East Lansdowne , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent East Lansdowne Camping Reviews
Owned by liberals that are just mean

I’ve never written a bad review but this place needs to be aired out for how they treat people.

I called this campground several days in advance and talked to someone on the phone and asked if I needed to make a reservation for Friday. I was 38’ and needed 50amps and a sewer dump. The nice lady on the phone said we should have plenty of spaces. I don’t like to make the reservation if I do not have to just Incase we don’t make it as far as we had planned.

Upon arrival I walk into the check in front desk area and the lady working behind the counter quickly states “you can’t be in here without a mask on”. I ask her if she has one because I do not. (I suppose I should have kept some with me but the reason for this trip was to deliver my Motorhome to the new owner and we packed super light to not have a ton of baggage to fly home). She did huff and walk over and give me one from a large pile the had at the desk. Then I told her I needed a spot for the night 50 amps with a clean out. She goes over to the reservation pile and asks what my last name is. I told her I had not made a reservation but I had called a few days ago and the lady on the phone said there should be no problems and will be vacancy. This irritated her for whatever reason. She told me well we only have 30 amp with no sewer. I just figured that they had an unexpected rush of people and it was my fault for not getting a reservation. I told her okay I’ll take it but do they have a 30amp to 50 amp cord I could rent? She quickly snapped and said I have to purchase it. I said I would hold off as maybe the fella that was buying my motor home May have one from his last rig. No big deal. She gave us a map of the park and showed us where to park.

So the directions she gave us to the spot was wrong to start off with but hey mistakes happen. So we get parked in our spot and notice the park has quite a few open spots. I walked over to the row right behind us and there were 10 open spots in a row that had 50 amp service and clean outs. Well we then went back up front because the new owner didn’t have a 30 to 50 amp adapter and asked if they were sure there wasn’t any open spots that had 50 amps because I had seen plenty of open ones. She just snapped at me no. I told her I would take the 30 amp to 50 amp cord because my Motorhome was setup for 50 amp. She went to the shelf and handed it to me and charged me $25. I didn’t even look at it to make sure it was the right one and headed back to the campsite. Well it was the wrong way. It was 50amp to 30amp. (Because most of their sites seem to be 50 amp 😂). On the way back up I checked a couple of other empty sites and as you would think they were ALL 50 amp. When I went back into the front office I told her that I needed the other adapter that this one was wrong I also didn’t have my mask as it fell in the dirt and I was over the antics. At this point another fella was in there that I think was her husband (she had also told me earlier she was the owner) she mumbled “he doesn’t even know what he needs”. I quickly said. Well you gave me the wrong one. And I again I asked about ALL the other 50 amp sites that were open. The guy at this point said with a raised voice “we are completely booked”. I just left.

This place has the worst service and the worst staff ever. I wouldn’t camp here if I were paid to.

I have enclosed a photo of the row behind us that all had 50 amp service with clean outs. Nobody ever showed in the 15-20 spots I just quickly looked at. This place is a joke and owned by your typical liberal haters.

Avoid this place

This place is amazing! Horses and hills

I had the best time here hiking up and down the mini mountains. The water was clear and beautiful and I absolutely loved it.

Great little campground

Fantastic weekend with family. Large campsites at the Lake Loop. Map is a little deceiving- the sites are farther from the lake than I expected and there are no running water bathrooms. Very clean and wooded sites. Walking/hiking trails and the lake were super peaceful.

Tohickon

It’s close to state park and the Ringing Rocks. We enjoyed our stay.

Great place for scenery and water sports

Enjoy great scenery and water sports too at this quiet and peaceful state park

Will not be returning

Positive notes: Bathrooms are really nice and has a dish cleaning station.

COVID camping

The campground is fine. Bathrooms seemed as clean as a state park during a global pandemic can get… my frustration came with the noise level and the site I booked. Sites 14, 16, 59, and 57 (I think) all share a common area. It lacked privacy and our inconsiderate neighbors partied alllllll niggghhtttt llooonngggg as well as many other people in the South campground. After 10pm, the music volume was high and campers were LOUD. I was smart enough to bring earplugs. It's buggy… to be expected but the general vibe here was not my thing. People here just wanted to get sloshed and loud. I wanted a place to crash after hiking and going to the beach all day. 🤣 Mostly my mistake for picking the site I did from lack of familiarity of this campground. Probably will not be back, unless during the week and a more secluded site.

Great Campground, huge sites!

At arrival we went straight our site,68. Large paved pad and huge grassy area around it. Trees around but none directly on the lot keeping us shaded and exposed and different times of the day. Very quiet. Fishing dock, and walking path. Across the pond is boat rentals and a zip lining. Great area. Def adding this to the list of places to return!!

Great weekend!

We had a great time. Enjoyed a nice long weekend out of the city. Clean amenities. Will be coming back!

Peace and quiet nestled in farm land

If you are looking for peace and quiet then look no further! Hidden Acres Family Campground is the place you want to go. This wonderful campground is nestled in the farm land of Coatesville, Pa. There is a little something for everyone here and it is very reasonably priced and is equal to most sites we stay at…maybe even a little cheaper. It was $52 a night for water, sewer and electric. Amenities include camp store with slushies, ice cream and firewood, full size basketball and volleyball courts, game room, pool, laundromat, pavilions, freshwater catch and release pond for sunnies and bass and nearby parks and walking trails as well. If you hang a left out of the campground on your bicycle there is a development right across the street that makes a nice loop or if you take the second left onto Highpoint Lane, it will loop right around and take you right back out the way you came. It makes a nice loop if traveling with kids if the campground doesn't do it for you. There are two playgrounds, the larger one featuring one of the world's longest original steel sliding boards! There are also different terrain to choose from for your site. There are grassy, wooded areas with electric and water and would make nice tents sites as well or larger gravel sites with full hook ups. The seasonal sites seem to have the best spots which in a campground is usually the case. We were in the lower lot site 7 and it was rather large. It was right at a drop off of a good 30-40 feet which was a little stressful with a 3 year old but she listened and stayed away luckily. We definitely had to keep an extra eye out all weekend.

The best part of the weekend was that we were celebrating out daughter's third birthday and the theme for the weekend was Christmas in July. They had Santa Claus visit and read the kids a story. They had their picture taken with a new Polaroid camera so it popped out a little photo and we were able to choose either a magnet or shelf picture frame. They even had little winter themed stickers to go over the photo as a border. They also had games and crafts for the kids. They also gave them so much candy and snacks and the most beautiful Christmas cookies. It was only $2 per child and they made out like bandits.

The peace and quiet was exactly what we needed. Since we were near the pond once dusk came you could hear the frogs which was really cool. Other then that there was no traffic or any exterior noise pollution other then the noises from the campground. The staff was very friendly and helpful during the whole reservation process and checking in. We absolutely loved staying here and will definitely stay here again.