Cresaptown, MARYLAND

Camping Maryland Cresaptown

Most Recent Cresaptown Camping Reviews
So far my favorite

So far, I would say this was one of my favorite campsites along the canal to stay at. It’s very large, and if you stay down closer to the river, it’s very peaceful, and a beautiful site to wake up to.

One of my favorites

This is one of my personal favorite sites on the canal to camp at. That being said, it is pretty close to a road, so a little bit of seclusion. I personally like trains, and railroads in general, but if you don’t, I think this was one of the noisiest campsites in terms of trains. (Maybe it’s was just the night I stayed) There was a train that was starting and stopping on the bridge that’s right next to the campsite all night. Each time it started and stopped it made quite the loud noise. I enjoyed it, but could see how most people would not. The sites around here are beautiful, though. Waking up next to the river is always a plus.

Secluded, yet not.

I’m an avid train fan, so I actually really enjoyed this campsite, however, if train noise is a problem for you, there’s a bit of it happening here. Otherwise the campsite was very cozy, and just enough secluded for comfort.

Beautiful area, nice natural features, great hiking and biking

I'm a huge fan of this park. I came on October 1, and the leaves were just starting to change color. I think that, had I come in the middle of summer, I would not have been so happy with how close the other campsites are. If it was more crowded, I would have given it a lower rating. Everything else is great! There are beautiful hiking trails, a lake with swimming/boating/fishing, many small streams, a pretty waterfall, and gorgeous trees everywhere.

Peaceful

Great place been camping there starting on my 4th yr in may of 2020 friendly events throughout the yr and mostly quiet

Lovely rustic cabins by a crick

My family has been camping here for generations. There are charming rustic cabins, toilets and showers nearby. Outdoor spigots for water. They’re all right next to a shady crick, near a sliding rock, and some nice hikes. Great spot for kids.

Beautiful creek side camp, but close to road and train tracks

Pros:

• 12 mile bike ride on the C & O Canal trail into downtown Cumberland, MD
  • Beautiful creek-side camping spaces

Cons:

• Close to Route 51, so there is a lot of traffic noise
  • Close to train tracks, so there were a few trains passing in the night
Beautiful nature. Not so beautiful bathrooms.

Pros: Very friendly and accommodating staff. We camped in October and we had pretty much the entire place to ourselves. Beautiful lake and overall picturesque setting. Free range, friendly goats wander around, which is kinda fun. Cons: WiFi signal weak and intermittent, even close to router. We camped in sites with hookups near office and entrance and the toilets are really far. The showers are even farther-like a 15-20 minute walk with bad signage directing to. The view from the showers were breathtaking, but the showers themselves left much to be desired. We had told they had just been cleaned, but they were so old and rust stained that it still felt kinda gross. Cobwebs along ceiling, dim lighting and worn paint added to the overall dinginess. There are no hooks to hang a towel and no shower curtain, wall or door so the bench with my clothes and towel got wet as did the floor, so you step out of shower into a puddle.

Awesome Place

Right on the river! Plenty of room for Big 5th wheels the lower sights are a little close but nothing terrible. People are very friendly. You can float the river from old fields right to your camp! Full hook ups very clean. Price is right too. Great weekend place.

Great park near biking and hiking and rafting!

Awesome campground right on the Great Allegheny Passage trail. We loved being able to access the GAP trail right from the campground. We were there in November with plans to visit Fallingwater. This campground was the perfect location for both activities! Our Sprint hotspot didn’t work well (unboosted), but our Verizon did. The water hookups weren’t working at the time, but we were able to connect in Cherry Loop and fill our tank. The campground was really nice and really empty in November when we were there. In the summer I bet this place is packed. We would love to visit again in peak season! We also really enjoyed nearby Falls City Pub.