Indian Springs, NEVADA

Camping Nevada Indian Springs
Most Recent Indian Springs Camping Reviews

Stayed here for 4 nights Amazing good sized spaces w full hook up Friendly Pools are nice clean laundry and baths! Pet runs

Boondocking

Basically the whole road is campable. Wash, little trails, back in areas, little pull outs. All kinds of places. Quiet and dark. Few people travel the road. There is 5G service as long as you stay on the highway side of the hill.

No resources whatsoever. 100% off grid.

Our Go To spot when around Las Vegas

I love the canyon and mountains here. There’s hiking nearby farther in the canyon and has never been an issue finding a spot for or Sprinter here.

The staff and accommodations are fantastic!

The staff is always been helpful and amazing! The pool is always super clean as well as the bathrooms and the laundry room. You could not ask for a better place to stay!

Clean and dispersed group sites

Little breezy so we flew a kite. We loved it

Okay for a few days

Honestly, we chose this RV park due to proximity to the Cummins facility. I don’t believe we will choose this park again.

Pros:

Gated. Full hookups.

Cons:

Proximity to Nellis AFB flyovers. Started at 7 am and were on/off all day. If you want a place to sleep in, this is not it. I love planes and jets, but this park is on the flight path.

Everything, except for convenience stores and gas stations, is at least 3-5 miles away: grocery stores, restaurants, etcetera.

Bad part of town, hence the need for security gates.

A severe tire damage spike strip is installed to keep vehicles from going the wrong way. And it is at the sharp left turn to exit (with an RV space across the way). There has to be a better way.

Speed bumps are throughout park. I hate this trend.

Not necessarily big rig friendly if you have a full side slideout. Could not use awning because tree butted right up to the slide.

Surrounded by Red Rock and Beautiful mountains!

This campground is located across the street from the beautiful Red Rock Conservation area. It is a semi flat desert area this many tent spots (single and group) and some walk in for late comers. Reservations are recommended because in our experience it fills up fast.

Second time camping at Macks

Had a great time both times I’ve camped here with friends. The dirt road takes you far out of the way and away from everything. Some of the sites are situated on the side of mountains so the views (especially at sunset) are breathtaking. Sites are spacious and set far away from each other. Very happy with these sites. Great place to disconnect. Very primitive. Make sure to take all your trash out with you. Gets windy at night so stuff can blow away.

Great low price

Stayed 4 days. Had a premium back in site near restrooms paid $25 nightly for full hookups. Some sites as low as $15 nightly. We found this downtown Vegas location to be a great close to the action RV site. Quite stay, super clean bathrooms and laundry room. Must register through the front desk inside the Main street station Casino. Staff very friendly, I would definitely stay here again.

Scenic, next to trails

We stayed in #7, out of 11. Nice, clean flush toilets. Power only. You cannot beat this for a staycation out of Vegas. 110 in town, 83 during the days here. Near road but barely noticed the traffic. It is next to the flat, interpretive trail Acastus Trail that lead to the Visitor Center and across from the Fletcher View trail. This spot had a raised picnic area with bbq and fire pit and place for a tent too. We loved it.

Wallace Canyon Rd

Started in Parump on Wheeler Pass Road and headed up Northeast until the Wallace Canyon Road turnoff. Beautiful desert drive that ends in pines. Saw close to ten mule deer off the road. Could probably make it was 2wd but better off having 4x4 with decent clearance.

Primitive but secluded

This is basic- no electrical hook ups or paved roads/spots so if you want to be true to nature this is great! After a mile or so 4WD is recommended. We saw a few people unable to get up the hill near us, so be prepared. The stars are brilliant though, since there’s no lights nearby.

At Mack's canyon you can find solitude and peacefulness.

The road is a bit rough, you just have to go slow. The campground is primitive. There are two little springs that seep out of the ground. I just love how quiet it is you get about a handful of people that come up to see the flowers that are near the spring. I haven't seen any wildlife up there except for chipmunks, but the trees are great.

Great get away

Very clean camp grounds. Reserved 2 spots mid week and had a blast. So many hiking trails around the area. Loved getting out of the Vegas heat for couple of days. Would definitely go back .

Ugly place

desolated

Words can’t describe

This place contains over 200 miles of trails, suitable for a variety of OHV types, as well as hiking and horseback riding. Be sure to respect the land and its resources during your visit. Otherwise, the LTS will lose what makes it a fantastic place for recreation. There are numerous recreation opportunities available in the over 45,000 acres of the LTS, providing a destination for recreationists in southern Nevada and beyond. Many of the trails accommodate most types of OHVs, although some trails are suitable only for particular types of vehicles: ATVs, specially modified SUVs and Jeeps, or motorcycles. The trails can accommodate a variety of skill levels, with some trails limited to experienced riders. Hiking is also a way to explore the LTS. Picnicking and camping provide relaxing ways to experience the area.

Simple but good

Simple good and comfortao

Very simple place but with a great atmosphere

Very simple place but with a great atmosphere

Not many amenities but nice customer care

Viva Las Vegas!

Located next to a casino and a short drive to the strip, this KOA has friendly staff and nice facilities. It’s also across the street from a Walmart for anything you forgot.

Dirty place and zero customer service.

Dirty place and zero customer service it seems it’s an abandoned place.

Excellent park

Great place outside the huddle and bustle of Vegas. Adult pool, level concrete sites, full hookups, grill on site and one of the best park stores I have been in. Would have given a 5 except for poor wifi

Nice and safe campground

Full hook up,shower's poll

Loved this Park! It’s a come-back.

Very nice and clean park. The older side arranged in semi circles has larger spaces, but the newer side is really nice. We ha a pull through with full hookups. The staff is very friendly, and on arrival we were escorted to our space. Very nice showers and laundry houses - the showers are individually lockable. My only complaint was that the electrical pedestal was very low making my surge protector lay on the ground, and the night time security lights are way too bright. But yes, we would happily stay again.

No vintage Airstreams

Would have loved to stay here but they only take 2000 and above travel trailers. We have a 1967 Airstream. 😢

Overnight camping is back!

CAMPING HAS BEEN RESTORED HERE!!  …Once upon a time, this area WAS a campground; however, in 2015 it was converted to Day Use only due to flash flooding that occurs in heavy rains.  In June 2019, we confirmed that camping has returned!  USDA Forest Service website info has not been updated yet, but the new sign posted at the campground confirms that camping overnight is allowed. (This campground is also not included with the collection of campgrounds found on Rec.gov.)  The new sign states that sites are recommended for RV use only.  That's because when the campground was converted to day use, they removed the tent pads, but you certainly can find a site that will accommodate a tent.  The host said some sites were supposed to be left for day use only, but campers are taking all the sites (27), and no one is enforcing it either way.  All sites are first come, first serve, with a picnic table, grill, fire ring, but no shade structures.  Restrooms, water on tap, and concrete benches are scattered throughout.  $12 Mon-Thurs; $18 Fri-Sun & Holidays.  Campground is located close to the main Kyle Canyon Rd, so noise can be an issue, but wear earplugs and enjoy the pine trees anyway!  This is great news for the Mt Charleston recreation area, as this camping location has been very missed.

Relax and Glamp

Easy drive/ stroll this campground, large sites with full hookups and concrete pads for easy level setup. Fun times at the separate swimming pool area for adults and kids which is open late for some night swimming. 18 hole mini golf course, restaurant, and mini mart onsite. Easy taxi or uber ride to the strip. Not scenic by any means but comfortable, safe, quiet, and secure location.

Its Vegas what else can you expect?

Koa Sams Town Las Vegas is a clean tidy place to park your R.V or Travel Trailer. They have very clean restrooms a d showers. Also cheap to stay here only its not much like camping here. Only it is in a much better part of Vegas than down off the strip or down town and Sams town casino is w/ in walking distance. So it beats staying off the strip or near Fremont St. Experience , because alot less traffic to fight thru. Koa is on Boulder Highway and Nellis blvd. Not far from the I-15  freeway.

Road runner RV park

The RV park was easily accessed from the interstate fairly close to the road but very nice lots of trees the staff was very friendly and except Good Sam

Sunday/Monday 24hr trip.

Got up there around 10:30-11:00am on Sunday. “Champion Road” is a decently maintained dirt/gravel road and there are camp sites scattered on both sides, all different shapes and sizes. I took a small road off to the right towards the mountain and found a pretty secluded site. My site had a rock fire ring from previous campers and a cleared away flat area for a tent. I brought a small table luckily because there was nowhere to put stuff other than hanging in the trees, on the ground or on a log. My tent is a 2 person 6ftx7ft tent and was too big for spot so my tent wasn’t positioned very well, other sites may have been better. I think because my site was a bit more off the main road it had fewer campers therefore was not as well kept. My site was very rocky and well covered by large trees, not another site within a 400 meter radius. I didn’t check out many other sites so can only speak for mine. It was a little dirty from previous campers, but after a quick walk through and clean up it was homey. Next time probably will find a little bit more “developed” spot with larger area for my tent and cleared away rocks. Great for the short time I was there and serve me well for getting away and hanging by the fire, listening to music and watching the stars. Definitely will be going back soon. Maybe do some thing to make the spot a little better for the next camper and bring bags to take your trash (and others trash) with you when you leave. Enjoy!

Great spot!

Just went here for my first time and I love it. Scenery is beautiful, it’s a lot cooler than down in the city(which was nice to get away from the heat), and it was clean. I think next time I’ll definitely reserve a spot I want because it was a little packed.