Alden, MINNESOTA

Most Recent Alden Camping Reviews
Lovely Campsite

We were passing through and needed a place to camp for the night. The camp hostess was so friendly and helped us get a perfect camp spot for our needs. Very quiet and clean. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Not bad

Mid September and nice and quiet. Site was right on lake. Campground provided potable water as our site had no water. Had 30amp service. Would go back.

Waterfalls, prairies and bison oh my!

Such a beautiful park with so much to offer, located practically downtown Mankato in a river valley, you get the delight of being 10 minutes from a great brewery!

The waterfalls are an easy walk from your car but the real treat is the bison range! When we visited the bison herd was right near the front gate so we didn’t even have to drive very far to have bison surrounding our car. But stay in your car! These bad boys can easily crush you so drive cautiously and respectfully!

Our campsite was very wooded but beautiful!

Very fun for kids

This is a nice park with a lot of activities for kids including a pool and jumping pad. The main park of the campground has people packed in pretty close. There a some spots that are more expensive with more space. I thought this place was a little high priced in general.

Great Park

Everything you expect from a state park.

Sketchy

My girlfriend and I drove through the park before we booked a campsite and I’m glad we did! It was rough. We did not spend the night even though there were plenty of openings.

A perfect getaway

Everything was beautiful. We camped for a week in southern Minnesota state parks, but this one is our favourite.

Great Stop Over

We got there right after a major thunderstorm that took out a lot of trees so the place looked ragged but it was a nice place.

The Internet was good.  It was a typical KOA and everything was kept up and clean.

They did have a $1 Sunday when we got there which was fun Ice Cream and topping for $1.  Then that night they had movies which was nice.  A great pool and play area for the kids.

Since we drove through the horrible storm we really did not want to get out and explore the area any more so even though it seemed to be great place to stay I don't know what is around the area.

I do know the people were friendly and nice and even after a major storm like that they were cleaning up and getting everything back to normal.

We will be coming back here as we cross MN again.

Great Campground

This is a great campground in Mankato, MN.  The sites are huge and offer water and electric.  The shower house/bathrooms were decent - a little outdated, but not too bad.  There was also a portable toilet near our site.  We wish there was sewer, but we understand that being so close to the river this may not be possible.  We will definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

First time here

It was a last minute idea to go and we were looking for something near Mankato. This was the closest we had found that had an open site! We were really glad we picked to go here! The sights where a little difficult to get into being we have a 42ft fifth wheel but when we did find the sight we could fit in it was level. The dump sight could use some work and there is no water hook up but we had a great time!

Whitefox Campground

This campground has a TON of sites!  There are close to 60 sites in all, about a third to half of those are electric sites.  If you like open spaces, this is a wonderful place to camp.

Beautiful, clean, and recently updated bathrooms and showers!

So much wildlife to see at this park.  Seeing large groups of deer was a daily/nightly thing!

The park has 20+ miles of hiking trails through prairies, woodlands, and along the lake too!  PLus the park offers geocashing (and free GPS rental), as well as canoes, kayaks, paddle boards, and a small fishing that can be rented!

A lot to offer here!

Amazing staff unbelievably clean

This was the cleanest campground I’ve ever been to. Well maintained and clean. There was a pretty bad storm that came through and the staff was quick to clean up downed branches and help all the folks who got damage.

I love this campground! Clean, well maintained, and the hosts are very friendly. Trail to the beach is clear, the playground has nice, safe equipment for the little kids. Sad that there were so many back up sites over the holiday weekend, would have liked to have been able to camp here. It being full more than a week before the holiday, shows how great it is.

Not my favorite

I prefer Clear Lake State park, but this was ok. We had lots of rain, and the sites got a bit muddy. The beach area was closed due to e-coli. Restrooms were clean, and always stocked.

Lots of room

Pull through sites, bathhouse was clean and showers were individual room with timed lights, motion sensors kept the shower interesting! Got to see turtles laying eggs and deer were all around. Family loved the fishing.

Great for Littles

This is a fun campground for young kids. It has a lot of things to do to keep them going all day. Clean bathrooms are a plus too. The one drawback, in my opinion, is that the lake it is right next to doesn’t have a beach for swimming. That was a little disappointing for me. Otherwise it is a fun campground resort & I will be heading back next year!

Good for the kiddos, office closes by 6 on weekdays

Pay close attention to times for activities here. Things start late and end early. Lots to do, and good overall. Some tlc is needed (mowing, weeds). Overall we would come back during the week for another fun time.

Nice campground, good trails

We got a last second site and stayed for just one night. The sites were great for tents and relatively shady, but an RV had some trouble in our loop and had to move to another site. Where we set up our tent was pretty rocky and hurt the feet when you stood barefoot in the tent even with an extra tarp, so be careful where you set your tent.

There is no swimming beach, but the ranger gave us directions to another beach nearby. Next time we visit we'll be sure to check that out. Early June is good as the bugs there aren't bad at all.

The trails were nice, wish we had brought our bikes to hit the Sakatah/Singing Hills trail, looked lovely! The fishing dock was fun for the little kiddos to visit.

Awesome camp ground

Pond is great and has a very nice sand beach!

Decent campground for the price

A decent campground. They have a pool with some water slides, an arcade, some fishing ponds, play equipment, a giant bouncy cushion and a couple of inflatable bouncy houses. My only complaints were that a fair amount of things were out of order and the place wasn’t very clean other than that we had a good time.

Decent campground for the price

Perfect Stop On a South Dakota RoadTrip

We pulled into this place at 2:00 AM so we weren't really able to see much of the environment. In the morning though we awoke to a beautiful park with good shade coverage from the trees. Our group only hammock camps so we were glad to see the abundance of trees between each camp slot. The only downside to this place was the gnats. Although not that bad we woke up with tiny bites on us. That being said if we would have brought a bug net or been in a tent we would have had no problem with them. Overall this camp site was a great place to stop while we were driving to the Badlands.

Very clean campground

Had a great time at Brookside over the Father’s Day weekend. Met the owners, super nice people. Very clean shower room and restroom. The porta potty by our site needed extra fluid, the owner was on top of it within 10 minutes. Held a bags tournament for all ages to enter and then teams were randomly picked. My partner and I won it. Definitely would go back here.

Big and Beautiful

Great campground. Family and friends get together a must here. Close to the beach, town and the lake has great fish. Reserve early!

Just enough trees

This is a state campground. So as most will know the sites could be better maintained. The bathrooms are updated and nice. When there is heavy rain you will however have your own pond at most sites. I guess you pay for what you get. I love this campground because they are large spots. Close to the beach and fishing is awesome. A big campground but reserve early!

Updated and Ready to Camp

This campground is huge! Has a big open spot for fun and games. Great fishing lake. A beach for the kids. Great family campground

Highly recommended family spot

Right off county road and next to the river. The bathrooms and shower facilities are very basic, but the showers are nice and warm. There is a great playground area and a horseshoe pit play area. There is a public access point to the river, adjacent to the park. Lots of big shade trees throughout the camp sites, perfect for hammocks. The spot is very quiet, according to all of our kids. There are electric camp sights camps available. Prices are very reasonable. If you like to wake up and walk a few steps to fish, canoe, paddle board or swim, then this park is a dream come true.

Nice

Great park for kids and for adults to relax. Decently priced.

Fun for kids

Definitely centered around kids. Very busy, pretty expensive…there is a required length of stay, so if u don’t have time or are not certain the weather will cooperate to get the most of your $ spent, I don’t recommend.

Pilot knob is AMAZING!

Pilot knob state park is a great place for a week long stay or just a few hours!

The camp ground is on the smaller side but it’s clean and there is a play ground! There is the town of Forest City just a few miles away and it has pretty much everything you need for a stock up for your next adventure!!