Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 50 ft.
Trail Lakes Campground is located in Florida
3 Reviews of Trail Lakes Campground
Nice hideaway

My girlfriend and I wanted to do the spur of the moment camping trip and so, while we were driving from the east side of south Florida we tried calling multiple campgrounds to find which had last minute availability for a 7:30 pm check-in. This campground was the first to answer the phone number listed on this app. The lady that answered was very nice and explained they had electricity and showers and that there were still tent sites available. The latest time you can check in is 9:00 pm and check out time is lax so we weren’t told a specific time.

Once arriving to the campground all we had to do was call a number to unlock the gate and then we paid for our camp site while we were in the car. After we paid, we were escorted to our camping site by a gentleman on a four wheeler.

The camping cite has a grill and electricity but we couldn’t find any water pump. But we brought water so we were fine. We were on a site next to the bathroom which also has showers, so it was easily accessible. There is a good amount of space for each site. You can definitely play some music at a low volume without disturbing anyone else. Another great aspect of this location is your ability to see all of the stars. There are no towns close by so the light pollution is low.

We are in November now and the weather is in the 70s during the day and 60s at night so the mosquitoes are not bad, but they are still present. Having a bottle of bug spray and maybe a fogger will do just fine in this weather.

Overall I am so happy with this campsite and it was perfect for what we were looking for.

Have been here less than an hour and I’m in love!!

Great spot, secluded in nature. Instantly felt peaceful and happy upon arrival. Excited to be here for 2 days!!

Update after the trip: loved this campground. Slept in my hammock for 2 days while my buddy was in the cabin. Quiet area. Beautiful stars at night. Very friendly hosts and on-site services such as wood delivery at all times!

Great basecamp for Everglades Adventures!

I gave this campground 5 stars because it feels so different than the rest of the Campgrounds available in Big Cypress Reserve and Everglades National Park.

Trail Lakes is a proper campground which is staffed and gated just off of Hwy 41 (Alligator Alley) on the west side in Ochopee. It's open all year long.

For me, visiting in the off season, it felt nice to have the structure of the campground. Most of the other campgrounds I visited along 41 between Naples and Miami were completely empty of people, but full of signs warning campers of Panthers and alligators - and even bears. I had no idea Florida had bears. I didn't want to camp alone, so I loved that this campground had staff and a few other guests who might notice f I got eaten.

The campground is open all year long, and has a small store in the camp office.

The campground is built in several loops around a couple of lakes and has space for RV's and tents. If also offers cabins and some screened in open air huts (which I didn't stay in but they looked really cool). You could buy ice and firewood, as well as rent kayaks if you dared to boat through alligator swamps.

There's not much in Ochopee, so stock up when you leave Miaimi or Naples (depending which way you drive). There are a few things available at the campground store.  There is a mini post office in Ochopee which is worth stopping for a photo opp. The airboat tours which are everywhere along the highway here are definitely worth it.

You can get their latest pricing for all their sites and cabins at www.evergladescamping.net

Black Friday Gift: 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift