Westwood Station , GEORGIA

Most Recent Westwood Station Camping Reviews
Great place

We go to camp here at least twice a year. Despite the crazy traffic in the capitol city, there are many restaurants with good food nearby.

One of my favorites

We tent camped at Amicolola in early May 2020…ir was cold one night but we built a great fire in the firepit which kept us warm.The camp sites are spacios gravel and fenced.I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the park and the amenities, the restrooms were very well kept and the park manager was gracious. They have a water fall and several trails leading dow to a well stocked pond. My grandson caughed dinner…yum. I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and plan to go back.

Wonderful Lake Lanier

This is a wonderful easy access multi sited campground. Boat ramps and lots of trees. Good beaches and lots of room in between sites.

Wonderful view

Park is wonderful, can be overcrowded. Surrounding area can be a bit rundown

Awesome views

We camped here for 3 nights and will definitely be back. We were in the red section because I thought it had more views and ambiance. We were in a lakeside site and the mountain and the lake was simply beautiful. The site was tight and a little scary to back in as we got there after dark. The drop off was steep at the back of the site. But we managed and was glad we picked it. We did not use the bath house so can’t review those. We were there to visit our daughter in Decatur so we didn’t spend nearly enough time at the park. But next time we will! The WiFi was okay but not great. I’m sure it fills up in the summer as it is a great place to take your bikes or simply walk.

Historic park with great hiking and mountain biking trails

This is just under 2 hours from midtown Atlanta. The setting is lovely and I am sure it's a 'must see' during the leaf changing season as most of the forest is mature hardwoods. We had a pull through site overlooking the lake. The restroom facility closest to our site was closed but there was another facility a short walk away. It was a cold weekend so the heaters in the restroom buildings were very much appreciated.  About half the campsite was full so it was very quiet and relaxing. There were an abundance of birds in the area (for you bird watchers). We did the hike to the Fort and Fire Tower from a nearby parking area. It's a relatively easy 30 minute hike up.  There is a longer more challenging hike from the campsites but we were not up for that this trip. We had one dog with us, so I'd say this place is very dog friendly. Apparently there is a lot of black bear activity in the area but we did not see any this time. *Interesting fact: black bears do not hibernate like other more northernly bears so be informed and aware.  We will absolutely return to this wonderful park. Read more about the wonderful parks built during the 1930's and 1940's with the support of President Roosevelt and the "CCC" (Civilian Conservation Corp.) at:

Absolutely one of the best

The title says it all. The grounds are excellent. Plenty of spots. Water, electric, sewer, primitive sites, cabins, drive thru, back ins, lake front, golf, stone mountain itself, washer/dryers, store, etc. Wow! Will definitely be back. We parked with a 41’ motorhome by the lake for 2 nights and absolutely loved it.

Has it all

RV/tent camping and cabin rentals. Campsites had wifi and pretty good tv signal. There's also a lodge/hotel on site with a restaurant, with gorgeous views overlooking the valley below. Camping sites are spaced well apart with electric, water and fire rings. The campgrounds also feature a bathhouse and laundry.

Begin your Appalachian Trail journey here with 604 steps to the top of a beautiful waterfall.

Great place

We’ve used this campground few times passing through. It’s a great midway point for us. Friendly nice staff and after hours box for late arrivals. Will be back for sure.

Overlander finally pitched a tent

I stopped into Atlanta for a few nights and wanted a covid-safe accommodations and a spot to hike and shoot photography. Sweetwater Creek camping was sort of primitive camping in a city setting. You could definitely hear traffic going by the camp site as a thoroughfare runs through the park. The bathroom facilities and shower were among the cleanest I’ve seen on the road and the hiking was really great. Not busy at all in the early AM. Kudos to the camp host and staff. Although I always prefer sleeping in the back of my Land Cruiser, I’d pitch a tent and definitely stay again for a couple nights in the future.