Camping in Prairie

145 Reviews of 21 Prairie, Michigan Campgrounds

Nora M.
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Amazing

The cabins are clean and nice, the view of the lake is beautiful. My 6 children had a great time here

Sitecabin
Shawn Z.
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Great destination

Great spot. Friend rented out two plots in the rustic campsites. The walk from the parking lot to the site was a bit of a hike but it was nice to be near the lake and not a bunch of cars. Great fire pit and place to place tents.

SiteC & D
EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2021

Best campground

This is our go to spot every year! We get the same site and we have the time of our lives while we’re here!

Clint The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Lots to do

There is plenty to keep you occupied at this campground. Full disc golf course. Trails for hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding. Basketball court and playground. Beach area for swimming and a pier for fishing. Sites were nice size. Some sites are pull through and many of the pads looked…

Bob B.
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2021

My Childhood are place

Ok, so I might be biased because this is where I spent my summers growing up. But I’ve never found another campground with such a great mix of secluded sites, but still opportunities to meet and party with fellow camper.

Endless hiking trails and two lakes where you can fish, swim, and boat.

If…

Jacob K.
Reviewed Apr. 4, 2021

Modern camping

If you like modern camp sites then it’s a great spot. A little too crowded for my tastes, but there are some good hiking and biking trails near by we enjoyed. Be careful what campsite you get though because flooding was a problem last time I was there. We got 2-4” of rain overnight.

sarah G.
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2021

Family friendly and fun

Super nice and relatively cheap campground with so many things to do! Love the back woods with trails for bike riding or a quick walk. :)

Ricky C.
Reviewed Mar. 28, 2021

Nice State Park

Nice beach but you have to walk a short distance to get there. Bathrooms are clean,paved roads and grass sites

B
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2021

Nice Campground

Nice place to stay, open sites, near the lake.

Reviewed Dec. 5, 2020

Mid michigan campground

This is a campground in Yankee Spring Recreational Area in Mid-Michigan. This is a nice rustic campground near the NCT(North Country Trail).

A
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2020

Private Sites

We stayed during very hot weather at the beginning of July 2020. I wanted to visit Potter Park Zoo so we choose to stay at Sleepy Hollow for a few days. Our site backed up to trees and I can't recall seeing our neighbors to the left or right. Because we didn't get any shade from the nearby trees we…

Private campground

This is a private campground on Thornapple Lake. There is not a lot of mature trees and the campsites are right next to each other.

Campground in Hastings

This campground is mostly for seasonal campers. It has a pool, campground, canoe livery, electric, water, and propane. Very attentive staff and polite.

5 stars for a City park

This is a beautiful city park but no camping is available as far as I can see. There are grills, picnic tables, trails, basketball courts, playgrounds and trails.