Vienna , MISSOURI

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Vienna Camping Reviews
Great for just popping through.

Great place for a place to stay near the lake of the ozarks attractions. Super close to big surf and not a bad drive from all the lake has to offer. But not a favorite for a trip focused more on hanging out at the camp site. Very hilly (though grade on the site wasn’t bad at all), pull through sites make getting in easy with larger rigs but all roads through are gravel and rutted so not the easiest. Sites close together without much in between. Nice large trees would offer some summer shade but still not much separation between sites. Water and electric at site. Small “dog park” (fenced in area) great for smaller dogs to run off leash and pretty large kid okay ground too. Overall we will stay here again but think of it more as bringing our own hotel to the lake rather than coming to enjoy the campground.

River views

The area was closed when we arrived. But from the looks of it, lots of good camping sites right along the river. Saw lots of grills and plenty of space between each site.

Meramec

Good camping, it was very quiet since it was only 1 other tent there. Nice clear spots for the tents.

Camping

Likes: Onondaga state park campground is one of my favorite camping spots in central Mo. The campground is very nice and clean and pads are level and all concrete with 50amp service and water hook ups. Very peaceful and friendly people. Dislikes: I’ve camped in a dozen sites at least there and never had a problem when it rained a little bit (rains ever time I go camping seams like!!) last week I stayed in site #65 and it sucked!!! The site has no run off and all the water collects on the concrete pad so there we sat. Walked out of camper and at least 2-3” inches of water stood on concrete pad with mud everywhere!! Finally after a day are so I couldn’t take it. ( I have 2 boys that wanted outside as well as myself) I went and bought shovel and started digging little ditiches so water would run way from camper.. With it being October it didn’t get real warm so the water was there for three days.. The one day it did get nice and sunny the yellow jackets and lady bugs where so bad that you had to watch every move you made.. The next day the camper was covered on the inside with lady bugs everywhere.

I will definitely return camping there but will avoid site #65

Hidden Gem

Absolutely hidden gem on the lake available for military (active/retired/DAV). Has full hookups, big rig friendly and has a large array of boats you can rent A little difficult to get to it and fairly far from towns but it’s worth it.

Adorable small campground along the Missouri River

Pulled into this cozy campground (probably no more than 50 sites) and had a great set up right on the river. We called around 8PM to inquire and then arrived around midnight and paid online. They had a cute stage for what looked like live music and a little tug boat sits in their boat ramp. Loved it here! We did hear there were showers but didn’t use them as we were in a rush to get on the road in the AM!

Really nice!

I rolled in about 1030 with my daughter and dog. Very well lit, very clean and very easy to get in and very secure with a ton of cameras. Also has a really nice dog area. Was a bit concerned if my power would be on since the place isn't manned by someone, but it was and since it was so well lit it was a fast hookup. Totally recommend this place!

Nice!

Close to the river. Area isn't very big which is nice.

Not so hot

Next to the hwy. so it's noisy. The river is nice here but a little walk to it. Does have a full bar!

My fav!