Mount Morris , PENNSYLVANIA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Mount Morris Camping Reviews
Fall Camping in North Central West Virginia

The McCollum Campground at Coopers Rock State Forest is a great place to stay. The sites are nicely spaced apart, the camp staff is helpful, and the showers are very clean. The camp Wi-Fi isn't the best but we did have cell service with Consumer Cellular (AT&T Towers) and were able to work while we camped. The campground is only a short drive to the scenic overlook but if you're feeling adventurous you can take a hike. There is a playground for the kids and plenty of room for them to play. My only complaint is the firewood available to purchase. It's a small bundle for the price.

I would go back

I would go back. Our site was secluded and protected from other sites. We were very close to the state park and all activities there.

Nice quiet park

It's a nice wooded park with asphalt roads. The sites are some what close to each other but the wooded areas between the site give you a level privacy. Our site, as well as a number of others, wasn't particularly level. I parked our trailer halfway in because if I had gone all the way back I would have never gotten level. The bath houses were spotless. There are a number of water fill stations throughout the park and 1 dump station. Do follow others as well as the parks warning about coming in on Chalkhill-Ohioplye Road. Do not follow your GPS blindly. There are number of hike in the area which is why we were there.

Great campground

Big spaces to camp, private and spacious

Fantastic owners

Terrific owners, super attentive, and personal. They take the time to chat with just about everyone who visits their property. They are relentless on maintenance and have about 60 acres to mow and care for. The store onsite has just about anything you could need for your stay including firewood. The river is fantastic and holds trout and smallmouth for those that like to fish. A popular spot on the weekends and gets busy with all types of travelers from class A super rigs to very modest trailers. Ended up staying 2 weeks as the wifi service is the best we have had on the road. The majority of the site is level and grass. I will be back for the bluegrass festival in August (Pickin in Parsons).

We stayed at the Kentuck Campsite. The sites are close to each other but we had plenty of space at the same time. The hiking trails were beautiful this time of year. Wasn’t a big fan of their restrooms, not very COVID friendly I felt and a bit outdated. That’s the only reason I give it a 4 star.

Awesome

Awesome owners,quiet place to relax. Tent site was nice and conveniently located next to the bathhouse

Pretty Area but Campsites are Close Together

- Had a super enjoyable time at Ohiopyle State Park Campground! It was very nicely tree covered and the restrooms were not far apart, but the campsites were quite close and not much separated some from others. There was firewood and ice right outside to buy, so don’t tote any in!!

- No service if you have sprint… in any of the surrounding area!

- Definitely check out the nearby town and waterfalls! The town of Ohiopyle is very cute and has lots to enjoy if strolling through (hippie shops, bakeries, ice cream, and adventure rental outlets). Cucumber Falls was cool, but GO EARLY or it is so crowded it is not as enjoyable. ForSure check out the Meadow Run Trail! Beautiful and wide trail for a more private view of cascading water features. AND natural waterslides!! Amazing experience! Was basically there at the slides alone besides a father and two children and a fisherman. Such a cool experience and hangout spot!

- Firetower lookout was a beautiful sunset and again we were alone to enjoy it!

- Jonathan Run Trail was also AMAZING! Multiply waterfalls, magical feeling forests and ponds. Truly a trail worth hiking!

- I’m including pictures of the exact camping experience we had planned, including coordinates to put into a GPS (if you have sprint def download the surrounding area into your phone before going!) Would recommend the whole plan if you only have a few days to explore the area!

Great for families

I gave it a 5 star for many reasons. First the campground is clean and made us feel like we were in a forest not just a campground. Secondly, the tent sites were completely level with no need to worry about rolling down a hill in my sleep, I slept great. Thirdly, the campground was so close to the nature that we wanted to see. We went to see the falls and they were within walking distance from our campsite. Overall, it was an awesome place to camp. The grounds had paths everywhere and were well kept. I didn’t feel like I was walking in the dirt or through someone’s campsite to get to the bathroom or the playground for the kids. It was our first camping here and in Maryland for that matter, and we would love to go back.

No, but thanks

This is a smallish campground and there is nothing at all nice about it except for its proximity to Ohiopyle and surrounding area. Unfortunately the lake was dried up- which the folx at the reservations site warned us about - so the campground was pretty meh without that. Of all the campgrounds we’ve been to, people here were the least friendly outside of 1-2 people. This is typical mountain folk with beer bellies trying to out-man themselves sort of place. My guess is that most of them live within a 30 mile radius and have never been anywhere else in the world. Lots of cigarette smoke and my boat is bigger than your boat sort of element here. 🙄🙄🙄. And it’s a fairly small campground but loads of folx have golf carts. And they use them at all hours of the night. At least 3 drove past our site between 4:30 and 6:00 am so every time you fell back to sleep from them driving by another one would come. Presumably to fish in a lake with little water. There are way more attractive and friendly places in this area. If you appreciate all the Laurel Mountains have to offer (e.g., hiking, rafting, biking, natural living) and don’t want to deal with sub average sites, you should look for another spot.