Accord, NEW YORK

Most Recent Accord Camping Reviews
Variety of camping styles

I have camped Beaver Pond for the last 45 years and have found something new and better each every year I've gone to the campgrounds. I have gone from tent platform,  tent camping, tarp, and now hammock camping. The sites can be a bit tight, at times and you may find a few visitors, not necessarily on two legs, but always a delight. It's great to be among the trees away from the hustle and bustle of the city in what I consider a majestic chapel that will always welcome and embrace your presence. Something for all, swimming, camping, access to bear mountain pool, or the appalachian trails, and lean tos, (not on the camp sites).  Prices all can afford to come. Great for all types of levels of campers.

Beautiful campground

Beautiful place.

Family friendly/ rocky tent campsite’s

Located in the Catskills. This is a family friendly there’s bathrooms/showers playground, pool, potable water and a outdoor pavilion. Located near hiking in the Catskills and 15 mins to Woodstock.

The tent site are very richly and uneven, it was very hard to pitch a tent. When it rains theres a horrible smell across the campground.

Lots of trees and roads

You can drive to High Point monument that is 1803 feet above sea level and you get a spectacular panorama view. There are hiking trails and fresh water for kayaking. The campsite are ok , a little small and there is a pit toilet on site, but flush toilet and how showers are 5 min drive.

A normal thousand trails campground

Nice, quiet place. Our site was up front and we didn’t venture into the park. We did use the laundry room, which needed some updates, especially some lighting. It has a pretty large staircase and at night with a handful of laundry, it was a little scary navigating without lights. Other than that, it was a good stop over for a couple of nights.

Be Aware of Bears!!

A quick 40 minutes north of NYC, Harriman State Park has an eclectic little campground called Beaver Pond. The grounds are just steps away from Welch Lake, offering a lifeguard monitored sandy beach which is open during the summer season for swimming, fishing, and small boat craft further out.

“Welcome to Bear Mountain” grumbles the park ranger as he sits in complete darkness! He is in his ranger hut, checking in the late evening arrivals to the campground. It’s totally dark inside, lit only by the glow of the outside lamps. The atmosphere is complete with spider webs covering the walk up window, and I swear I saw a black widow doppelgänger . He’s nice, but you can tell he’s given this welcome speech too many times to get overly excited about it. He offers us a highlighted map to our site, wishes us a good stay, and gives us the run down on bear activity in the area. I mean, we are in Bear Mountain, what do you expect?!?

The campground offers several different sties, from platform tent spaces to those for 25’ trailers. All sites have a standard picnic table and fire ring. Our site is a trailer site, it’s perfect for the trusty old pop-up, and feels nice and roomy. Although no site offers electric or water hook up, camp amenities include: a moderately stocked store, public bath houses, a laundry facility, playground for the kids and camp-sinks with access to water.

Offering the peaceful tranquility of sitting under the changing oak, sumacs, maples, and poplars, I wouldn’t recommend this site for the quiet hearted. There is a constant buzz in the air of conversation, music, laughter and shrieking toddlers. Quiet time at night is laughable as the enjoyment of being in nature rages on into the early morning. I myself could go either way; I’m not overly bothered by the late nights and chorus of noise, but living in the megalopolis that I call home, it would be nice to not have the ruckus constantly follow you to the great outdoors.

We didn’t visit Welch Lake beach but for a quick walk to the area for a few pictures; it’s past season at this point, and I still have to do some fishing pole shopping. A quick 15 minute drive from Beaver Pond, is Bear Mountain State Park. Here you can find some of the Appalachian Trail, with various smaller trail heads for this historic (Revolutionary Times 1770s) part of the region including the one to Doodle Town. Long since the last resident left, the area is a ruins with markers showing where a house was, but most of the area has been taken back by nature leaving only a stone stair case here or a partial foundation wall there. It terminates at Iona Island Bird Sanctuary, a lovely long grassed marshland. The trails in the area are friendly to hikers, bikers, and the non arthritic kneers, as most are rated moderate to challenging. Don’t fret, trails that are rated easy and accessible to disabled are equally enjoyable and beautiful. They offer stunning views of the changing foliage, quick glances at the Hudson River and the rolling hills of the area. We didn’t take the Perkins Memorial Tower trail, but heard it was amazing. Next Time!!!

So much fun

My college friends go here each year to meet up and we have so much fun. The group sites are great and perfect for our 30-50 people. Definitely go for the rafting/tubing package, it was the best part of the trip!

Very Nice

This place is very beautiful and rustic at the same time. The employees are all very friendly. Once you get the hang of getting around the area there is so much to do, I can't wait to go back.

Can’t wait to go back

Just finished another great trip at Mongaup Pond Campground. This was our 4th time here. Not a bad thing to say. Bathroom and water access are never far. One shower located by main entrance. No power at the sites, that I know of. About a 50/50 mix of tent and small RV. Very calm and quiet atmosphere. No pool or clubhouse. (which is one of the things we like!) Great place to let the kids ride bikes and explore. Concrete fire place on each site. Wood available at check in. Boat rentals are a little pricey @ $20 for a row boat from 10-6. All types available. Beautiful, calm, clean & quiet. Every time we leave we already can’t wait to book next trip. Oh and dogs are allowed as long as you have rabies cert.

Pretty decent

Great park with large enough campsites. Bathrooms were clean, showers were ok, could use a little bleach. We were at site 52 and had to drive to the bath house because it was so far, but we didn’t mind. Mosquitos were terrible. Water taps scattered around campground. We were drinking the water right out the tap but by our 4th day there were new signs to boil the water before drinking. We figured since we had been drinking it so long and felt fine we were ok so we didn’t boil our last day.

Very nice Thousand Trails campground

Was our first Thousand trails site. Friendly staff and knowledgeable. Plenty of space in sites. Can accommodate many different size RV and trailers, plus tents. All sorts of activities, pool, playground and more. Close to local shops as well as bigger shops like Walmarts. Beautiful senic roads. One of the pics I posted is on hyway 44-55 coming back from New Paltz.

Nice place to stay

They have decent size sites, a lot were very private some more open. I have nothing bad to say. Restrooms and showers were clean, Rangers were pleasant to deal with and on top of everything, Bears were seen in the park and they noticed I had left food unattended ( I was walking to get a sponge from a friend at a neighboring site) and stopped to me it inquire. We camped in September and the campground was pretty empty = nice and peaceful!!! wish I had taken more photos.

Great quiet getaway

Nice campsites with little traffic.  The brook was great for the kids to explore

Beautiful wooded area

We found the service and campsite lovely. The wooded area was breathtaking. Facilities were clean and functional but needed some maintenance/updating. Camp store was well stocked; staff knowledgeable about the area.

Very Nice! TT encore campgrounds

This is a Thousand trails campground so it was free. I think the regular price is $64. Full hookups, tents and cabins to rent. Pleanty to do in and around campground. Grounds has a pool, concession stand,game room, playgrounds, sports feild and more. Sites are well groomed. We had one and a babbling brook was 30 feet behind us. Great spot for morning coffee. Clean restrooms,showers and laundry. Dump stations if need and a service to come to your rig to collect waste if you don't want to move it. Local shops just minutes from campgrounds. Walmart and other bigger shops just a short drive away! Scenic Willride on 44-55 to Mohonk House and trails. We be going back.

Best Small Camping in Catskills

KENNETH was a smaller campground that felt perfect for us. Private sites (not all, but many), clean bathrooms & showers and very friendly staff. There is no swimming currently on the lakes, but you can rent canoes/kayaks to fish or paddle around. The views from the day-use area is fantastic. We camped there for 4 nights a few weeks ago and we enjoyed all aspects.

Inside the park are four very easy hiking trails all around 1 mile in length. All of them were pleasant trips, especially the nature trail and blue trail. As you walk along the trails you constantly see or pass over the old rock walls that can be found throughout the Catskills.

Weekdays, the park was at a low capacity, weekends definitely picked up, but it was still very quiet and never loud beyond 10pm. Great place to visit and we shall definitely return.

Loud, no rules

No pool, play ground, dirt sites. This campground caters to river rafting. If you want a prime tent site (one near the river) you need to pay for river rafting packages. There is no enforcement of noise, and it seems no limits to people per campsite (larges parties on the sites.) Only two bath houses so they can get pretty overwhelmed when the campground is busy. Security is a big concern, gates are open along the campground from the road so anyone can enter and leave all hours of the night. Will not be returning.

Solid Campground

Spent the weekend camping with friends and we really enjoyed our time at Clarence Fahnestock. We were lucky our site was secluded from everyone else and we were surrounded by lots of trees. They also have community sites if that’s your thing. The bathrooms were fairly clean but only 2 stalls so sometimes got a bit crowded. The beach across the way was great and had its own bathrooms and a small concession stand. Overall very pleased and would definitely go back.

Rustic and woodsy

Been camping here for 4 seasons. The management is very helpful and willing to help with even the smallest of requests. Great for RV and tent camping. There’s a pond stocked with 2-3 types of fresh water fish. They offer seasonal camping and a game room with a small general store.

Great for beginners

The camp is set up in a “blank slate, parking lot” type style, with a big field, center for tent camping or to be used for sports or other activities. There’s a “lazy river” at one side and a small RV village on the other, and tent sites with water or dry tent camping. Restrooms are available with hot and cold running water, showers and toilets.

Party zone

We stayed here the summer of 2019. We brought our pop up camper and two teenage kids. They didn’t have any activities and no pool so the girls were bored plus the site was so loud at night with parties and loud music. The music started back up first thing in the morning so sleep wasn’t an option. We were able to move our site but it was not enjoyable. The bathrooms were filthy and lots of traffic coming in and out for their rafting business. I do not recommend if you are looking for relaxation.

Great Spot!

Big and spacious state park with many camping options. Has options for trailers, tent sites, platforms for tents and even some cabins. Small store in park that sells firewood and ice and a few other things you may need. Big lake with swimming and boating as well as many hiking trails. Bathrooms on site as well as showers. Some sites are close together, but there are a few a little more secluded and set back. Fire pits are great. Can’t wait to camp here again!

Perfect

Right on the Beaverkill River, it's quiet, clean, gorgeous, brand new cabins and concrete pads. Fisherman's heaven. Can't wait to go back.

Children’s camp

Great place that does after school programs and summer camp for children. As far as I know there is no public camping here.

Not worth the trip

Stayed here on my way to and from Littleton NH KOA (wonderful place). Sites are crowded, uneven and trashy. Staff is indifferent, not really rude, but not very helpful. Although I had made reservations for both nights, they only had the first, and only a no-show let me have a site. Try someplace else!

Super lindo y el Personal muy amable

Super lindo todo!! $15 dolares la noche para los que viven en el Estado de New York o New York city .. si es fuera del estado son $5 dolares mas!! Lo mejor es reservar online y escojer el espacio pero no es obligatorio.. si quieres acampar en un area lejos y solo pues escojan la seccion W… no todas las secciones tienen una plataforma de madera para poner tu caseta de campaña.. algunas secciones son las casetas ensima de la grama.. lo mejor es buscar una seccion que esten los bańos y las duchas cerca en caso también de que se te antoje ir de madrugada … para el mes de Agosto no habia nada de mosquitos ni moscas .. El personal muy amable .. no habia mucha vigilancia.. lo que si es llevar mucho gas y carbon y palos de madera para la fogata y estar preparado si llueve.. hay una tienda que venden palos para la fogata $12.. venden Cafe $1 . Hielo $5 ..$10  .. venden frisas .. leche y muchas cosas mas!!! Hay un lago estilo playa..bueno lo unico que los que no están acostumbrados a ver o escuchar animales salvajes es un poco miedoso en la noche!! Nunca tener comida ni nada de olor dentro de las casetas por que los osos viene por la comida .. dejar todo dentro del carro .. y en fin todo muy lindo.. los bańos y bańera muy limpios y ademas puedes cargar en el bańo el celular

Good time if you aren't looking for peace and quiet

This place is hopping as far as a campground goes.  Music playing and it's pretty crowded.  But this is the place I go to with my old college friends once a year, and it's good for that.  Rafting and hiking is always a great time, and you can have a good campfire with music and a few beers and nobody is  going to bother you.

"The Whip"

Found this great campground 2 years ago while looking for a seasonal to retire my 1994 Georgie boy cruisemaster too. It has everything you are looking for in a campground. Pool , private 6 acre lake, playground, gameroom, camp store , pavilion area, full hookup sites ,pull throughs, tent sites , pump out service , pump out area. All for a reasonable prices. And it's family run , so it still hasn't got caught up in that corporate campground mentality.

Great for kids

On the expensive side but great activities for the kids. Nice pools, water park and clean campgrounds.

Great Family Campground

this is a nice place to camp with little ones. Tons of activities for the little ones. they are strict with quiet time. maybe a little to strict, once the kids were finally asleep it was quiet time at we were told to basically go to bed too. lol