The best WALK IN camping near
Mount Morris , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Mount Morris Camping Reviews
I would go back

I would go back. Our site was secluded and protected from other sites. We were very close to the state park and all activities there.

Nice quiet park

It's a nice wooded park with asphalt roads. The sites are some what close to each other but the wooded areas between the site give you a level privacy. Our site, as well as a number of others, wasn't particularly level. I parked our trailer halfway in because if I had gone all the way back I would have never gotten level. The bath houses were spotless. There are a number of water fill stations throughout the park and 1 dump station. Do follow others as well as the parks warning about coming in on Chalkhill-Ohioplye Road. Do not follow your GPS blindly. There are number of hike in the area which is why we were there.

Fantastic owners

Terrific owners, super attentive, and personal. They take the time to chat with just about everyone who visits their property. They are relentless on maintenance and have about 60 acres to mow and care for. The store onsite has just about anything you could need for your stay including firewood. The river is fantastic and holds trout and smallmouth for those that like to fish. A popular spot on the weekends and gets busy with all types of travelers from class A super rigs to very modest trailers. Ended up staying 2 weeks as the wifi service is the best we have had on the road. The majority of the site is level and grass. I will be back for the bluegrass festival in August (Pickin in Parsons).

We stayed at the Kentuck Campsite. The sites are close to each other but we had plenty of space at the same time. The hiking trails were beautiful this time of year. Wasn’t a big fan of their restrooms, not very COVID friendly I felt and a bit outdated. That’s the only reason I give it a 4 star.

Great find for anyone

Pull thru sites,full hookups,near I68,Morgantown and Coppers Rock. Activities for the kids and playgrounds. Great views. Minimal Interest noise.

Awesome

Awesome owners,quiet place to relax. Tent site was nice and conveniently located next to the bathhouse

Pretty Area but Campsites are Close Together

- Had a super enjoyable time at Ohiopyle State Park Campground! It was very nicely tree covered and the restrooms were not far apart, but the campsites were quite close and not much separated some from others. There was firewood and ice right outside to buy, so don’t tote any in!!

- No service if you have sprint… in any of the surrounding area!

- Definitely check out the nearby town and waterfalls! The town of Ohiopyle is very cute and has lots to enjoy if strolling through (hippie shops, bakeries, ice cream, and adventure rental outlets). Cucumber Falls was cool, but GO EARLY or it is so crowded it is not as enjoyable. ForSure check out the Meadow Run Trail! Beautiful and wide trail for a more private view of cascading water features. AND natural waterslides!! Amazing experience! Was basically there at the slides alone besides a father and two children and a fisherman. Such a cool experience and hangout spot!

- Firetower lookout was a beautiful sunset and again we were alone to enjoy it!

- Jonathan Run Trail was also AMAZING! Multiply waterfalls, magical feeling forests and ponds. Truly a trail worth hiking!

- I’m including pictures of the exact camping experience we had planned, including coordinates to put into a GPS (if you have sprint def download the surrounding area into your phone before going!) Would recommend the whole plan if you only have a few days to explore the area!

The friendliest campsite☺️

Imagine being greeted by a happy Golden Retriever upon entering your next campsite..need I say more?

The hosts of this camp provide drinking water and warm hospitality. On our second night after taking a HOT shower in one of the lodges we were offered a warm meal and even warmer company from one of the families running the site.

We were pointed in the direction of the gorgeous Valley Falls which is only a few miles from camp. Overall, our hosts were some of the kindest we met in our travels cross country!

Great, spacious, clean campground!

Hickory Hollow's campsites were nicely spaced out, perched on a hillside, but with nice flat pads.  The lake and farm country provided a welcoming and relaxing setting.  The trail around the lake was perfect for running or walking.  A small but convenient off-leash dog area was also a wonderful amenity.  And last but definitely not least, the bathhouse was clean and easy to access.  Would definitely stay here again.

Quit and very Covid specious

My parents took me and my sister to Audra every summer and wks at a time and camping in a tent,it was the best memories i have as a child and yes im now 42,fulltime grandma of 4yr old axel w austism, i have worked m.j y butt off w him 2yrs straight to get his fits calmed down..yes he has had 1since last oct and that is because i figured out what was triggering them but so proud of him..i him..I wanted to take grandson sonewhere where ppl are friendly and say hi to axel where felt cummy and not get upset and hide…my neice  ended uo going last mth,she invited us up to test axel out because this b a huge thing for him to do..oh my Aurda was still beautiful, clean, ppl so nice,there was no camp site available so we stayed till 7pm and went home..def a place to take kids w disabilities, ppl understand, do not stare and its alot of fun for kids,quit,gorgeous place to camp..wish they had a site open and it be kool to win a few days of camping..