Angola on the Lake, NEW YORK

Camping New York Angola on the Lake
Most Recent Angola on the Lake Camping Reviews
Nice , clean little campground

Nice , clean , quiet… minutes from Niagra falls! We liked this little quite a bit . Bath house was very clean and had washers and dryers !

Words cannot describe how bad

My girlfriend and I purchased a season campsite which was beautiful. The old guy who runs this place is going senile as well as having dementia. Low water pressure, constant sewer plug-ups, tree blew down on my girlfriend's car causing extensive damage and the campground had no insurance to cover it. They were clearly liable and negligent and should have had the tree removed because it previously was damaged from the wind and a large Branch came down on a camper. You have to buy your own firewood the people are rude I can go on and on please go up the road to the KOA

It was decent!

I think I could have had a better experience here if I didn’t get the last spot available. We were literally camping in a field (no trees) right next to the playground… so you can imagine. There are spots near the water that looked much nicer. We went to see the sunset and it was a beautiful view. You can walk right up to Lake Ontario, which was really nice!

Great base camp for Niagara and other attractions!

Site Details: We stayed on site#79, which was an electric site with a nice lake view. Our row of sites was separated from Lake Ontario by a large, open field. The sunset views over the lake each evening were spectacular. Our site actually had a gravel driveway and pad, as did several others, but I noticed that the majority of sites were grass only. There was a nice row of small shade trees and bushes that separated our row of sites from each other, but the general feel of the campground was more open field rather than forest. I really liked our site overall, but it was a bit of a walk to the bath house and water spigot.

Facilities/Overall Park: This is a very large and popular campground, and to my surprise it didn’t empty out much during the week. The setting is beautiful, the rangers were friendly, and the playgrounds are very nice. The camping loop roads were nicely paved and great for bike-riding. The lake was simply beautiful, and you can even see the Toronto skyline on a clear day. With that said, some of the facilities could use some TLC. There are several bath houses with laundry located throughout the CG, and some are a bit more updated than others. The closest bath house to our site was unfortunately the most dated and dirty of them. The showers were pretty gross, and the bathroom stalls were so-so, but there was constantly TP all over the floor, overflowing trash cans, and only one working soap dispenser(which was empty most of the time). We usually see camp hosts at state parks who take care of bathroom cleaning, but I didn’t notice any hosts or host sites this trip, which I thought was odd. I also noticed that the park in general was sparsely staffed, which seemed odd given the amount of campers.

Surrounding Area/Attractions: The convenient location of this campground can’t be beat. Fort Niagara is about 5 minutes away, the falls are 15-20 minutes away, and there are many farm stands and cute little towns nearby. Another neat town to visit is Lockport, about 30 minutes away(Lake Effect Ice Cream is a must!). This is a very rural area, so the fresh produce stands are plentiful during the summer season. Our favorite was Tom Tower; his peaches and corn were incredible. The fresh cookies from nearby Sanger Farm were delicious as well. Overall, this is a lovely park in a great location. While the facilities within the park were lacking, it is a beautiful and affordable base camp from which to explore all the nearby towns and attractions. We would camp here again!

Beautiful lake!

The view is amazing, and rentals for everything! Just a wonderful time!

Quiet and friendly

Back to the basics, not resorty, love it we have tent camped here and also brought our pop up for a week

Great place!

Great place, great campers!

Beautiful, Friendly, Quiet

We had a great experience here at Beaver Meadow. The terrain was hilly and fun to navigate, the store was well stocked, the fish in the pond were hungry and active. The golf cart rental was pretty steep compared to all other campgrounds.

Great Campground

Fun, family friendly campground. We were in a tent on a electric/water site. Sites were a little small but we made it work with three families on three sites. Lots to do, fishing, swimming pool, petting zoo, hayrides and friendly staff.

Adventure

Great place to explore. Many trailes, boating, swimming, camping… just a great place to go.

Darien Lake camping resort

Large campground, with almost every kind of camping available through the park. Cabins,trailers, tents, and every type of space for whatever your mode of camping is. Since it is attached to 6 flags you have every amenity available to you . Campstore, cafe, gift shop, showers and laundry. The only negative and for me it's a big negative is that there are no posted speed limits on the grounds, and I found that the majority of people were driving way to fast with so many kids around

Decent

Nice campground, free, fishing, secluded, everyone needs to start picking up their trash though

Unbelievable

I dont even know where to start 2 water parks for kids and adults play areas for pets DEFINITELY BRING OR RENT THE GOLF CART , very hilly but tons of fun

Relaxing

Great place to relax and have fun with the family , lots of pets , kids loved the beach and it's only minutes from 6 flags

Great time

Really nice staff! Free putt putt. Clean! So much to do. There is a dog park as well!

Fun

Great place clean camp ground. Lots of fun we had breakfast there and lunch was pretty expensive near the pools. Would not camp there if we weren’t going to Darien lake. We went on that new swing ride that was really high it was a lot of fun!

Awesome

Put put was free. So many things to do with the kids. Heated pools. Beach was clean.

Great fun

The laser show was great. Some of the rides were down so that was annoying. But we all had fun!

Beautiful campground

This is a fairly new campground on Grand Island near Niagara Falls. There a lot to do here, kayaking the pond, 2 zip lines, miniature golf and great pools. The bathroom/showers are spotless. The sites have a decent amount of room and many have a lot of shade. They have back in or pull through sites, cabins, tent sites and even yurts.

Great Campsite!

Love this place, first visit, I’m in a tent but on a water and electric hookup site (as requested). Family friendly, quiet at night. Southern Tier brewery nearby, two different casinos within 40 minutes, golf course, huge lake and more! Tons of year round campsites and campers who all seem very friendly

Sunsets are worth it!

We stayed here two nights and traveled around the area. It was located near the things we wanted so we wouldn’t have normally stopped, but glad we did both nights as the sunset was for sure worth it. Sites were pretty sunny so glad we had our sun shade along with us.

Only if you have to

This campground is only worth staying at if you’re going to the park. The bathrooms are small dirty and there’s not enough of them. The hookups are pathetic most sites I saw that were listed as 30 amp were not and the power box was well in front of your camper and water was on the wrong side of the camper. We had a shaded and wooded site which was ok but the mowing and maintenance was terrible.

Very nice, well maintained. Never a dull weekend.

This campground was very nice and very well maintained. Everyone was friendly. Our arms were sore after the first night from waving to everyone who drove past. Mostly seasonal sites with about 35-40 rentals. The camp store was stocked about as well as Camping world. We needed a hand crank for our tv antenna, yep they had it. Huge lot with activities ever weekend. We will be back and we know what site we want!!

Nice, clean, small KOA

Nice little campground. Stayed for 7 nights, & spent 1 day in Buffalo & 1 @ the falls. Wanted a chill community & this was very quiet & relaxing. There is a park right across from the campground on Lake Erie. Would have given 5 stars if there was more to do on grounds.

Things to do if you stay a few days

• Luensman Overview Park
  • watch sunset on the beach
  • wine trail (Enjoyed Johnson’s)
  • beach day. We went to Point Gratiot Park because they have a lifeguard on duty & they allow swimming.
Great spot to stop!

We were very weary from a long day on the road and they took great care of us!

Beautiful views

This was a very nice campground. Full hook-up and a swimming pool with beautiful views of the lake.

Good access to Niagara Falls

But not good for swimming. Beautiful sunset views. Showers didn’t have hot water but bathroom was fine otherwise. This is a very large campground.

Average, expected more from KOA

The campground is very small. It makes for challenging entry and exit for Class A, especially if towing. Location is great for visiting Niagara Falls. Pool is not cleaned very often, lots of leaves. All gravel sites. Many are not very level.

Great little mom and pop campground

The tent sites were great and spaced apart. The owners were very friendly and there was a nice pond. Showers could need updated but it was about what I was expecting. I love little campgrounds like this so it was even better than I was hoping.

Massive with great views no matter where you sleep.

Lots of sites to choose from. The 100s and 300s have no electricity. Sites are nice and mostly open but you can find shaded sites no matter what. You will converse with neighbors, as you should when camping, so it is nice to find this place. Waterfront is amazing and those with the sites have it perfect, but don’t fret if you were not one of the lucky ones as there is a massive field to get too view Toronto. Showers were clean and friendly. We found the showers in the 300s to be empty almost every time we went to them since they are off the beaten path a bit.