Camping in Muirs

79 Reviews of 9 Muirs, Michigan Campgrounds

Shannyn W.
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

Loved!

We had a site on the water where we could park our kayak. The trails around the lake are as beautiful as the lake and sandy beach.

S
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Firmly okay

The sites were VERY uneven, we had to call and get someone to bring us extra level blocks and we still weren’t able to get level. The sites are mostly dirt in the south campground with almost no grass. Bathrooms were very clean!

C
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2021

A little slice of wilderness in the siburbs

Always a great local retreat away from our hectic daily life. Don’t have to travel far to find some nature. Most sites generously sized, hookups available, clean restrooms. Nice updated playgrounds for the kids, trails to bike, planned activities on weekends. Only wish there was a swimming lake,…

Xi M.
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2021

beautiful

I think this is the prettiest campground I have ever seen. Lots of space and hills and trees.

c
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2021

Fun State Park

We had a great time visiting this park. The beach is nice and the fact that they have a concession stand makes it even more amazing! We would definitely return for the beach and it was a great trip because of great company. However there were a few down falls. Toilet paper was out in the women’s…

Lynn F.
Reviewed Aug. 19, 2021

Perfect

My sister and I have made a long weekend at Addison Oaks an annual event! Well kept, clean bathrooms, peaceful hikes. Just perfect.

Site163, 160
D
Reviewed Aug. 9, 2021

Beautiful spot, can’t enjoy it.

We booked 4 nights. Pulled into our spot to set up our pop up, and the people across from us had their music up as loud as possible. My husband couldn’t even hear my directions for backing up. We pulled out and got our money back after being told there were no spots available. The fact that they…

craig W.
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Great quit campground

The campground is very simple and still has all the basic features needed for your camping needs

Sitelot 11
k
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Amazing view but no beach

Loved this campground! Bathrooms and showers were cleaner than any state park I’ve ever seen. Hosts and staff were friendly and helpful. My friends and I however got bitten up by mosquitoes even with bug spray. I recommend tent camping should be done away from the water to avoid them.

J
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Toto I don't think we in Kansas anymore

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Other campers were also very friendly and helpful...We didn't get to experience much of the campground because we were only there long enough to set the camper up and really it wasn't even fully up when a tornado went through. Campground was basically not…

Corey O.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Nice sites close to home

Close to the house if I need a quick camping fix. Very clean restrooms and hot showers. The campsites on the hilltop used to be our favorite in the fall. They put cabins on them last year which for us is disappointing. Lots of trails throughout. Have even hiked in from the beach to camp for a…

Chris M.
Reviewed May. 8, 2021

Small and friendly

The smallest KOA we have been to but it was a nice change. The new owner helped us back into our site - he was very nice and enthusiastic. Pizza delivery on a rainy night was a nice touch. We will definitely come back when it is warm enough to swim in the lake!

David B.
Reviewed May. 6, 2021

Nice park

Really enjoyed having a site on the River and watching the ships.

Priyank S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 30, 2021

Very nice and well planned

Well planned and nicely maintained. Easy to find anchor points to camp. Great trails and kids friendly.

Enrique H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

Great place to camp

A lot of activities that you can do, while you are camping like fishing, swimming, kayak, trails, etc.

Camp area with fire pit, 120V power and clean bathrooms near.