Bunkerville, NEVADA

Most Recent Bunkerville Camping Reviews
No overnight camping allowed

No overnight camping allowed

Sand Hollow State Park

Sand Hollow is a beautiful man made lake with bright red sand and clear waters. This park allows for motorized and non motorized boats, off road vehicles, rentals, camping and dogs.

There are very limited spots by the water to camp, and fires are only allowed in specific fire rings. Outside firewood is not allowed. There is also an entrance fee to enter the park, National Park Passes will not work here.

There are nice day use areas, and areas designated for camping. Tents and RVs allowed, although most access roads are covered in thick sand. I would not recommend taking a low clearance vehicle. There is also a small restaurant for food and vault toilets for use.

You cannot camp around the entire lake. The back portion is fenced off, only allowing half of the lake to be occupied. I chose to camp as far away from the other campers by the backside of the lake. It was a very beautiful, sandy spot right by the water. However, it seemed like the other people staying at the park had no sense of respect or personal space. We set our tent up around 2:00pm and we constantly had ATV's, families with dogs off of the leash, fishermen etc walking/driving right through our site. This continued even through the night until quiet hours. Light and sound travel very well over this lake, so someone drunkenly singing with their buddies across the lake sounds like they are right next to you. People are driving their cars at all sorts of hours blinding you with the reflection off of the water. There are Park Rangers that drive around but don't seem to do anything. There was litter everywhere hidden in the sand. There are a couple of trees and bushes that provide some shade but I would recommend bringing a shade tent. There are also a couple of metal tables with attached chairs at some campsite locations.

This would be a beautiful location to visit for the day with your family. I would not recommend camping here overnight unless you don't enjoy personal space, respectful neighbors, quiet hours or humming RVs.

New favorite place

This place is awesome! Great hiking, clean bathrooms and showers. $20 for camping

Viva Valley of Fire!

Incredible campsites tucked away among the rocks have shelters and an amazing place to watch the light of your campfire flicker across the nearby giant towering rocks that your campsite is nestled amongst.

One of the nicest parks I’ve camped in!

PROS: • Restrooms w/ flushing toilets • Showers w/ hot water • Parking within your site, loved the proximity • Faucet w/ running water on site • Fire pit w/ removable grill • BBQ grill • Covered picnic bench • Covered metal garbage cans walking distance from your site • Pet friendly • Visitor Center driving distance from site (within park) w/ items i.e. fire wood, fire starters, etc. • Lots of hiking trails to choose from! We drive to all of our trails

CONS: • You have to be very patient to score a site. The sites are first come, first served — no reservations and the signs have always said that the campgrounds are FULL when I go here, apparently they’re not. My gf had gone earlier to the park bc I had to work and she had to scout for a spot. Initially, she was not able to find anything so she went for a hike then returned and scored a spot. Patience is key! • RE sites 16 or any that are up against a boulder. These sights are like megaphones. Everything said and done in these sites could be heard from very far distances. Night 1; musicians graced our ear drums with guitars sounds and singing. Night 2; family tortured our eardrums with their screaming child (sound echoed!) and conversations that had TMI written all over them. This is me venting but just be aware if you’re staying in any of these spaces and don’t be a d*€% in general :)

Overall: love this place! Great for beginners in the world of camping. It eases you into it (w/ the access to toilets and showers) rather than straight roughing it off the bat.

A great place to spend the weekend

Quail Creek State Park consists of a decently sized reservoir surrounded by beautiful orange sand dunes. The campgrounds are nice and clean, all paved, and provide most amenities that one could need. This is definitely a place best utilized if you have ATV’s/UTV’s and a boat. But, if you don’t, there is still great beaches and places to cliff jump!

Pretty setting

Site #17. Campground sits right on the lake. We were there on a 75 degree day. Beware no shade and can be windy.

Family fun

This campground is run by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It is open to church members and their families. There are two large camping lawns you can rent out large enough for family gatherings. The cost is $100/night but you take the whole lawn, which is quite large. There are two swimming pools which are fed by the hot mineral springs. One of the pools has little fish that like to come kiss your feet as you sit. They have tubes you can use to float down the river. Bathrooms and changing rooms are available but I didn't see a shower. No bikinis are allowed or other swimming attire showing the females midriff. If you can't make it to camp, they have open swim on Thursdays for $3 /person. The facility burned down some time ago and the church has been working hard to get it up and running again. Great fun place to bring your family and have a reunion

My favorite spot in Utah

By fluke on my honeymoon we booked at this campground.! SO glad we did! My family and I absolutely LOVE it!! It’s fun of all sorts, kayaking, lake beach, boating, cliff jumping, bbq, off-roading everywhere!!! And the beauty that surrounds is unreal!!

Also a GREAT restaurant down in town called Main Street is a must!!

Wow!

Beautiful campground in the midst of beautiful rock formations. The night sky is amazing from here, especially considering how close Vegas is with all its lights. A couple of bathrooms are shared while each site has a picnic table, shade structure and fire ring.

Beautiful, Camping for all types, great hiking and visitors center

We had always heard how wonderful this place was and we made a point of staying here after a trip to Utah and Arizona.  We stayed in late October, weather was very nice.  Both of the campgrounds are in the red rocks and most sites you get to park your rig or put of your tent right in them.  Some sites have electric service.  This was (in October 2018) all first come first served, and it is VERY POPULAR.  So, you have to wing it and show up and hope for a site, and this is after you pay to get into the park.  It was so worth the visit, the environment is picture perfect everywhere.  There are a ton of great hikes and if you take the road up past the visitors center you can hike “the wave” see photo below, and potentially see lots of big horn sheep, including males with the large head racks.  This was such a great visit, I hope to go again, and spend more time.

Brand new RV park close to freeway

This RV park is so new, construction is not done on some of the amenities like the pickle ball court and basketball court. That said, we were impressed with the roads (wide) and spots (33’ feet wide, 80’ long). Every site has 50 amp service. This park is truly big rig friendly. There is freeway noise, but during the summer, you can’t hear it when you have A/C on. GPS cannot find it yet, so call ahead to get directions. Reservation system allows you to pick your site ahead of time.

Amazing experience

Sites were nicely spaced and al had water. There were walking sites available also. Shower/ restroom lights were very dim so bring a headlamp or flashlight at night. Also be careful of wasps nest on the rock formations.

Red rocks and beautiful dunes

a short jaunt from las vegas. we took the scenic route through lake mead national park. drove out on a sunday and had sites a plenty to choose from. Loved the off grid camping with majestic rock formations surrounding our camp which felt like beach sand beneath our feat. secluded and spectacular.

PACK IN PACK OUT

Nice place but cold customer service

Nice place but cold customer service   Everything in this site is NOT ALOWED I understand we got to be clean neat and respectful of environment however this ppl exaggerated

Gem

This one fills up fairly quickly I went the first week of May 2019 I showed up around 10am and about 7 spot were open I set up a chair and payed for my spot. When I came back in the afternoon all were filled with many late comers making the rounds. The campground setting is neat with beautiful red rocks surrounding you. Bathrooms were clean and showers were available. Great state park with lots of fun hikes.

Successful camping trip

Nice site. Easy in and out. Close to the water. Store employees and park host nice and friendly. Pet friendly park. July camping is a little extreme. But spend the day by the lake and leave a/c running in trailer and you are good to good.

Review for dispersed camping

You can camp at the rv campground (I have not camped there)  there are also group site available that are not in the sand.   The rest of the camping is dispersed primitive camping.   You can bring your rv or a tent and find a spot near the water.   Keep in mind that you will be driving in sand and can easily get stuck.

Sandhollow state park is next to sand mountain sand dunes which makes the lake very popular for off road vehicles and can get noisy and dusty from them.

There is a store located at the lake that rents atvs, kayaks etc.

Its 25.00 a night for primitive camping there is water and a dump station available.

Flat, open great space for camping

This campground provides a great place for groups and a central location for a lot of awesome things in Southern Utah. Each campsite has a firepit and picnic table. Nearby you have the convenience of civilization (St. George), the fun of Quail Creek Reservoir State Park, the world-class beauty of Zion National Park, and more. Also, if you're like me, you'll appreciate the showers, toilets and porta-pottys. No trowel or packing out your used toilet paper required. Also, if you have the group/budget for it, there's a large enclosed pavilion with full kitchen.

Closed until aug 31 2019

Closed from April 8 - August 31 2019

Breathtaking Scenary

Good accommodations. Comfortable with great vistas. Restrooms and shower facilities very clean.

Picture Perfect

Spent two glorious days in the Park. Was able secure a camp spot and was very impressed with accommodations. Great recreational opportunities. Presented great photo opportunities.

The Best

A definite must. Very photogenic with great hiking and biking opertunities

Plenty of hikes and space

We camped down at a lower area just to make base camp, however all of this area is pretty similar so wherever you can find a decent spot to set up camp and there aren’t too many bugs. TAKE IT. I still think there’s bugs crawling on me at times.

We found a Joshua tree!

Hiking in here we were expecting to see a few Joshua trees but on the route we took we could only find one! However just up the road is the old road that takes you up through the Joshua tree park. We couldn’t find much shade so we ended up packing out early, and the bugs/ants were getting on our nerves. Not planning on coming back.

Quick, Easy, AWESOME

We pulled into the campground at 1am on our way from California to Colorado. Just $20 for vehicle entrance with camping included. Woke up to an amazing red rock landscape of varying heights and climbability. HEADS UP: Park in spot #8-10 because they are shaded longer into the morning! We woke up to scorching heat in spot #4.

Hidden gem

This is a tiny State Park that you can spend a couple hours, a day or a week exploring. Scenic drive is spectacular. Endless red rock formations and slot canyons to explore. I was here end of December, which is considered a popular time to camp here. It was busy. Comfortable camping. One of the campgrounds even has showers. Some really cool spots tucked deep in the rocks. My spot had a level gravel camping pad and a covered picnic table. Evidence of big horn sheep all through camp. Great hiking, views, petroglyphs, dog friendly. Hard to believe it's an hour from Vegas!

Simply amazing

Water falls are amazing! Tons of trail riding. Tons of great places to just camp where you park! Will visit again and again.

Great Campsite but Remote

We were heading to camp at Lake Mead last minute with no reservations and were nervous about getting a spot, but we showed up at Echo Bay on a weekend and there was practically NO ONE there…to this day I still have no idea why, maybe it was a bit early in the season.  Seems like it was pretty much just an overflow for those that did not get other sites, but it was totally fine to me.

Make sure to get a site under a tree with some shade.  All sites had restrooms, trash, and water nearby.

There is not a great place nearby to get groceries, so make sure to stock up beforehand.  There is a little convenience store at the site but pickings were very slim.

There's a boat ramp at the bottom of the road, and some nice places to walk/hike along the lake.

Only downside is that it is pretty remote and it was an hour drive to Hoover Dam and the main lake Mead recreation areas.

Very clean, well kept. Get there early before 9. They fill up very fast!

Beautiful views all around the campgrounds. Get there early, they fill up very very fast. I showed up at 9:30 and barely got a spot!  Completely worth the early showing though! And good price at $10 to get in the park and $10 to camp per night!