Carlsbad , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Carlsbad Camping Reviews
Good quick weekender

I stayed here with my fiancé and pup. We have a tent in the bed of our truck and it was an easy pull up spot at the end of the road. Only negative is there isn’t much to do here so many people take a walk around the campsites and come by every site. It’s was very dusty, which is expected but there was a wind storm the second night we stayed. Stayed here in late April which was about 85-90 and I’m sure mid summer gets much hotter!

Great campsite, bummer that the lake is gross

This is probably the nicest thing in lake elsinore along with the bowling alley. We stayed there for a weekend and had a great time taking the kids to the pool, and slaps pad. The restaurant has great food and cold drinks. They had a band play while we were there.

Would not recommend

This is actually a trailer park with a few campsites

Just went and it’s fun

I loved it I went there for one night and loved it so much I was greeted with love

Fun Weekend Site

Went for one day Saturday afternoon. Checked in at 11am friendly park staff and clear directions. Sites are FCFS even with reservation. Casino and gas station/convenience store open, ask about the Free Play promos when filling up! Casino staff also very cool and super clean inside. Lights out by 10pm but people we up til at least 12am. Port-o-Potties and vaulted toilets. Creek had harmful algae bloom so only at ankle height but imagine it’s nice when full. Will definitely go back for a 2-night stay.

Nice weekend get away

This campground is part of the “Thousand Trails” RV time share co-op. We are non-members and lined up our weekend stay a few weeks in advance. If we didn’t get reservations in advance there was no chance of getting a spot. All 500+ sites were booked solid (late April - early May). We live in Orange County and tried this spot for a quick out of town trip. We didn’t hit the road till late., so We showed up at dusk. The major downside to this park is they don’t assign any of the sites. It’s based off a “First come, first serve” the problem with showing up late is we spent 45mins driving around this large RV park trying to find and open site. We ended up in the sites that were electrical only, all of the other 495 sites are full hook ups.

The sites are large and will fit most large 5th wheels and diesel pusher motor homes. Some sites have 50 amp but not all.

Two pools, club house, general store (closed b/c of covid) tons of mature trees for shade. BBQ stations at most sites, tons of water foul playing around and honking all night long.

Ocean sunset views

After the steep beginning, you feel a sense of being father in the wilderness then you really are. Tons of Hawks hunting all over the top of the hill. Mosquitos were aggressive biting though clothing because I forgot big spray. They have an outhouse at the campground and a wood table with the best view of the sun setting into the ocean. The longer way up the hill had giant sunflowers along the bottom

Worth it

So worth the expense . Expensive but beautiful and romantic

Nice but needs some attention

Very pretty setting in forested valley below the famous telescope (now closed to all visitors - even to walk around outside). 30 or so sites, nice variety, some cater to astronomers, handicapped, doubles. The only bad thing I was SO looking forward to a hot shower on my check out day. But the shower ripped off ALL my quarters and NO WATER AT ALL! 😡 No camp host around to talk to either. So CHECK before you pay!!!

Central of southern California

In the back of a small town few miles behind a stater brother's and Arco. All rv sites are level on gravel and close together. Laundry uses a third party app to pay. Geese roam around freely but streets and site was clean. Menifee is central to the southern California mountains of north south and east in addition to the beaches 1-2hrs west.