Warm Springs, OREGON

Camping Oregon Warm Springs

Most Recent Warm Springs Camping Reviews
Amazing RV park!

Extremely nice staff, well kept and spacious sites. Stunning views from most sites (C and B groups are the best views). D is best for shade and A is down on the water.

Don’t bring your bike unless you’re in C group, it’s the only flat paved road. The rest of them are gravel or damn near vertical 😂

Fishing looks like it would be amazing but we visited during the Covid lockdown. (They weren’t issuing tribal fishing licenses.

Busy lake but great camping

Stunning view of the mountain backdrop- crystal clear waters-access to a small shop and water activity rentals which is fun. There is a resort , and cabins as well as tent camping which I prefer. The lake itself is “busy”with families and kids during the day but nice clean camping otherwise -some might even call it glamping but it’s worth it for the view and having access to the activities the next morning.

Beautiful place to wake up

Only stayed one night ..The drive was intense in a Honda but I made it…followed someone in…otherwise not sure if I could find it with no service. The spot was peaceful , cleanish toilets and there was a fire ban at the time so we had to bring our own fire pit which was tricky and also called for a lot more bugs . Oh yeah bugs- MOSQUITOES and all the other goodies you find high up in the tops of mountain lakes. But a great find none the less would go again and stay longer since it’s such a drive up.

Closed during COVID

Website says limited opening June 9, 2020

What a mistake

I used the get directions button. Followed the map.

First off the reviews said phone service there. How? Cell reception drops before even getting to the Forest Road.

To say the road is a little rough is a HUGE understatement. The closer I got to this lake the worse the road got. It went from a decent graveled two lane road to a one lane road, then a dirt road with potholes, to a very narrow dirt track. There was winter storm damage everywhere. Many trees had fallen across the road but the road had been cleared. Still some of the tree branches would rub the side of my car. I would have turned around but there was simply no place to do that. I moved forward hoping to find some way to turn around. Then the road had a large area that was just mud. On the right the land rapidly rose and on the left the land sloped rapidly down into a ravine. Going as slow as possible through the mud I felt the car start to slide towards the ravine. My years of driving prevented the slide down into the ravine. Push on looking for any turn place to turn around. The road became worse and the fallen trees become more abundant. Branches brushing the car almost constant. One of the fallen trees must have been precariously balanced because I heard the scrape on the side of the car and suddenly there was a tree trunk smashing through my windshield. Had there been a passenger in my car they would have died. I did manage to find enough room to turn around a bit farther down the road. After what was a very painful 20 point turn around I made my way out of the nightmare experience and limped back to civilization.

Beautiful!

This campground gets really crowded from the day use/dam side of the lake. Great for tent camping/swimming. The lake actually gets pretty warm starting in August.

Awesome Deschutes riverside primitive+ campground.

Great small campground along the Deschutes river. Gentle flows in this area make it the perfect spot for floating the river. Very large sites with rock fire rings. Spaces are large with plenty of room for RV, campers, trailers and tents. One toilet facility. Cell and Wi-fi reception is very good. Quick 20 minute drive to Sunriver for supplies. Nice tree coverage and flat tent spots. Sites are spread-out nicely. Fisherman's trail for hiking up and down the Deschutes. Plenty of birds and wildlife in the area. Overall, a very nice relatively secluded campground for a great stay on the Upper Deschutes river about 3 Miles below Wikiup dam.

Love the site

Not sure of the number, think it was 1 or 2. We got the first site at the entrance. I enjoyed the spot since it was more secluded. Others were surrounded by multiple sites without many trees. We had river access from our site. There is also a little trail at one end of the campsite which was nice.

Scenic and Quiet RV campground w/ Full Amenities

FEATURES:

-RV's back up against the canyon rim and have a beautiful backdrop.

-RV sites are full hook up and come with a picnic table.

-Tent sites surround a nice green space with a covered gazebo patio.

-There's a nice walking trail (Matt's Trail) that takes you around the campground along the canyon edge (level: easy). There's also a BLM trail (Crooked River Trail) you can access from the campground that takes you down to the water (level: moderate to hard).

-There's a well-built overlook patio to sit on and enjoy the view.

CONS:

-no wood or charcoal fires. Only propane grills.

-Weak wifi. Couldn't even grab it with our extender.

_______________________________________

Great stay. Very quiet at night due to it being off the road. Being by the canyon is peaceful and scenic. The Terrebonne area provides a ton of hiking activities. Smith Rock State Park is just down the road.

Solid Little Campground

Stayed here on our first night around the broken top loop.  Clean Pit Toilets, and was clean and quiet.