The best BOAT IN camping near
McCurtain , OKLAHOMA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent McCurtain Camping Reviews
Unhelpful, must have a reservation

Be aware, you will not be allowed into the park without a prior reservation. My husband and I came late into the area and needed a place to sleep. The website did not say that reservations were REQUIRED, just that they were available. The attendant would not let me make a quick reservation on my phone, even when I mentioned that it looked like plenty of spots were available. She said “oh yes, I’ve got lots of spaces.” She kicked us out. I will not be going back.

Quaint little park

We stayed the week before the park officially opened, and found it to be a great little COE park. Right on the water.

Gorgeous

I would have given this a 5 plus star review, however, when we booked it they failed to tell us the bathrooms and showers had been locked for the season! Would have been good information to know considering we were in a pop up. Lots of peeing in the woods and driving to town to 💩. All that aside, gorgeous view! Loved being able to walk to the rocky beach and fish! Quiet and beautiful. We had a great time!

Camping in the Fall

Nice campground, clean and at this time of the year and/or due to COVID, no one camping but us! Campsites are close together. Our visit was a day trip to scout out sites for future visits, and we parked in site 52 of the Chickasaw loop. A few day users came mid afternoon, and several boats were out trolling and fishing. Reservations made online. The reservation website said 5:00 p.m. check in, but we got in around 10:00 a.m. Campground closes December 8 and reopens March 31.

Great place to stay

Stayed 2 nights in A Loop. 30 Amp hook upwithsome of the best water I have ever had. Only 35 ppm on my zero water tester. Bottled water has had more than 75 ppm. Looking forward to coming back again.

Beautiful area, facilities could use some updating

There are several campgrounds to choose from. We chose the Deep Fork campground because it offered several spots along the Fourche Maline River. Great fall views and perfect autumn weather. There was only one other overnight guest, although there were a few fisherman during the day.

We didn't use the restroom facilities, but they looked like they had seen better days. Fire rings and grills were okay. Concrete picnic tables.

Lots of hiking options throughout the state park. We saw some incredible views on the Robbers Cave trail. It was poorly marked, but even if you wander off the trail you will be okay. If you go too far you hit a dirt road the loops around the back of the trail and you'll know to circle back to the trail area.

The main camping area near Whispering Pines had a park office and a small grocery store. Not a huge selection, but you will find the essentials.

Cell service was spotty throughout. One spot you wouldn't have service and 30 feet further you'd have decent LTE (Verizon).

I would definitely visit again. The lake appeared to have some summer activities available, including a pool. But the autumn views and weather will be my choice time to visit.

Beautiful setting

Whispering Pines Campground is where we stayed within the state park. It was a beautiful and peaceful setting within the trees. The roads were paved so easy to push wheelchair around. Nice trails but not wheelchair friendly. There is a nice lodge that people can rent rooms and a nice meeting place overlooking the valley. We camped in the summer but fall camping would be beautiful with all the changing colors.

There are actives going on around the area you. An participate in so kids would love it.

https://www.travelok.com for reservations

Gorgeous fall camping trip to Brooken

We stayed here for only one night but will definitely be back. Nice campsites with room between sites. Most sites have lake views and there is alit of access to the lake

Awesome

Love the area, really feels like youve left fort smith and entered a little bit of utopia!

Lake was a Blast

We had our kids from VIrginia meet up with us at Tenkiller State Park this summer. Each of my daughters families stayed in the Courtyard Cottage which is like a vintage motel. It was located in the trees which was nice but they were disappointed in the room itself.

We stayed in a pull through site with our RV. My sister and her husband were next to us and her daughter and husband next to them. We had space to play outdoor games and had a lot of fun.

The highlight tho was renting a pontoon boat at Pine Cove Marina and spending the afternoon playing in the lake. The marina staff was very accommodating for our special needs son. They assisted us in getting his wheelchair on the boat and he loved it. We brought our inner tube and spent the day splashing around, swimming and having lunch on the lake.

The pontoon was a welcome treat. We booked this campground because of the amazing pool area for kids. It had a way to wheel the wheelchair into the pool and great activities for the kids. The only issue was no one was ever there to open the pool. We were there 4 days and on the day before we left, a Saturday, someone came to let us in at 4. That was disappointing. This campground was good but it could be amazing if it had better management.