Camping in Brownsville

444 Reviews of 90 Brownsville, Ohio Campgrounds

A
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2021

AWFUL PLACE TO STAY

My family stayed at the Cedar cabin over Labor Day weekend (September 2021). We were very excited to stay, play all the games offered, and have a relaxing weekend. Our experience was anything, but that. The cabin smelled so bad that we could hardly stay inside. It smelled like a mix between musty,…

SiteCedar Cabin
Andrea F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2021

Not A Lot to Do

Rocky Fork State Park doesn’t have a lot to offer unless you were there to boat or fish.

The park was very loud and more of a party crowd at least the weekend we were there.  There were only 2 short hiking trails and they were both overgrown with no real views or destinations.

The camp…

• Play button icon
S

Amazing!

I am new to camping, but this is a beautiful, well kept place!! And everyone has been so friendly! I will definitely be coming back!

Amanda S.The Dyrt PRO User

Beautiful Setting

We arrived on Friday afternoon a little before check in time and were allowed to check in and go to our site. We stayed on campsite 61 which is just long enough for a 23ft camper and our truck to park next to the camper. The drop down from the pad was a little steep with no stairs. The campground…

G

Great Ohio State Park Campground

Amazing trails walkable right from the campground. Old mans cave, upper & lower falls. Bathroom was clean. Showers were ok. My site 108 was not deep, but was wide. Great for my 5X9 travel trailer, but probably not good for a big rig. Shaded & right near the shower house was a plus.

E

Near Trails

We enjoyed a full hookup site. The pots aren’t very spacious but there’s lots of trees nearby and an easy walk to get to Old Mans Cave. We enjoyed swimming in the pool. There’s outhouses with no running water but also a relatively new bath house with nice showers and toilets.

E
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2021

Some spots better than others

Spots in the outsides of the loops are more spacious. We looked forward to the “beach” but it was very small and covered in algae. The lake was more like a large pond. There’s no running water so toilets were basically out houses. Lots of trails but they weren’t very exciting.

Nicole D.
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Location!

We visited during the off season, November. It was fairly empty, which was nice. The biggest, and really only complaint, is that the sites were pretty un-level for being paved. The bathhouse was very nice... and I think the floors may have been heated?

We stayed at a full hookup site,…

Month of VisitDecember
B
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Hocking Hills rv park

Electric hookup only Shower and restroom facility provided very clean and orderly campsite also very clean

Eli S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Something for everyone! Amazing Campgrounds

Very large campgrounds with a large number of sites! If you're looking to stay off the grid, I stayed in M62, the woods directly behind me, no cell service. From what I've see, section JJ has the best cell service, sections N, P, and O overlook or are near overlooking the quarry, H is nearest to…

• Quarry view via the trail
  • M62 Woods
  • Tree Carvings
SiteM62
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Peaceful lake

My husband and I love to paddle board. This is a no wake lake and is perfect to get out on the water. Camping in the campground has many sunny sites. There are shady sites. Camper cabins are great too. Shower houses are nice and clean. Camp store available for any necessities.

• Bike packing trip
  • Canoeing at the dam
Lupita H.
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Happy camper

The campground was very rustic. Everything you want to see is nearby. I was their 2020 in August. The water was not drinkable. They have a gem 💎 but need to upgrade.

Site25 out in the open.
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2021

Quiet and Clean

This is a very quiet campground with spacious sites on Loop C. The pool is large and heated. The hot tub, however, has been under repair since we arrived. All in all, well worth it.

SiteC64
Megan M.
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2021

Small and weirdly creepy

I drove through here on a Sunday, and I just read online that the dam may be getting repaired, so that might explain the creepy, horror-film vibe I got from this place. It was completely deserted on an August Sunday, except for two RVs in the small campground.

The sites are shaded, which is…