go tubing. So much fun!

Great stay

Close to Hershey World, nice campground mid week nice and few campers. Nice staff, trash pickup at site, friendly escort. Check-in process very through, be prepared with drivers license and plate number. Site was spacious, clean and trees between sites so you don't feel crowded in. Would recommend.

Quiet, spacious and heavily wooded sites

We stayed at site D72 for 4 days. The sites are quiet, very spacious, level, and heavily wooded with 50A service, water and sewer hookup. D Loop is for RVs, A, B, C& E are tents only. AT&T 5 MB/s w/o booster(1 bar), 8 MB/s with it(2 bars). There is no satellite coverage due to the heavy tree canopy. OTA TV was descent using an external omni antenna. There is no WiFi. There is a very nice network of trails, most if not all were leashed dog friendly.