Nature

About This Campground

State Park

Add Campground Info

• Drive In
    Park next to your campsite
  • Walk In
    Park in a lot, walk to your campsite

Stay Connected

• 4
Lee D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2021

Nice option in southern Illinois

General: I was a bit apprehensive about this state park because it did not take reservations, so we made sure to arrive by 11 am but we had no reason to worry – compared to other Illinois campgrounds we visited on this trip, this one was almost empty on a Wednesday in mid-October. Steve, the…

• View of the Ohio River from the mouth of the cave
  • View from inside the cave
  • Site 24
Month of VisitNovember
Jim L.
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2020

Cave -in -Rock

I have been coming here for a really long time. My parents always brought me and my two younger brothers here since we were very young and I’m 64 years old now. We would buy fresh caught catfish right here and have a great picnic with all the trimmings. I just love it here. Now me and my wife and…

Chris Y.
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2020

Nice basic campground

The sites are decent size. It can be a bit of a walk to the bathroom. It does have a restaurant and small store on site. Can spend a large portion of the day hike to the cave and other little trails. If you are coming from the south you will have to take the ferry across the river. Sometimes there…

• Cave in Rock

Cave-in-Rock State Park is located in Illinois

Directions

To reach the park from the northern parts of Illinois, proceed south on I-57 exiting at Marion, IL, on highway 13 east. Go east through Marion and Harrisburg to the intersection of Illinois 1 and 13. Turn south 22 miles on highway 1 to Cave-in-Rock State Park. From the south, take highway 90 from Marion, KY., and cross the Cave-in-Rock ferry and follow directional signs to the park entrance. From the southeast take I-24 west from the I-24 bridge to exit #16, then go 38 miles east on Illinois highway 146 to the park. From Southern Indiana, proceed through Evansville, IN traveling West on highway 62 and Illinois highway 141 to Illinois Rt. 1, then go south 36 miles to Cave-in-Rock State Park.

Coordinates

88.16180718 W

Open in Google Maps

Nearby Campgrounds

About This Campground

Connection Details

We rate connection speeds from campers like you who submit speed tests with Field Reports.

• Good- 10+Mbps

Campers can make calls and send texts & emails, watch an HD movie, play multiplayer games, and more.

• Fair- 3Mbps-10Mbps

Campers can make calls, send texts & emails, video chat, stream video, and play online games.

• Poor- 0Mbps-3Mbps

Campers might be able check email, send texts, and make calls.

• Available-

Campers have been able to connect here but we don’t know the quality of the connection.

• Unknown-

Connectivity is not known for this campground.