The best YURTS camping near
Shell Knob , MISSOURI

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Shell Knob Camping Reviews
Great spot!

This is a great campground. As with pretty much all KOAs there is a decent store, good customer service, a playground, a pool, etc. the bathrooms/showers were clean. We had a pull through site. There was a walking trail on property as well. Eureka Springs is a interesting little town with good restaurants and entertainment. Make sure to take the ghost tour at the hotel in town! The Onyx cave was pretty cool, but a bit overpriced. The only downside of this was the KOA had our reservation wrong and forced us to check out a day early. Make sure you confirm dates multiple times when booking by phone.

Just pretty close to perfect

‘‘This Campground has sections. The one group is the (Sentury) Indian, and the second loop is the Eagle Point Fox loop. We were at the Sentry loop. We liked site 71 in that loop. It offered the most space and was a full hook up. That is one of the best things about this campground. Several full hookups. Boat ramp was nice. Not great but ok for kayaking. Nice swim beach. Campground host we met was not very friendly or helpful.

So many great memories!

This was my 4 year old son’s FIRST camping trip. And it rained like CRAZZZYYYYY. But man we had fun! My wife is 29 weeks pregnant and she came too! Between fishing and canoeing and swimming and our hike… wow! The Carrick Creek loop was a little harder than anticipated… or it could just be that I’m out of shape. Either way. We can’t wait to get back out in the woods soon!

Bring on the Deet!

Had an awesome hike, more incline/decline than I was expecting for the area! The caves were closed off due to walkway damage. Loved the lookout over the Missouri River! One less fun but not trip ruining detail, were the ticks. I went in August and they were pretty bad, tons on our legs and on my dog just from the hike. Next time I'll be prepared with deet!

The Service Was Awesome

Every KOA I’ve stayed at has been wonderful. This was no exception. Customer service is not a lost art at this campground. The staff was prompt, attentive, and full of great advise. I could not recommend this campground enough!!

Lovely campground along creek, easy access, historic general store, showers

Beautiful area near the Buffalo National River. Lost Valley Canoe & Lodging has a yurt, campsites, cabins with hot tubs on the deck, bunkhouse, showers, allows pets, and is family owned. Loyal customers return year after year. Canoeing, kayaking, or hiking. LVC store has groceries, even organic, supplies, and friendly folks.

Branson get away

Only 4 miles from Branson, Table Rock Lake state park is a great place to stay. Most campsites are shaded, modern shower houses, nice blacktop walking trail 4 miles long, goes all the way to the visitors center at the dam, great for bicycles also. Plenty of things to do in this area if desired or lay back and enjoy the quite Ozark woods

Great Location, Ample Spacing, Various Options

Any stay at Table Rock State Park is a treat.   This park is one I have been staying at off and on since I was young so it has been great to see the park continue to grow and upgrade since that time.

Camping as a tent camper in the primitive areas I have noticed that the spacing has always been just enough along the outer loops.   In the more open middle areas it tends to get a bit more chaotic especially during weekends or holidays.    I tend to stay off on the rim of the loop, which is a bit further to walk to the restrooms, but is valuable in that no one walks around your site to get to another location.

All sites primitive and improved have common features with picnic tables and fire rings.   The improved sites have both 30 and 50 amp connections to choose from.   This is handy when your rig can run off the smaller voltage because you will save a few dollars by selecting the smaller connection site.

Bathrooms have come a long way since the older days.   What once was a daddy long leg haven with open showers only divided by shower curtains and cavernous and non climate controlled restrooms, is now evolving to a more individual shower and restroom area with door closures and better climate control and venting.   It no longer smells like mildew because the moisture is not stuck inside.

A path runs along the backside of the campground which you can travel along to access the water.  This path will allow you to walk from the marina to the Branson Belle and all the way to the Dewey Short Visitor Center to learn a bit more about the lake and its creation.    Along the opposite side of the highway you will find more than a few trailheads which are great for a little departure from the typical Branson experience.

When I visited this time the waters were very high on the main side of the lake making it impossible to enjoy the shoreline which had been swallowed by the overflowing banks. Instead, I traveled to the side which is less traveled and enjoyed some quiet retreat alongside some bass fishermen on the spillway side of the water.

Quite a difference in crowds as this area with access to hiking and relaxing was mellow. To access this area I suggest taking the last turn off across the road from the Dewey Short parking into a large parking lot with a view point of the dam.   From this point take the small side road which departs the parking lot and follow it down til it dead ends and there you will find a hiking access point and a wonderful trail to the water.

Lake Front

The state park is located on Table Rock Lake and offers 2 campgrounds. RV hookups and tent camping available. Each site has a picnic table, fire pit with grill cover and a paved area. Some of the spots are rocky so keep that in mind. There is also a bathhouse, fairly clean. While we were there we went to the Dewey Short Visitor Center which was really neat. There is also some hiking and a playground for the kids! Close to Branson, MO. I would highly recommend a tour of Dogwood Canyons while in the area!

Clean state park

Stayed here on a motorcycle trip in May 2018 and had some beautiful weather. The campsite was large with an asphalt path and a nice spot for my tent. First weekend in May and the park was pretty much full. My campsite close to the facilities. It was a nice state park campground, similar to all of the others in Missouri as far as amenities. Cell phone service and lots of walking paths. Close to lakes, the Arkansas border, and Branson was just 15 minutes away.