Camping in Horntown

331 Reviews of 35 Horntown, Kentucky Campgrounds

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Love the views

Baileys Point Campground didn’t disappoint! The sites are spacious with paved or gravel sites available, picnic tables, fire rings and clean restrooms. There are lake view sites and lake front sites. There are inlets where you can tie off your boats. The cell signals are good, we have Verizon! …

SiteA07
Evan G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Needs some love

The camp ground itself isn't bad. I don't think it's quite up to the usual KOA standards. Bathrooms were centrally located which was fine unless you're tent camping on the outer edge. The shower curtains were moldy and the bathrooms seemed a little run down, but everything functioned well.

Some…

FThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Great place

We spent a few days at Wax while heading home. It was quiet, even with all the boat traffic and kids. Lots are gravel and decent size. The area surrounds Lake Nolan, which is an added bonus. The water was warm and calm. It is off the beaten path and you are about 30 min from a grocery store, so…

SiteA-20
FThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Beautiful on the water

Don’t expect anyone to greet you at the ranger station. It is unmanned. Sites have your parking pass clipped to the post. Gravel, mostly flat, pads with lots of shade trees. Very quiet. Sits on Lake Nolan, which is huge. Loved paddle boarding in the early morning before the boat traffic got going.…

SiteA-20

Nice trip

I like the pretty lots, that were mostly flat for camping. Siri so beautiful I will come back again and again!

Beautiful camping trip

I’ve stayed all over the mammoth cave area and this is a beautiful place to stay as well. I keep coming back because it’s so pretty!

Loved this camping area!

I love camping in this area! Mammoth caves is so beautiful every time I camp there I see deer running through my camping site. It’s so beautiful I will come back again and again!

Love this area!

Mammoth cave area is so beautiful - definitely take the tour through the caves and check out the history and the artists  that are selling things all over the area.

Jason N.The Dyrt PRO User

Ok

Campground was OK. 3 different loops with nicely spaced out shady sites. Really not much to do unless you're taking cave tours or hiking.

SiteB16
D
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Peaceful

Great campground. Wooded and water sites available

Siteb18
Hilary A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Beautiful, forested campground

I’ve been camping at OBannon Woods for 25+ years. The campground is large, mostly shady and very well-kept. Bathhouses feel luxuriously clean and large compared to most campgrounds. There are multiple play areas for children and beautiful hiking trails within and around the campground itself.

Sitemultiple sites
Month of VisitNovember
a
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Very nice lots of trees and pond

Lots of trees and a nice fishing pond. The bathrooms were clean. Very affordable. We checked in late and left early so we didn’t get to see the little store. When I called to make a reservation the lady was very nice and helpful.

Sitenumber 35
Yondering R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Kids LOVED it

Several pools to choose from, plus a beach and water obstacle course—our kids thought they’d found paradise! The bathhouses were clean, if not the newest we’ve seen. Close proximity to Mammoth Cave. Don’t miss the Amish bakery/cafe nearby!

Scott W.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Golf Cart Silliness

5½ mph speed limit does not apply to golf carts. As a campground that rents them out, you would think they would restrict their equipment to follow their set speed limits

M
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Buzzard Roost Indiana

It has been a wonderful experience. My only complaint in the little black fly like bugs in the bathroom building (toilet pit). Other than that and the rain, it has been relaxing.

• our home for the weekend.
Site#3