Auburn, KENTUCKY

Most Recent Auburn Camping Reviews
Beautiful view! Nice site.

Site D-11 couldn’t get much better view. The walk down to the lake is short, kind of steep and rocky but easily manageable. The site is decent sized and not far from the bath house through the woods.

Long term camping

Very good camp ground.good staff and very clean and quiet.

Accommodating

We arrived after hours and were told we could stay in a site, and in the morning they would find us an open campsite. Although it rained we still had a great experience at the campsite, hiking and caving.

Great resort campground

Loved it here, staff was friendly, sites were beautiful, facilities were very clean and couldn’t find anything wrong.
Only issue was the campstore was lacking in some of the basics, no burger or hot dog rolls, no eggs, etc…

“Customer service is not lost!”

I' m happy to say this is a family business who still understands the value of the customer experience. This is a great location(right off I-65) to explore all the Nashville area has to offer with convenience to downtown Nashville, the historic Franklin, TN community, and many other attractions…and if self exploring is not your thing the campground offers tour opportunities galore. The campground offers all the amenities you would expect in a commercial campground: very clean bathhouses, propane, convenience store, level spaces, full hook ups, wi-fi, escort to the site plus several things that weren't unexpected: restaurant dining, live free(good) entertainment nightly and some of the most pleasant staff we have encountered. The spaces are close together; however this seemed to be part of the character of the park…the pleasantries seemed to spread from the staff through the other RV'ers.

Good place by Mammoth Cave

We stayed here for spring break to visit some caves. We had a good time. We rented a golf cart for a day just for fun. The store was big and new.

Loud for tent campers

We are new-ish to camping and were directed here by the nice lady at Lock A once we were told the first come first serve sights were taken and this place had one sight available. The grounds are well kept and the showers are very nice. We pitched our tent on comfortable ground and were serenaded by the sounds of trucks coming down the bridge overhead with their jakes on at night. Bring earplugs if you are in a tent. Nice staff at checkin and cleaning crew very thorough.

Wonderful park

This park was great and the camping in the park was also very nice. The park had free self guided tour the day we went, which was awesome! They have other guided tours as well, that take you to different parts of the cave. The ice cream at the gift shop was delicious after a hike also!!

Such a great NP campground

I loved this campground. It was in the perfect location for exploring the national park. The spots were very spacious and nice! The bathrooms were well maintained and clean. I would return to this campground. There was a camp store and showers right outside the campground, in walking distance.

Awesome campground

Awesome campground. Great views of the lake from sites, very clean bathrooms. Sites each have a fire ring, nice picnic table, and extra “cooking” table that was an added plus. Lake is perfect for swimming, boating, or kayaking

Nice campground for medium to small campers

Very accommodating hosts. This must be a very old campground because the sites are short (most of them) and the roads are narrow with some sharp curves, not made for the longer campers made these days. The best sites by the lake are almost all basic no electric sites, which kinda sucks! But they are cheap enough to get as a second site to park your boat or fish.

Beautiful Park

This was our first time staying here, but it won’t be our last. We loved the quaintness of the park, the sites are very roomy and flat. We loved being close to the water as well. The trail system in the park was great and we put in over 14 miles of hiking there. The staff was very friendly and helpful!! I would definitely recommend this park to friends and family. We can’t wait to come back

Hidden Gem

We went in March and it was chilly! But a great spot for backcountry hiking and camping. We did not see anybody on the trails or on our site! If you want privacy, this is it. We camped at First Creek 1 backcountry site. The caves tours are an amazing experience that I recommend you plan in your itinerary. an 11 mile hike near our camp site has a beautiful little creek and waterfall at the end of the trail.

Shady and peaceful

Fantastic campground with lots of trees. Clean and well maintained this was the best campground I've been to in a long time I went twice in a month. Buy cave tour tickets online before you go as the tours do sell out. If you have kids do the junior ranger program.

Very Nice Campground

We like this campground for its beauty and it’s size. Pros: Swimming beach very nice Quiet campground Clean facilities Nice size lake with canoe, paddle board rentals Great kid environment Easy access from Interstate Paved sites

Cons: Sites are very sloped. Worst I’ve ever seen. Major drawback to this campground. Beach is free to public so very crowded and some elements are not family friendly. Prices are higher than most campgrounds. Camp site sizes are small and difficult to navigate.

Summary: I’m really surprised that all sites were paved with such bad slopes. If the state would come back in and level the sites then pave this would be a jewel. Also, charge a fee for beach access to control the rowdy’s from taking over the beach.

Overall a beautiful park that is one of my wife’s favorites.

Awesome!

This campground is amazing! Great sites, and lots of things to do for the kids. Lake access too.

Nice campground, small sites

Cute little campground with lots of tree cover, not too noisy despite the close proximity of neighbors. Great access to the caves.

Beautiful and fun park!

We had a great time at Mammoth Caves! The tour of the cave was one of the coolest activities we’ve done camping. Very unique and memorable! The caves are VERY cold so I was miserable without a sweater. But very much worth doing!

Fun, clean, quiet

This campground was very convenient for those visiting the Nashville area, its just off the highway and they offer shuttles for a fee to downtown and opryland. The check in process was quick and simple, the staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. Our campsite was easy to find and very clean. The shower house was one of the best I've seen mostly because it is air conditioned. The showers are all very private and clean with plenty of room. The waterpark is just steps away, I would suggest not eating food within the park it is over priced and not very tasty, go to the marina restaurant or eat at your campsite. They have a dog park to exercise your dogs and you can't beat the views. I would recommend this campground.

Very dirty

Not much shade there. Bathrooms were gross, I also told the front desk. Front desk very friendly. Roosters crow before it was daylight. Probably will not go back.

Very dirty

Bath house wasn't clean

Sites were Okay. Bath house wasn't really big enough and not kept very clean.

Big campground, lots to do for summer

Good campground. They have a huge lake with blow up activities on it, several pools, splash pad, jumping pads, playgrounds, activities, etc. oh, and Yogi and friends, which are the kids most favorite part. Campground it’s self is typical for no state parks. All gravel, hilly, not level, little shade if any. I prefer state parks for camping, but if you want some fun stuff to do with the kiddos, a trip to a jellystone once a year is great. This one has more to do than others. Not as many planned activities as others we have gone to, but pretty good.

Quiet Peaceful Campground by Cheatam Lake & Dam

We loved our site 32 which was fully shaded all day long which was great in August given the heat and humidity. We hiked the Bicentennial Trail (13.3 miles long from start to finish) which was also shaded and with geocaches. We went with our 2 dogs and 2 kids. The boys loved the playground and the dogs appreciated the cool breeze and shade of our site. We were close to the boat ramp which made access to the water easy. There is a nearby lock and dam with another playground in walking distance. We had a fire ring, a wooden picnic table, a concrete picnic table and chairs as well as a grill. Folks were quiet and friendly. I would highly recommend it and would visit again.

Very nice!

Great experience all around. Clean, quiet. My sister and I had a wonderful stay and plan to return. She accidentally locked her keys in her car and the kind park rangers helped her get the door unlocked. Can’t wait to go back!

Wanderlust

I would plan for more time our next visit.   There are so many different cave tours.   We stayed in the cabins.  Nice area and the cabin was very clean with comfortable beds.   The ranger program for the kids is nice and they receive a badge when completed task in the book.  The park area was nice.   We saw deer 🦌 all evening.   No complaints.

All about the kids

The park was all about the kids.   Events scheduled through out the day.  Plenty of activities including play grounds, jump pillows, pools, bikes, crafts, a lake, and splash pad.   The restrooms are clean and I never had to wait.   Laundry on site.   My son LOVED it.   All the campers kids played and had the best time.

Great!! Clean and fun!

Love this camp ground. Stayed in a cabin with Girl Scouts. Staff was friendly and helpful. Activities can be some what of a distance from each other, they do have golf carts to rent.  Pool was nice, gift shop and snack bar were great. Food was good. Shower house was clean. Over all great trip here. Loved swimming in the lake area!

Family time

I can’t wait to go back?

Nice

Not very many shaded spots