Camping in The Villages At Winchester

497 Reviews of 47 The Villages At Winchester, Ohio Campgrounds

A
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2021

AWFUL PLACE TO STAY

My family stayed at the Cedar cabin over Labor Day weekend (September 2021). We were very excited to stay, play all the games offered, and have a relaxing weekend. Our experience was anything, but that. The cabin smelled so bad that we could hardly stay inside. It smelled like a mix between musty,…

SiteCedar Cabin
G

Great Ohio State Park Campground

Amazing trails walkable right from the campground. Old mans cave, upper & lower falls. Bathroom was clean. Showers were ok. My site 108 was not deep, but was wide. Great for my 5X9 travel trailer, but probably not good for a big rig. Shaded & right near the shower house was a plus.

E

Near Trails

We enjoyed a full hookup site. The pots aren’t very spacious but there’s lots of trees nearby and an easy walk to get to Old Mans Cave. We enjoyed swimming in the pool. There’s outhouses with no running water but also a relatively new bath house with nice showers and toilets.

E
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2021

Some spots better than others

Spots in the outsides of the loops are more spacious. We looked forward to the “beach” but it was very small and covered in algae. The lake was more like a large pond. There’s no running water so toilets were basically out houses. Lots of trails but they weren’t very exciting.

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Weird

Between the permanent residents being annoyed with the overnighters and the Jerry Springer style break up that happened. This place was weird. I do not recommend.

Ray G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2021

Not Taking Tent Campers

Called abd they said they are not taking tent campers at this time.

Sitenone
KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

Wolfie's is awesome

Great campground. Beautifully kept up, was looking forward to the saltwater pool, however, was shut down for the season. If we come this way again will definitely stay again.

D
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Horrible but cheap

This place is terrible, no kitchen, market with stable operating hours, all restrooms locations need updated its not 1970's anymore, guard shack nasty with cats hanging around, showers dirty, poo left in toilets, food trucks expensive, staff not professional, front row trailers looks like sanford…

Nicole D.
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Location!

We visited during the off season, November. It was fairly empty, which was nice. The biggest, and really only complaint, is that the sites were pretty un-level for being paved. The bathhouse was very nice... and I think the floors may have been heated?

We stayed at a full hookup site,…

Month of VisitDecember
Eli S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Something for everyone! Amazing Campgrounds

Very large campgrounds with a large number of sites! If you're looking to stay off the grid, I stayed in M62, the woods directly behind me, no cell service. From what I've see, section JJ has the best cell service, sections N, P, and O overlook or are near overlooking the quarry, H is nearest to…

• Quarry view via the trail
  • M62 Woods
  • Campgrounds area
SiteM62
Dave P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Excellent Service

This is a very nice campground with many amenities. Staff is very friendly and helpful. The park is monitored and patrolled. Will definitely be coming back.

mThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2021

Tiny and close

This campground wasn’t level and the spots are so tiny I should have stayed at the KOA across the street for larger spots. That’s how small these are here. Our spot is on an incline. Full hookups are nice but dog poop galore. The pet owners here (not all of them) just let there dogs go anywhere…

mThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Clean and organized well

Plenty of site space, staff is very friendly and welcoming. No problem parking 40’ fifth wheel. Atmosphere is friendly and other campers wave when you see them.

SiteB16
Lupita H.
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Happy camper

The campground was very rustic. Everything you want to see is nearby. I was their 2020 in August. The water was not drinkable. They have a gem 💎 but need to upgrade.

Site25 out in the open.
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2021

Peaceful

A very well maintained camp. It’s quiet sitting on top of a hill. Laundry and clean showers. Includes a pool, cornhole game, pool table and a nice pavilion. Happy I stopped in ****