The best WALK IN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Shumaker Crossing Camping Reviews
Home game

Nice state park, sites are spaced nicely, our site was huge, nice beach, swimming area, pavilions

Robert H. Treman State Park, NY

Located in Tompkins County, Ithaca New York has beautiful gorges and hiking trails. Robert Treman is a treat and a gorgeous place to camp in the Ithaca, NY area. There are endless waterfalls, hiking trails, fishing holes and bird watching opportunities. The campground has bathrooms, showers, picnic tables, a playground and a dump station. There are cabins, tents and rv sites, some of which are handicapped accessible. Ithaca is also packed with wineries and the finger lakes. A great place to visit!

Such a unique Glamping experience!

Stayed 2 nights for my birthday and loved it. One of the first places to open after COVID shutdown. Normally they have a large gathering area for cooking, games and a bar tent. Even with the restrictions we had a great visit and felt safely distanced from other campers and staff. Great hiking trails because it is attached to Buttermilk Falls State Park. Also close to Cornell University which is a beautiful campus.

I loved sleeping in the huge canvas tent and listening to the rain safe and warm under many quilts. The breakfast baskets the made for us each day were so nice to wake up to. And the bar and fire pits were maintained for you by the staff -  such luxury. I loved it.

Beautiful!

We went during shoulder season and it was beautiful and quiet.

Very clean campground with very nice owners. The sites are nicely spaced so you aren’t on top of each other. Great place to call home base while exploring the finger lakes.

This place is the best

I’ve been camping here since I was a kid. This will forever be my favorite place. If I could live here I would. It’s peaceful and beautiful. There’s not a bad site here. They are all big, private and beautiful.

Itching to return already

We spent 2 nights at Tuscarora Village in the Six Nations campground. More than impressed. The sites were unique, huge, and well maintained. Very family friendly with a 10pm “shhhh” time which is the only drawback, and only because we don’t have young kids. If you are looking for a safe, easy, comfortable place for you and your family or some quiet time, I highly recommend. Within a short walk of the trails and gorge. Stunning. Also, less than 10 mins from the cutest town and Seneca Lake (and Walmart when you forgot your air mattress pump…)

Nice campground on the lake

We stayed only one night at this park but wish we could have stayed longer as there seems to be quite a bit to enjoy here. The park is nestled on the lake so there is an opportunity to swim, fish or launch a canoe. Right off the beach there is a large playground. If you’re like me and LOVE wine, go take a short 7 minute drive to the Montezuma Winery. You won’t be disappointed. About campsite #5 - It was large enough to fit our 27’ camper however it was very close (with no privacy) to the neighbors. Has electric hook-ups.

Small and quiet

We had a huge site near a little stream, overall the campground isn’t very big with lots of seasonsals. Lots of activities for kids, and just around the corner from chimney bluff state park which are a must see!

Great access to hiking trails and nearby falls, clean bathrooms

I’m not a camper, but in covid times camping seemed our family’s best option to get away. My ONLY requirement was clean bathrooms. These bathrooms were cleaned 3 times a day!  The sites were clean, each one has a fire pit and picnic table. Water stations are tucked between every few campsites. Our campsite was small (#70), and was mostly gravel (bring a comfy mat!), but some of the others were bigger with grassy area. As someone else said, it’s close to a semi-busy road, so get a spot on the south side of the campsite if that bothers you (the trucks going up the hill did wake us up at night).  The falls was a small trickle when we went, but the hike (which can be accessed from the campgrounds) up and down the North and South Rim was beautiful and my kids had such fun walking on the river (Gorge Trail).