Westwood Station , GEORGIA

Camping Georgia Westwood Station

Most Recent Westwood Station Camping Reviews
One of my favorites

We tent camped at Amicolola in early May 2020…ir was cold one night but we built a great fire in the firepit which kept us warm.The camp sites are spacios gravel and fenced.I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the park and the amenities, the restrooms were very well kept and the park manager was gracious. They have a water fall and several trails leading dow to a well stocked pond. My grandson caughed dinner…yum. I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and plan to go back.

Wonderful Lake Lanier

This is a wonderful easy access multi sited campground. Boat ramps and lots of trees. Good beaches and lots of room in between sites.

Great views of Chattahoochee

Wonderful walks, good fishing most of the year. Can be heavily used at times.

Wonderful view

Park is wonderful, can be overcrowded. Surrounding area can be a bit rundown

Peaceful wonderland

This campground is easy to access off the I-75. With some shopping close if the case is needed. The grounds are clean and the beach accesses to the lake are very friendly. The security is adequate, many trials for hiking and the boating entrances are several. There are new cabins being built, with other vintage ones also available. A wonderful place to spend a few days to week at.

A great place to stay for a short time

This is a nice, clean campground to stay while traveling. There are close restaurants nearby and decent bathrooms which seemed newly renovated.

They had dog walking areas too. Everything was clean and had a good feel to it.

Small, but designed well

This is a smaller park, but the sites are spread out well. Super quiet, lots of trails to follow - including paved ones (bonus for us as we have a baby in a stroller), full hook ups (w,e,s), and has a splash park during the summer time. We will be returning quite a bit since it’s close to home.

Freedom Rocks

Brand new place that is definitely worth a visit if you like freedom. You can tell that the property has been empty for quite some time, but I saw a pretty good bit of progress during the time I spent there. I'll definitely be returning for a visit again soon when the weather is a bit warmer!

Awesome views

We camped here for 3 nights and will definitely be back. We were in the red section because I thought it had more views and ambiance. We were in a lakeside site and the mountain and the lake was simply beautiful. The site was tight and a little scary to back in as we got there after dark. The drop off was steep at the back of the site. But we managed and was glad we picked it. We did not use the bath house so can’t review those. We were there to visit our daughter in Decatur so we didn’t spend nearly enough time at the park. But next time we will! The WiFi was okay but not great. I’m sure it fills up in the summer as it is a great place to take your bikes or simply walk.

Dispersed winter camping near the Pocketocket

1/24/21: We were looking for somewhere near the Pocket to camp out for a night after a nice mountain bike ride on the Pinhotti Trail. The main campground in the area is closed in the winter. We pulled off the road onto Gentry Gap and found the perfect spot at the end of the road (~1 mile, easy dirt road). The Forest Service has done a nice job blocking off areas from vehicles (to stop erosion). There are 4 or 5 spots that are perfect for dispersed tent camping, and a small stream across the road for added ambiance. Super quiet and peaceful.