Add Review
About Hocking River RV Park

All sites are 54' long pull throughs with 30 amp, some sites have 50amp electric. Sites 1-6 and 14-20 have 50 amp in addition to 30 amp. All sites are in a straight row along the Hocking River(the sites are all the same with a few trees on each, site 15 is closest to the shower house). You will be able to watch all the people in canoes going down the Hocking River. The Canoe Livery is a 1/4 mile down the road. You are 11 miles North of Old Man's Cave and 8 miles to the Cantwell Cliffs Trail. You are 2 miles to Lake Logan for fishing, swimming and Pontoon Boat rental. You are 15 minutes to zip lining and the Kroger is a mile down the road. We have 2 water spigots to fill up tanks, one dump station and one unheated shower house. There is a picnic pavilion in the campground in between sites 13 and 14. We only allow people to stay in the campground for 10 days out of the month, no long term campers. There is no smoking or drinking outside of trailers. Campground is owned by the Nazarene church. Quiet time is at 11pm. Fire pits are located close to the river for each site due to fire warden regulation, bring chairs for fire pit. There are picnic tables on each site. We are pet friendly and you need to curb your pet. Check in is Noon and check out is Noon.

Price
$15.00 - $40.00
Private
No Sewer Hookups
No Water Hookups
Hocking River RV Park is located in Ohio
1 Review of Hocking River RV Park
On the river AND the freeway

Right on the river, which is interesting, but it's also right alongside State Route 33, so you hear freeway traffic constantly. Trucks and motorcycles woke me up all night, AND there is a train track right across the river (about 200 yards away), so be prepared for trains coming through any time of the night or day.

It has flush toilets, which worked fine Friday and Saturday, but all of the women's toilets were clogged by Sunday morning, and the shower house needs to be hosed down- covered in dead bugs. Showers have this weird slimy grate on the floor- bring flip flops. The shower house is up on top of this steep hill, so you'll need a flashlight to get there in the dark.

The sites are very close together- one family moved in late at night practically on top of me- their tent was literally 4 feet from my picnic table. I could hear every word they said (or yelled) all night long. I moved down one site for a little peace and quiet, but be prepared- when crowded, you will be right on top of groups less than 12 feet to the right and left of you.

It's nice that the sites are right on the Hocking river, and there is constant traffic of canoes and kayaks going past. I thought this was fun. There is no way to put your own boat in here, though. The campground is on a very steep, muddy embankment and even putting in a lightweight kayak is very difficult (I tried and succeeded, but hurt my knee and fell into the water because of the mud- I wouldn't try this again).

All in all, I had a decent weekend, but I wouldn't stay here again because of the freeway noise and the way the sites are so close together.