the dyrt
Inkster, MICHIGAN
Most Recent Inkster Camping Reviews
Awesome wife and i on one trip

The second trip was even better with another couple that were long time friends very laid back relaxing

Amazing

The site was very clean, loved how big the showers were. Staff at check-in/out are very friendly.

Great location & service

My boyfriend & I were passing through the area and stopped here for 2 days without reservations. They were very accommodating and since we arrived after 7:30 pm, the office was closed but they insured us to pick a spot and we could get checked in the next morning. Bath houses were very clean. Everything well kept up. We enjoyed our couple days here! Wifi on site.

Large sites. Very flat.

It’s a wide open widely spaced campground. We go there every May for birding. There’s a lodge there, too, and large cabins. Bathrooms are nice.

A bit marshy

We stayed there in early May, we didn’t have reservations so they had three sites open. We took the driest spot we could find. The ground was soft and marshy. Other than that is was a nice place. Restrooms were great and they had nice showers. I would stay again but will make reservations as those sites were drier area of the camp ground

Parking lot

This campground was nice and well kept but BUSY. Every time I have been here it has been packed. There isn't much space between the sites so it kind of feels like you are on top of each other. I wouldn't come back here if I didn't have to. If you like more rustic camping, this place is not for you.

Very Open Campground - Not many trees

This campground was what we needed for squirrel hunting, however, it is very open and not very private. It is another one of those "parking lot campgrounds" where you can see all of your neighbors at all times. That being said, the park was very well kept and quiet at night which was nice.

Family campground

If what you're looking for is family fun, you can find it here! However, if you are like me and like more rustic camping, this is not the place for you. The sites are very close together and you can see all of your neighbors. It's what we like to call "parking lot campgrounds." There are plenty of activites for families and children like kayaking, bounce house, and disc golf.

Private sites

This campground is my FAVORITE in Oakland County. The sites aren't super far away from each other but there are trees between sites so from most of the sites you can't really see your neighbors. The camping loops also link to a one mile trail which will lead you to the beach if you like hiking!

Clean, comfortable and on the St. Clair River

The the campground is relatively flat, many spaces to choose from, very catering to RV and travel trailer. They do have a primitive area for tent campers. The bathrooms are absolutely beautiful. The staff very helpful, activities planned during many weekend throughout the year. Rates are wonderful and who wouldn't like to wake up staring at the st. Clair River

Overall, a very nice campground with a handful of lakes and a variety of si

Overall, a very nice campground with a handful of lakes and a variety of sites. They offer very reasonable weekly and monthly rates. It seems as though most campers are seasonal residents making it difficult to get a decent apot for weekend campers.

Gorgeous

Lovely area and beautiful lake

Fun campground

All the amenities of home but feels like you are away from it all

Perfect quick get away

Nice and quiet! Perfect weekend or week long get away

Nice & quiet

We stay here every year when going to the renaissance faire.

Dirty Campground with Racist Owners, Why do you think it starts with Kamp?

If you are not lily white, don't show up at the Irish Hills KKKampground, they will call the cops on you for any reason.

The owner is rude, doesn't care about anything but your money. Lost her mind.

Nice

Clean shower,. Spot little close , not alot for kids beside swimming

Nice place

Nice quite camping. Something gti di with kids dairy.bathroom ok

Nice clean

Was great for a state park. Lots where we'll spaced. Bathroom clean. Need bigger beach

Great, clean private campground with easy access to the state parks.

This was our first time staying here. Great private campground with rustic, elec, water/elec (30 amp), and concrete pad sites. Very clean campground with nice shower house. Owners are very friendly. Direct connections to the Waterloo Pinckney trail system. Near Hell, Michigan and Chelsea, Michigan. Large pool in season. Priced reasonably.

Perfect campasite to explore surroundings with your Mountain Bike!

We loved the trails for Mountain Bikes that are close to the Campsite! They are super fun!! 🚴🏼‍♀️🤙🏻

Lots of fun things to do around! 🎣🚤🚴🏼‍♀️

I really recommend to rent a fishing boat and spend the day at Harsens Island! 🚤🎣☀️

Super friedly Staff
  1. The Staff at the shop is really kind and definitely make you feel like at home. And also, they have the best cherry ice cream I’ve tried in my life! 😍😍
Perfect for the whole family

What started as a little get away turned into not wanting to leave! A swimming pool and playground with basketball court to keep my kids entertained and clean facilities convinced me I had made the right choice. As an added plus a horse barn (Heavenly Horse Stables) right on property offering riding lessons, trail rides and meet and greets with their houses and other barn animals, my daughter wanted to move here. Other perks to this campground: Openings to Pinckney State trails right on property and all sorts of lakes, parks and small town downtown areas for food and shopping nearby, H.C.R.C. was a hidden gem.

With multiple camping styles

There are multiple camping opportunities with a variety of camping styles. Yurt rental, to hike-in rustic sites, there's good camping for anyone. A 35 mile hiking trail runs through the entire area with small day trails branching off to points of interest, all with corresponding camp sites. It has good isolation, but not far from creature comforts either.

Nice sites lots with lots of shade

The campground has roomy lots with shade trees on most. They have a nice pool and pond. The campground is old and restrooms could use updates, but it is clean and family friendly.

Great family getaway

I take my family here every year. Electrical hookup for my TT and potable water fill-up and waste dump available. Great beach with swimming on the no wake lake and some good fishing all around. Hiking trails well maintained and marked. DNR has kids programs on weekends too. I stay at the North campground (more rustic) but there South is nice just a little more like an RV park atmosphere.

Great backpacking site an hour away from Detroit

Hiked the complete potawatomi trail (18 miles) great site for lakeview but #3 looked to be the best with swimming access. Heard the party at the lake house across the lake but wasn't too bad, just not the Backcountry experience. Trail was very well maintained however keep your head up as there are many mountain bikes on the trail. Great place to train and get your trail legs as well as test out new gear. Overall great place near home.

Good family campground

This is a larger state park with full size sites for RVs. There is electric on each site along with fire rings and picnic tables.

Some good spots have some shade to stay out of the sun. The beach is pretty good for swimming.

The bathrooms are clean and the showers were warm.

Great Family Campground

This is a nice place to camp if you dont mind the bigger parks. There is electrical on each site and is mostly a place for campers and RVs. There are fire pits and picnic tables at each site. It is usually easy to get multiple sites next to each other with reservations.

There is a decent sandy beach here with a playground and volleyball net. Also in the park are some small dirt trails for hiking and biking. There are enough loops here to go for walks as well.

Most of the sites are in the sun, but there are a few sites with more shade and tree cover.