The best DRIVE IN camping near
Franklin , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Franklin Camping Reviews
Nice little hideaway

You could pretty much drive by this place without giving it a second thought. I am glad I didn't. We got there late after 1pm. I was afraid that we were out of luck. But we found a nice spot right on the water. It was raining and the temps were threatening to drop but we wanted one last camping trip before winter. I am glad we chose this spot. A little rocky for the tents but we made it work. I did notice some much better spots for tents. Some sites were big, one of them maybe even big enough for a small gathering, but some were really small. It would absolutely NOT ba a good location for a class A motorhome but maybe some of the smaller class C's could get settled in there I saw a small camper trailer sitting comfortable. I would not like to try to get a larger camper or 5th wheel in there, way too tight to turn around. All of the sites had solid packed ground so it would not be hard to level whatever rig you use. Drive right up to the camp site better yet use a truck bed camper or tent. We brought a porta-potty and tent for it and were glad we did. Bathrooms are on the property but are just glorified outhouses the smell was not the most pleasant part of the trip by far. To sum it up we WILL be back but I will be getting there earlier in the day.

Not too bad. Beautiful video form the rock

Since it is a large Rock cliff, probably not nest for kids. But is does have an amsonh view

Beautiful waterfront and tent camping sites.

Really no bad spots here! So many amazing spaces.

Just go, tell Liz we sent you!

Liz is a great ranger. She’s very helpful!

Outstandingly Beautiful!

This park has excellent facilities, kind staff, and and an overwhelmingly beautiful set of hikes. Just go and see for yourself, summer, spring, or fall. Just go. You’ll tha k yourself for giving it a shot. Just make sure, sure that you have what you need to hike and/or swim.

Closed early

This looked like a great campsite! The website said it closed October 31st. Unfortunately, it was closed early this year for some reason.

Stunning Views! Best sites #43 #49, #46.

We stayed in Oct, 2020, at site #46 which was awesome views. Also loved sites #43 and #49 (Best sites in my opinion). Beautiful Place! Clean. Awesome views. The water is crystal clear. Lots of boats. October had great cool weather and beautiful that the leaves are changing to falls colors. I have seen pictures of this place being very crowded in summer. So, I prefer fall :) Seems great for kids and pets. Not a lot of space or privacy between campsites, but the views are worth the less private sites. Water and electric at each site. Showers in bathrooms too. We will be back!

Gibson Cove Campground

Gibson Cove Campground was an unexpected find. Beautiful campground located on Lake Chatuge in North Carolina. Gibson Cove campground is a county park with paved roads and gravel campsites. The bathhouse is older but exceptionally clean and well maintained.

The amenities include water, electric, picnic table, fire ring, WiFi, boat ramp, paved walking trails.

At first I was worried, but it turned out great

This is the smallest KOA we’ve been to by far, in our travels. When we got there the site was crazy unleveled, but after using all my leveling blocks, we made it work. The o let other 2 negative things was it’s the road noice and the smell of the paper mill in the morning. Other than that, is place was really pretty cool. We camped down on the lower level and had water and power, no sewer, which isn’t a huge deal, but still. Our site backed up to a little wooded area and we get like we were actually in a state park, not an rv park. The playground was a little too small for my kids, but they’ve got a bunch of little trails throughout the site with fairy doors at the base of some trees and a Groot!!! David, the grounds guy there, was great and had a ton of suggestions for where we could go to explore. You’re about 15 minutes from Asheville at this place, and there’s tons of things to do in town….breweries, nature centers, and the biltmore to name a few!

Pretty good?

Pluses: Nice, clean, updated facility with excellent amenities including heated lazy river. Good location for commercial stuff in PF, Dollywood, getting to several areas in different direction of Great Smoky Mountain National Park.

Minuses: Lots of add in costs to use some amenities like pedal carts, no balls for games. WiFi was horrible all 3 days there You are packed in with other RVs everywhere.