Roanoke, LOUISIANA

Most Recent Roanoke Camping Reviews
Would have given a 5 but...

Perfect for families! Many trails for hiking and places to bike. Also fishing galore! The site we had was #12 , beautiful the first day, then the rain came! Our picnic table was under water! Amenities include a playground, basketball court, bath house (which wasn't open due to the Covid virus), water and electricity. 2 dump stations.

Super Nice Place

We enjoyed a weekend without RV backed p to the pond.  Cement lots with fire circle of metal.  Be careful though in picking your spots because some are in the way back and have no trees, which could be brutal in a Louisiana summer.  Nice playground for kids, mini-golf, and clean laundry mat.  There is a great cajun meat shop at the entrance to the RV park.  Lots of trees and shade at our location.  Would have given it five stars, but too close to the highway, so lots of road noise.

Staff Attitudes have improved w/corona virus

We haven’t seen the woman with the bad attitude. We have dealt with a slightly older lady who is named Kim and she is very professional yet personable! We’re enjoying a 3 day stay. Campers are spaced apart to maintain social distance yet everyone is still being civil and polite.

Dirty Campground

I'm not one to give bad reviews frequently. And hopefully things have changed. But, back in 2016, this was one of the worst and dirtiest campgrounds we have ever stayed at. It wasn't dirt like normal outdoor activity dirt. It was dirt like the bathroom hadn't been cleaned in a year.

One of the best, cleanest campgrounds ever

We stayed in 2016 and it was one of the best and cleanest state park campgrounds we've ever stayed at. Complete with free laundry!

Perfect weekend getaway

Don’t know why I’ve never heard of this place before but it’s amazing. Rustic mom and pop place tucked away in a country setting right on the water. We had a waterfront view and hated to leave to head home. Staff is so nice and accommodating!!! Will be back!!!

Great place if you're a heavy sleeper

The campground is located on the intracoastal waterway, just under a bridge. The sign says $4 for tents but the caretaker said it's $6 (still a bargain). He let us pay $4. Several of the sites had sheltered tables which was perfect for us since rain was in the forecast. The only problem was we were right on the water and near the bridge and my husband didn't sleep well with the traffic and boat noise. (I had a great night's sleep.) If you are a light sleeper I'd suggest a campsite away from both the water and the bridge. The showers were hot.

Nice spots and river walk

$20 for site with hookups plus $3/person/night. The sites are level with adequate spacing. Showers are clean and hot but pressure is lacking. They are the push kind so you must continually press to keep the water running. The river walk from the campground is really nice. Office is helpful and kind.

Nice Park

This is my return visit to this park I truly love coming here.

Great relaxing place

Rustic RV park located about 5 miles from I-10. Three big stocked fishing lakes. Private lakes so no license needed. Big club house with commercial kitchen. Full hookups and concrete pads.