Jennings Lodge, OREGON

Camping Oregon Jennings Lodge

Most Recent Jennings Lodge Camping Reviews
So Incredible!

I have stayed there twice now. I love it so much! Both times we have snowshoed in and even thou the conditions weren’t perfect, we had a Blast!

Wonderful

We went during the week because the weekends are too insanely busy. Loved our walk-in camp spot, had a fabulous time. Our site had easy access to the lake. Vault toilets were very clean. Good hikes nearby. Lots of people enjoying the lake.

It was okay.

I just couldn’t get over hearing the semi trucks on 26. But… There’s a nice view of Hood on the south side of the lake. Vault toilets. It was July, bugs were not bad. There were a tons of baby frogs everywhere on the northside of the lake, it was crazy to see. Good hiking nearby.

It was okay.

I just couldn’t get over hearing the semi trucks on 26 from our campsite. But… We had a nice spot. We felt safe. Vault toilets only. It was July, bugs were not bad. There were a tons of baby frogs everywhere on the northside of the lake, it was crazy to see. Good hiking nearby.

It’s very peaceful and lovely

I wouldn’t say its a”campground” since it’s dispersed camping but that’s what I prefer. Good spots to set up camp. Be prepared it can get quite chilly overnight.

Nice Size Spaces For Larger Groups Wanting To Explore

This campground is a very nice one to check out when adventuring in the lower portion of Washington.    Much like its single site counterpart the options offered at this campsite are well thought and well placed.    I noticed that the campground itself was very well maintained and offered many features including water spigots in common areas, clear walking paths to facilities and ample parking for the campers.

Each site was equipped with standard features including fire rings and picnic tables.  But the real advantage to this location in particular is its proximity to some of the more lengthy trails in the park.

Initially I was a bit confused as to where the camp was, my cell signal was weak and I could not seem to find the campground until I finally gave up and just decided to go on a hike first.    In doing so I was able to navigate to higher ground closer to the Beacon Rock and from there I pulled up a map to locate.    My suggestion is with AT&T to have an offline map loaded when traveling to this area.    While some areas do feature great signal others are more spotty like this one.

The campground was filled with campers and I spoke to a ranger when visiting who mentioned that group sites typically book in advance on weekends but can be more easily picked up on the fly during weekdays from Monday to Thursday with Tuesdays and Wednesdays being the optimum day for last minute travelers to the area.

Sites here can be a bit costly depending on the group size, but the additional offering the camp provides is the ability to rent all sites for those needing a large group. This must be done well in advance but can offer many benefits for larger groups. Much like other state facilities in Washington you will need to display your Discover Pass on each vehicle parked on property. One pass does not cover multiple cars upon a single use.

No-frills RV Park with Lots of Long-Timers

No frills RV-only park near Troutdale. Many RV pads are cracked and uneven. Location is right next door to a saloon and also has frequent police visits.

Weekly and monthly rates available. Daily rate not too expensive. Many if not most of the residents are long-timers.

Bathrooms, laundry facilities on-site. Not overly impressed, but in need of a spot at the mouth of the Gorge, you could do worse.

State Park in the Gorge near road

Ainsworth State Park is a gorgeous state park in the heart of the Gorge with great hikes and views of the Columbia river, all not far from Portland. The campsites, however, are located right next to the History Columbia River Highway, making for loud camping experience, though you are near all the great park activities. And when I say close, I mean you can see the highway from your tent.

Its location near Portland makes it very popular, and it is often full. Restrooms and showers available.

Very nice campground

There is not a sign stating the name of the campground but I have to assume that it is Little Fan Creek. There is one picnic table and multiple fire pits the nicest of the fire pits is next to the site with the picnic table. It looks like someone took a lot of time making it. There is a bathroom but it is not currently serviced. This is a walk in campground. When I arrived there was a lot of paper trash around the site, but I cleaned it up. It was very peaceful with no one else camping there.

The Best

The best in Salem, very clean.