Clifton, COLORADO

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Clifton Camping Reviews
Nice place to camp

We found a nice tucked away spot in a rock formation The roads are pretty rough, highly suggest an SUV or ATV. Gets hot in the summer, but beautiful views of the valley and river if you can find the way.

Oasis in the Desert

I typically visit this campground a few times per year on mountain biking trips. The grass fields and trees are unique in that most desert camping is spent sand out of all your nooks and crannies. The showers are a bonus after long days in the saddle.

Words can’t describe

Wonderful quite relaxing area even when biking events are going on and there are lots of people around.

Clean

Quiet. Grass!

So much more than I ever expected

Starting out my adventures in Park City Utah was nice but was nothing like my experience once I hit Saddlehorn! From the moment I entered the monument, until parking by my campsite my jaw was in a permanent state of drop. From the breathtaking views to the surreal scenery and everything else in between, it was like nothing I’ve ever seen before. The campsite was very nice/clean and I was at a site next to the bathrooms (which were also very clean) and it was never really a bother. The hosts/rangers were kind and friendly. Some even went as far as helping me with setting up my canopy since I was by myself, others offered amazing points of interest!

There were only 2 issues I encountered during my 9 day stay. 1. Being on top of a “mountain” it was hard to find appropriate places to stake my tent in so I used larger rocks in those corners to secure my tent. 2. The weather was 100+ all week but took a nice break and visited Grand Mesa Mountain where it was much, much cooler. With neither one of these two issues having any connection to the campground, I will be making this place a routine regular for sure! I even hope to be bringing my nieces and nephews with me some day!!

Grand Mesa Colorado.

Great campsite, beautiful location, camp host was exceptional. Can't wait to get back there.

Trailer Park

This is not a campground. It is a trailer park:)

Just off I70 and the river is just out of sight

The campground was fine, not great. Highway noise 24/7 and although our site was "on the river" there was an embankment which blocked the view.

There was a pretty fast current—I wish we had brought tubes and life vests so that we could have enjoyed the water. It was way too fast for our paddle boards.

The highlight of the campground was the steep cliff on the other side of the river. We quickly realized that two Bald Eagles were sharing a nest up high, and we enjoyed watching them while we were there.

Secluded

Stopped here for a night on my way through to St.Louis. Great spots with fire ring and lots of open space between places. The road is a bit rough when you get in pass the 3rd site. RV and Tent friendly. No water or electric but excellent phone service.