The best GROUP camping near
Media , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Media Camping Reviews
Beautiful. Period.

While the bathrooms were something out of a horror movie, this park is gorgeous. We had a lovely one night stay here on our way to our destination, and I would come back to this area to explore more.

Want to camp in an amusement park?

This place has staff that doesn’t seem interested in renting spaces or assisting customers. Much has closed because of COVID-19, and apparently this camp ground is subsidized. It is chocked full of gnomes and other overly cute plywood cutouts. Surprised they don’t just go ahead and add a tilt-a-whirl!

Solid family and friends campsites

The individual campsites are decent for a light camping experience. The hiking trails are great. The rivers for kayaking a real nice. Would recommend. Only warning is unless you rent 2-3 campsites you will be close to other campers as the campsites are in groups of three right next to eachother.

Owned by liberals that are just mean

I’ve never written a bad review but this place needs to be aired out for how they treat people.

I called this campground several days in advance and talked to someone on the phone and asked if I needed to make a reservation for Friday. I was 38’ and needed 50amps and a sewer dump. The nice lady on the phone said we should have plenty of spaces. I don’t like to make the reservation if I do not have to just Incase we don’t make it as far as we had planned.

Upon arrival I walk into the check in front desk area and the lady working behind the counter quickly states “you can’t be in here without a mask on”. I ask her if she has one because I do not. (I suppose I should have kept some with me but the reason for this trip was to deliver my Motorhome to the new owner and we packed super light to not have a ton of baggage to fly home). She did huff and walk over and give me one from a large pile the had at the desk. Then I told her I needed a spot for the night 50 amps with a clean out. She goes over to the reservation pile and asks what my last name is. I told her I had not made a reservation but I had called a few days ago and the lady on the phone said there should be no problems and will be vacancy. This irritated her for whatever reason. She told me well we only have 30 amp with no sewer. I just figured that they had an unexpected rush of people and it was my fault for not getting a reservation. I told her okay I’ll take it but do they have a 30amp to 50 amp cord I could rent? She quickly snapped and said I have to purchase it. I said I would hold off as maybe the fella that was buying my motor home May have one from his last rig. No big deal. She gave us a map of the park and showed us where to park.

So the directions she gave us to the spot was wrong to start off with but hey mistakes happen. So we get parked in our spot and notice the park has quite a few open spots. I walked over to the row right behind us and there were 10 open spots in a row that had 50 amp service and clean outs. Well we then went back up front because the new owner didn’t have a 30 to 50 amp adapter and asked if they were sure there wasn’t any open spots that had 50 amps because I had seen plenty of open ones. She just snapped at me no. I told her I would take the 30 amp to 50 amp cord because my Motorhome was setup for 50 amp. She went to the shelf and handed it to me and charged me $25. I didn’t even look at it to make sure it was the right one and headed back to the campsite. Well it was the wrong way. It was 50amp to 30amp. (Because most of their sites seem to be 50 amp 😂). On the way back up I checked a couple of other empty sites and as you would think they were ALL 50 amp. When I went back into the front office I told her that I needed the other adapter that this one was wrong I also didn’t have my mask as it fell in the dirt and I was over the antics. At this point another fella was in there that I think was her husband (she had also told me earlier she was the owner) she mumbled “he doesn’t even know what he needs”. I quickly said. Well you gave me the wrong one. And I again I asked about ALL the other 50 amp sites that were open. The guy at this point said with a raised voice “we are completely booked”. I just left.

This place has the worst service and the worst staff ever. I wouldn’t camp here if I were paid to.

I have enclosed a photo of the row behind us that all had 50 amp service with clean outs. Nobody ever showed in the 15-20 spots I just quickly looked at. This place is a joke and owned by your typical liberal haters.

Avoid this place

The river is amazing

Great place to creek hike, nice for horses, we did get a lot of ticks, but not deer ticks, thankfully.

This place is amazing! Horses and hills

I had the best time here hiking up and down the mini mountains. The water was clear and beautiful and I absolutely loved it.

Somewhat quiet, clean and friendly

Staff is very friendly. Bathhouse is clean but ran out of toilet paper often; they supposedly clean 3 times a day since COVID but we didn’t see that happening on a regular schedule while we were there.

We loved that our site had a path directly to the bathhouse. This meant there wasn’t any foot traffic from people wanting to shower or use the restrooms. Easy access to the utility sink for dishes, too!

There seemed to be a lot of campers in the surrounding lots and still, everyone was quiet between the quiet hours.

Our specific site was supposed to have a tent pad but there wasnt a spot cleared for our tent and we had to move the heavy picnic table so we weren’t putting up our tent on top of the fire ring. We also had to use a paper plate to rake as many rocks and gravel from the site so we could put up our tent without ripping it.

We bought their firewood for $5/crate and it was really wet. It was challenging to get a fire going, which was frustrating. Ended up not being able to have a fire the last morning there and gave away our leftover firewood.

Probably my biggest complaint is that several times, the park maintenance truck drove down the loop where we camped. Our kids are running around and playing and the only vehicle that sped past every time was the park crew vehicle. All other vehicles (belonging to visitors) were respectful and drove slowly. It surprises me that with families camping here, they wouldn’t be more cautious.

All in all: for our first time camping here, it was a decent experience. I don’t know that we’d go there again, but it was a fun one-and-done trip.

Great little campground

Fantastic weekend with family. Large campsites at the Lake Loop. Map is a little deceiving- the sites are farther from the lake than I expected and there are no running water bathrooms. Very clean and wooded sites. Walking/hiking trails and the lake were super peaceful.

Tohickon

It’s close to state park and the Ringing Rocks. We enjoyed our stay.

Very Busy, But HUGE amount of trails!

We camped here this weekend, working on some Scouting requirements. Had a great time! The only downsides: (1) the grass was quite tall in the Organized Group Camp sites (above-ankle grass + scouts in and out of tents after the dew falls = wet feet!); (2) It was fine for us this specific time, but if more/all the Organized Group Campsite spots were being used, there would not have been anywhere near enough toilets (unless the boys just all use the woods).  Other than that, was a great time! Parking is just by the Organized Camp sites; there really are toilets, even if only one, non-flush toilet per 5 organized group sites; SO many great trails, etc. The regular campsites were FULLY filled with people too, even after Labor Day! :-)

We also took the Guided Mushroom Hike, and it was great! Around 3-4 miles in 4 hours, with a LOT of observation and collection! Photos included in my comment. Also a great treat for all was that in addition to the great Ranger leading the tour, there were also two members of the Philly Mycology Club on the hike too! So between the three of them, this was an informative group! And VERY patient with my kids who asked probably around a thousand questions.

All in all, a GREAT time!