Ashville , OHIO

Camping Ohio Ashville

Most Recent Ashville Camping Reviews
Chilly January Camping

We stayed on site 36 as it has a long pad and a nice angle that you wouldn't be close to your neighbors (not that we had any this weekend). In the summer it would provide a little shade and lots of green space to spread out. In the winter the flush toilets are closed, but the vault toilets are open, were pretty clean and had toilet paper stocked. This park has nice hiking trials, mountain bike trails, a lake, playground for the kids and both electric and non-electric sites. We had a nice fire ring which had a good cooking great if you wanted to use it. There are no camp hosts in the off season. We hiked part of a mountain bike trail and only saw one bike go through. There are a lot of hikers who use the trail a lot. The only disappointing thing was how full the trash was. They don't really dump them in the winter because the locals use them. Be prepared to walk your trash to the dumpsters up by the flush toilets as they aren't as full.

Rolling Hills & Good Hiking

With only vault toilets and 10 electric sites, this campground isn’t for everyone. But if you can make it past those unique features, camping here is actually great. With hiking trails directly linked to the campgrounds, it’s easy to explore the beautiful park. And this really is a great gem in Ohio, as part of the Miami river and Clifton gorge, the terrain is distinct, and breathtaking. Also, the camp hosts were incredibly friendly and the maintenance of the vault toilets was the best I have seen.

Good place to camp

We like to camp in this cozy campground

Keep your children away!

Current residence of several registered sex offenders.

A fine campground that lacks charm

Camped three days in September 2020.

Not a bad place to camp but has the feel of a commercial campground. There's a distinct lack of charm. It's geared more toward those who own Boats and like fishing over hiking.

The shower house was very clean, the crew was around regularly to empty trash and clean. The hot water in the shower house left something to be desired (took forever, lasted about a minute and a half).

As a matter of personal preference, I was not a big fan of Rocky Fork but as a campground, it was completely fine.

Roomy sites!

We LOVE this campground - particularly sites 81-86. The sites are large with plenty of room to spread out, throw the frisbee or play other games. The sites are also near hiking paths that lead to the camper beach.

There is a nice playground down the road from the sites and additional hiking trails on the other side of the campground. Very quiet, peaceful camping.

Small sites, very close

Super small campground with one road in/same road out. Check-out time created quite the backup.

The sites were too short for my camper, which is odd because when booking I indicated the length of my camper. I had to back in camper, drop it, move truck, hook camper back up and finish backing in to site. Pulling out was the reverse of this.

A smaller camper would fit perfect right next to the creek at the end of the road. The lake is nice too with a small island.

Peaceful Lakeside Camping

Our favorite place to camp. Kayaking on the lake is amazing and hiking is abundant. Beautiful sunset view.

Great Park

I’m a local and I love JB.  Great hiking, clean campground (and bathroom!), and close to Yellow Springs for local brews and good eats.

A nice and quiet park.

A.W. Marion is nice and quiet. It's fairly small, and some of the spots looked challenging to back into, including the one I chose. The people we encountered there were friendly. The bathrooms seemed clean (didn't use them but did look inside), and the camper hosts were nice. Honestly, we probably won't camp there again, but that's not to say it wasn't a nice campground. Recommended.