Coldwater , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent Coldwater Camping Reviews
Plenty to see and do

This is my neighborhood campground, so i might be a little biased. A great spot to spend the weekend with lots of good trails, a big lake for paddling and fishing, and quaint camp sites. The bathrooms are clean but have strong serial killer vibes. There used to be a pool here. I’d love to see that open again!

Quieter place to camp

Quiet place in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Memphis. Odorous, there is a water treatment plant close by. We parked the mobile apartment, grabbed an Uber, and went to Graceland.

PS. Uber’s will take you to the Casino at Southland, but they will not pick you up. You have to use a taxi service, which is auto $35.00 to take you across the bridge, back into Tennessee.

Pleasant place to Relax

May be I might have done camping very few time but, out of all this the best Camping site ever. Very pleasant environment, easy access to water body, clean restrooms and showers, electricity and water tap for every site.

Nice and Quiet

Aside from mediocre fire rings and an absorbent amount of weird centipede bugs, the site is well maintained and a great stay. Only a short walk from the beach and the bugs aren’t too bad. The campground is also very quiet which is ideal.

Out of the Way Serene Forest

Meeman-Shelby, north of Memphis, is a nice addition for your camping travels.  Very quiet with decent, if old, shower and toilet facilities. Lots of mosquitoes due to the forest surrounds so be prepared.  Some sites have dual levels so be prepared there, too.  Not much privacy between sites.

Nice hiking and camping

The campground is generally more expensive than the other surrounding camping spots in the area. However, the camp is very nice. It didn’t feel crowded, the restrooms are clean, and the views are nice, especially camps 36-45. There is also good amount of hiking around. There is a longer 12 mile hike close by, and other shorter more challenging and less challenging trails. There is also a lake near by.

Excellent, large campground on beautiful lake

My girlfriend and I tent camped here for one night. The campground is large and well-kept, with over 100 sites, and the sites are very spacious. Each has a table, water and electric hookups, a hook, and a tent pad. From what I saw, we were the only tent campers in the campground. We camped in site 64, which is near the lake and the bathrooms. The tent pad was covered in pine needles, making it nice and soft. The only complaint I have is that there is a very bright street light that stays on all night near the boat ramp, but I would highly recommend this campground. Enid Lake and its facilities appear to be top-notch.

Remote Feel Near Big City

I spent a night here in mid/early July and boy was it hot and humid. Bring bug spray! This is a small campground, just one loop, in a state park that’s conveniently located near Memphis. The facilities were not the cleanest I’ve seen but also not the worst. The only reason I noticed the lack of cleanliness and upkeep was because I visited during COVID-19. Because of when I was visiting the campground was the only part of the park open.

Nice for a short stay

This is a nice little campground for a few days stay. Conveniently located near downtown Memphis and Graceland. The road in through the industrial park area has a lot of potholes and train tracks, so go slowly. My site (30) was technically a pull-through but is really just parallel to the driving loop. There is a great hiking loop on-site, moderately challenging due to hills and a broken bridge. There weren’t many other campers there, despite it being a summer weekend. The camp host is friendly and drives by with firewood for sale. There’s no check in procedure, if you reserved a site just go to it and there will be a tag there with your name. If not, you can just pick a site with no tag and register in the morning, the ranger station closes at 4. Cell service wasn’t great with Verizon, but messaging worked okay.

I’m surprised that some people gave this campground bad reviews just because poor people live nearby. The campground itself is nice and secluded and I never felt unsafe. It’s not like there were people wandering in there from the town.