The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Principio , MARYLAND

Camping Maryland Principio Standard (Tent/RV)

LIMITED TIME OFFER Try Pro Free for 3 Months

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Principio Camping Reviews
Expensive for the off season

We stayed here in the off season while there was snow on the ground. Arrived late (8pm) and only stayed the night. We pulled through, hooked up, slept and left early the next am. For what we utilized this place for it was over the top expensive at $72/night. Check in was easy and self-directed. We are not KOA members. Looked as though there were many monthly and/or seasonal renters here. We didn’t explore any facilities to comment. During the season when the amenities could be used I understand having to spend that kind of money for a site and obviously would’ve been more worth it had we arrived early. We called a few other places in the area but nothing was as convenient nor open with an availability so we just stopped here. It was quiet, couldn’t hear any cars from the highway and the other guests were all respectful. Just ok…

Nice and dated

It was probably an amazing park 30 years ago. The creek was really nice. Sites were good size and ours had a patio. Had a fair amount of amenities for kids.

Family Campground

Great family campground with plenty to do.

Excellent value

Well maintained, easily accessible place. Great outdoor area around it. 5/5 đź‘Ś

Scenic and quiet escape

Clean and well kept grounds, quiet atmosphere. Lums is very small and can be hard to get a weekend reservation. Campground is a short trail walk to the lake for fishing. On the other side of the lake there’s boat rentals and a zip line. Lums is one of favorite, however there isn’t much to do in the surrounding area.

Private sites

Stopped over for a night on a drive, good cell service and lots of foliage between sites keeps them pretty private. Plenty of space, picnic table, fire ring, basic bathroom facilities.

My favorite spot!

I camp there multiple times a year! It's dog and family friendly, close to resources, but far enough that it's quiet and feels remote! No cell signal in the campground so the family is forced to disconnect. I absolutely love it!

Weekend getaway

Nice for a quiet weekend.

Solo Tenter- winter trip

Great location for a tent setup, especially since I’m new to winter camping. The site facilities were near my site and I felt comfortably spaced from other sites although that can also be attributed to choosing a corner space. There were a few other campers, mostly RV, but that didn’t detract from the beauty or experience of tent camping. Only wish I could have stayed longer to fish!

Great spot for a state park!